Drawing MARV (Sin City) Couple of steps...

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by nps4474@yahoo.c, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Pencils to Inks,
    [​IMG]

Next step, (though this may be another prelim sketch, I do a few quickies until I get a basic structure I like and can work with)
    [​IMG]

Shit, I thought I had scanned a few of the prelim inking stages...hmmm...I can't find those files...lot's of erasing of uneeded pencil lines, addition of a few more contours, then outlines in micron pen, followed by India ink...anyway, heres the final drawing,

[​IMG]
    (all re-created/hand drawn from a panel featured in the graph. novel "A Dame to Kill for", by (my personal hero) Frank Miller, great reading by the way!):D

2. Very cool..marv has always been one of my top favorites.

if you find the inking stages post them. right now its like looking at an incomplete model of the evolution of man.
    you can appreciate it, but seeing all the steps makes it that much better. :)

3. Haha, thanks Roach, will do if I find them, I think Marv is sort of a Neanderthal, so your observation was right on the money.:D

4. Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him. They woulda tossed him girls like Nancy back then.

Really puts marv in perspective :p

5. That's one of my favorite quotes from the series, and Nancy? Maron a mi, the fucking body on that woman!:hello:

6. its cool but its basically an exact copy.

7. That's pretty bad ass man, you got some talent.