Drake does NOT rap about coming up from the hood

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by hardcheeba, Aug 4, 2010.

1. WTF stop talking shit.. Name me one line where he mentions anything regarding selling rock, coming from the projects, or getting shot. He is not a gangster and he doesn't say that he is. He raps about being on top. Some of you really fail to comprehend how difficult it is to make it big in the rap industry. Like his music or not give him the respect he deserves. Oh and for the record I only like 4 of his songs so I'm not even a huge fan, but I had to set this shit straight.

2. If Waka Flocka can make it in music, then it's shouldn't be hard.

Also, There are a ton of Lil Wayne and Drake threads you can jump in and feel at home. There isn't a need to make more of these shitty threads.

3. I felt like being the center of attention. Hence making my own thread. Get over it.

4. "I came up from the underground tho, so i gotta spend another 10,000 for Dilla." -Drake

I remember a song where he talked about himself as 'wheelchair jimmy' in degrassi.

but nah, drake doesnt talk about comming up from the hood, because hes from Tooronto CANADA.. he talks about his family nd shit.

but idk..
    he said "maybe its the room, cuz i dont do no drugs" yet he talks about weed in alot of his songs.. So idk what to believe

i do like some of his underground shyt tho, like "try harder" and others i dont feel like looking for.

5. Well you failed. "irokdonks" clearly took that with his post.

6. underground as in his mixtapes. wtf are you serious?
    and to the other guy twistedd, you're still replying to this thread? I still win. bye.

7. #8 Way2Blazedd, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    I said some.. Alot of his songs are annoying cuz of him talking about money.

He isn't no AZ or Nas, im not saying hes anywhere close to them..

@twistedd
    Let this guy have his own opinion, if you dont care then gtfo this thread.. Don't go in just to argue..

8. my bad i didn't even read the rest of ur post. real talk on wat u said bout him and weed, can't really decipher whether the niqqa smoke bud or not.

9. Its cool,

and yeah, he doesn't talk about comming up from the hood, but im pretty sure hes fake and just doing everything his producers tell him to do.

10. OP
    Get off Drakes ding a lang.

11. Who the fuck is Drake...you mean that guy in the wheel chair on the Canadian Show...I don't even care enough about the guy to dislike him...if someone said yo Drake died..I'd be like Drake who?

On a serious note....Drake and others of his ilk aren't musicians, and they are single handily lowering the par for what should be considered decent musicianship nowadays. He is helping to single handily kill the music industry...I hope this fad dies soon...Drake and all those other crap rappers need to go the music graveyard along with N'Sync, and New Kids On The Block.

12. Drake's a fag.

13. im far from a drake fan the niqqa ite but i wanted to clarify that he doesn't pay homage to the hood as much as most people make seem like.

14. What's' your point? Who cares if he pays homage to the hood. What people are you talking about?

15. I don't know...probably friends he has in real life who rag of Drake for acting hood...either way I see no point in this thread...especially when there infinite other ones out there about these shitty motha fuckas.

16. Why does anybody give a shit, at all, about some retarded society idol?

17. I dare Drake to come to my hood.

18. Shit I want him to come to my hood...I got plenty of over priced dank for his rich ass. I'm gonna get me some money outta him..

19. Of course Aubrey Graham doesnt rap about being from the hood, cause he isnt. I'll have to echo Funk-D's view though, I dont care enough about the guy to legitimately dislike him, so who cares!