drainage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by swollenblunts, Jun 12, 2010.

1. guys I just been thinking a lot about my buckets draining. I don't know what to do.. i have holes in the bottom and I have the buckets draining into a disposable aluminum lasagna tray but i cant have the buckets just sitting in the run off water... mold will form right??? I don't know if I'm over thinking it or what.. now I duct taped some cardboard boxes together and then lined it with plastic but again my buckets will still sit in my run off.... what can I do? just leave it alone or what?? I want to flower next week so can any1 help me please

2. i guess no one can help

3. buy two of the tins..and switch em out weekly...or just dump the one every day ..

4. Try giving enough to water/feed so it doesn't run out the bottom, if a little runs out, it will evaporate.
    You were right to change to plastic, solution lying in aluminum is bad, espicially if roots are drinking for it.

5. Im using a 5 gallon bucket and a 6 gallon bucket, no holes or anything, They have been growing and developing just fine, biggest thing is do not over water and you wont have to worry about it, I understand though If for some reason I need to flush the soil im bassically screwed, I dont want to stress the plant by lifting it and hammering holes on the bottom

6. I let my plants sit in the water...it evaporates pretty quickly

7. U r eventually gonna end up with Root Rot man.

:smoking:

8. ^^^^^what he said^^^^^

9. well I guess I have to buy something to put the buckets in, any suggestions? about how many holes would you put in the bottom? Im going to try to light the plastic on fire to acheive the holes so I dont stress the plants as much