Dragon lite

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by AllNaturalDude, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Is the dragon lite vaporizer worth buying?

2. Really? What's wrong with it?

3. Its a poor mans MFLB.

4. I saw reviews on it tho, people say it's basically as good tho

5. I got one the other day just for shits and giggles. I have a vapor bros desk top vaporizer and iv been vaping for awhile.I wanted to test out a portable vape. So far I am enjoying the dragon lite. I understand its not high end but it does the job. Fill the trench hold down the battery for a few seconds start puffing easy as that.

I do have to say I enjoy the consept and I will probably get mflb soon. In retrospect I guess I could have just shelled out the cash and got the mflb in the first place.

I recommend the dragon lite if your tight on cash. If you have the money to spend just go for the mflb.

6. Yummy home grown bubba kush

ForumRunner_20130127_204041.png

7. I read that if you get 2700 powerex batteries it works just as good if not better than the mflb. I just picked one up. getting here on thursday, i'll let u kno how it is

8. ^^ it's a great affordable peace to add to any collection.

If had mine for a week and I am loving it highly recommended even tho it's a mflb rip off.

How many of you use android devise? A product directly inspired by the Iphone. So yes it's a knock off but well designed product for a reasonable price

9. What are the materials used in the manufacture of the Dragon? Are they RoHS compliant and totally non-toxic and safe to use?

10. I have a hard time recommending a chinese made, low end, plastic vape. There are no indications on the packaging that the dragon has passed any sort of health or safety inspection. Spend the extra money if only to get the lifetime warranty on the mflb.

11. It seems like a good cheap vape, it also has lifetime warranty.

12. #13 lwien, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013

Hmmmm........cheap Chinese plastic. What's that plastic painted with? Possibly that lead based paint that made it's way into children's toys. Don't really know, but considering other things that have made it out of mainland China that didn't have any US oversight, one does wonder, no?

I'd be more concerned about my life than the life of the vape. ;)

I wonder what they use for bonding the screen to the vape. Leaded solder? Some type of cheap toxic bonding agent. So lets see. Lets heat this puppy up till it gets red hot and inhale the fuck out of whatever is coming out of that vape. Who cares if it's not just the vapor from the weed I'm inhaling. The fucking things cheap. I saved myself a few bucks and THAT'S the only thing matters.

LOL...................

13. Hmmmm let's take a minute and look around us. Hmm plastic toy for children made in of all places China omg so dangerous I'm concerned.

For God's sake I bet your toothbrush is made in China. As well as a ton of other everyday product.

Just because something is outsourced to China does not make it inferior.

14. #15 lwien, Jan 30, 2013
    I have no problem with Chinese product that is outsourced to China from a US owned company that has oversight of that product. Hell, just about everything we use on a daily basis is made there, as you pointed out. But.............product that is made in China without any oversight whatsoever? There have been more than just a few cases of product leaving China with lead based paint. Anything that gets heated up that I am going to inhale into my lungs, I will make damn sure that it's safe.

I'm not saying that the Dragon IS toxic. I AM saying that it could be so why take the gamble just to save a few dollars?

China is known, big time, for ripping off product of well known manufactures and making them as cheap as they can and than rebadge it to sell in the States. It's a common practice and to not be concerned in vaping out of such a product, to me, just doesn't make any sense.

Here is a case in point. The DBV, a VERY well known and respected vape, is made in China, to a large extent, but..........the manufacturing process is constantly monitored and each unit is QC'd by 7th Floor in Colorado before they send it out to consumers. Does the Dragon go through this process? Considering what they are selling it for, I highly doubt it.

Simply going for the cheapest "can" be a dangerous proposition.

15. #16 kancastank, Jan 30, 2013
    I was about to completely shit on this vaporizer, but then i saw the $30 with free shipping price tag. I love my mflb, but 30 bucks aint shit.

At that price though, you gotta wonder how safe it is

16. The stronger the batteries, the quicker the vape will fry on you...

17. Got this vape a few weeks ago for the 2 simple reasons, it's cheap and it is a MFLB clone. I have to say I like this vape and because of it I just purchased an Arizer Extreme Q. I would say the Dragon Lite is a very good introduction to the vape world at an affordable price. To those that say this vape is dangerous I just can't see how? The chamber and trench is inside wood it just has a plastic outside casing. If you can afford the MFLB I would get it over the DL that's just me. MFLB has a well known good warranty, haven't heard much about the DL although it does also have a lifetime warranty. If you do get this or a MFLB vape do plan to get at least 4-5 nimh batteries and a charger, I use Sanyo Eneloop batteries.

18. This REALLY shouldn't have to be said but apparently it does...

You don't smoke other plastic chinese products. You don't smoke out of a toothbrush. He's not worried just because its a low quality plastic, its because you're HEATING cheap paint and plastic and then INHALING it. Does it need to be spelled out for you?

Would you ever smoke paint or plastic? You apparently would if that doesn't concern you about the box.

19. And to add to this.....

To make a vape THIS cheap and then offer free shipping AND a lifetime warranty to a small niche market (no economy of scale here folks), they HAVE to use the cheapest manufacturing process possible for them to eek out any kind of profit. The cheapest way to bond the screen to the poles is with leaded solder. Ummmmmmm...................