drainage and light reflective shite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rekisito, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Is there any type of material I could use in place of mylar for light reflective material?
    and
    What can I use for drainage in the bottom of my pots? Would ordinary stones work?

2. I can't find Mylar, so I am using reflective car sun shades.
    They should work, I put coconut fiber at the bottom of my pot, its suppossed to be antifungal and has good drainage.

3. you do know that those 2$ emergency space blankets sold at sporting goods stores are made out of mylar right?

4. Yes that is what I use they are also known as Emergency camping blankets they are available at wal-mart in the sports department they are very cheap about $1.25 and very easy to handle the best and cheapest solution you will find.

As for drainage the best and cheapest is unscented kitty liter easy to find and about 2 bucks a bag.

5. [quote name='Hashmouf']Yes that is what I use they are also known as Emergency camping blankets they are available at wal-mart in the sports department they are very cheap about $1.25 and very easy to handle the best and cheapest solution you will find.
    quote]

exactly. I see everyone on here saying "oh man i cant find mylar anywhere. i have to order it offling."

and i think to myself, man i just run to sports authority and pay like 2 bucks. then i started second guessing myself cause i thought i might be wrong since it seemed like no one else knew

6. Yeah I know what you mean bro, I have been using The blankets since 2000 and everybody is still asking about mylar or talkin' about how hard it is to use mylar. Using the blankets is the best and at 1-2 bucks you can buy a lifetime supply for the price of a roll of mylar.