Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. lol... Thankfully!! I was feeling a bit wonky, but since the last time I medicated was almost 20 years ago, so I didn't remember what it feels like.. It is likely that my sugar is just low or something. You are seriously a wealth of knowledge!! Your directions were super easy to follow!!

Thank you!!

2. I'm happy to help. Let me know before you reconstitute it and we'll figure the best route to take for your wife. You can make tincture or infused oil or both equally as easy from that gooey oil. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is so much better and more exact than my method.. I think I have just been wasting tons of flower.. She prefers tincture.. She doesn't really like to smoke or vape and cooking with it would only work once in a while... So I think alcohol is the best method.. Can you use a lower proof alcohol to reconstitute?? Like a Pineapple Vodka or something similar??

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oil isn't that good for anxiety. Tinctures are better. But occasionally a concentrated cap can help with pain or sleep in an emergency. We'll put that on hold for now. I suppose you could use a lower proof but it would take more of it and though the dosage would remain the same, dosage volume would go up. You're not going to need to use a lot of the 151 unless you want to dilute it instead of using less.

You'll need to experiment with the lower proof because I've never done it. :huh:

• Like Like x 2
  5. It was just a thought, mostly because she has had to take a full dropper (not sure how much is in a dropper from the 2 oz bottle) for the right amount.. I believe I can get it to alot less so the taste wont matter..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stay with the 151. You won't have to use more than a dropper, less. How much of your tincture did you use for this? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I used 8 ounces of the tincture with the 1 ounce flower to 3 cups of alcohol ratio.. I plan to use 2 ounces to reconstitute.. Should be the perfect strength!

8. That should work well. Be careful. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, I did a bit of it and it worked fine for chilling about the house. I think I will now do the remaining amount and see how it goes!

Another thing I tried was using ABV and it is nice mild background buzz, nothing overpowering.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's great. Waste not, want not. :ey:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have another quick question.. I ordered some 190 proof cooking grade alcohol.. So I decided to make a small 7 gram batch of tincture using the 190 proof alcohol.. I also decided to decarb the flower.. Here's the steps I used.
    *I placed 7 grams of flower into the decarb machine..
    * I placed the decarbed 7 grams into a small Mason jar and covered with 3 ounces of the 190 proof alcohol and shook it vigorously for about 5 minutes.
    *Next, I strained the 3 ounces into the double boiler and put the flower material back into the Mason jar.
    * I added another 3 ounces of alcohol and shook it again vigorously for 5 minutes and again strained as much of the liquid as possible.
    *then I started heating the water in the bottom half of the double boiler..
    *I continued to heat the water until the alcohol started to boil.. In a short amount of time, the only thing left of the 6 ounces of 190 proof alcohol, infused with 7 grams of flower was about one ounce of liquid...

This is where my questions start... I have yet to see any of the black specks or any thickening at all. At this point, I am fairly sure I made a mistake somewhere... Was the decarb process instead of sticking it in the freezer for 24 hours the issue?? Does the boiling process decarb the material so That it is not necessary to decarb before starting?? Do you see anything in my process that stands out as a mistake?? With the 190 proof, is it necessary to continue to boil until the mixture thickens and then add a small amount of alcohol to reconstitute the tincture??

I would almost prefer to just see what I have with the 1 ounce as it is, rather than completely losing the entire batch if all the liquid vaporizes and the liquid never thickens...

Thank you for your help??

12. You don't have to worry about the black specks with the 190 because you won't get any until it turns into RSO. You can stop it at 1oz or 2oz or take it to the oil but only if you want the oil. You don't have to reconstitute. You've got that whole 7g in that ounce and it should be very strong.

You have made no mistake. Your Ardent took care of your decarb. The freezer does nothing for that. The freezer is mainly for your alcohol. The cold alcohol inhibits the extraction of chlorophyll and makes it less green and taste a little better but nothing else. Freezing the material after decarb helps with the trichomes but has absolutely nothing to do with the decarb.

I wish I had known you were going to use the 190 so that I could have explained the differences first. This is the video for the 190 process. :)

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 1
  13. @PsychedelicSam
    I wasn't planning on using 190 since it cant be bought in my state.. However, I figured I would try, since I was able to purchase the food grade 190 for extracts..
    Thank you for the info!!

14. I think you should be able to tell the improvement. It's expensive to just boil off, though. It takes about 750ml for an ounce for 2 runs and it gets expensive, especially when it's hard to get. I use a gadget to reclaim about 400ml so that it doesn't hurt my wallet as much.

How did the 151 process go when you reconstituted it? How much alcohol did you use for it? :huh:

15. It is definitely expensive just to boil off! Because of the cost, I doubt I will order more, but I wanted to try it out and see what the process was like..

I think the few small batches I have made have all turned out very good! I do believe it will take a lot of adjustments to get the optimal strength.

16. Maybe you can try out kief/hash tincture. You dont need to evaporate anything!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Is there a certain technique when using kief/hash?? I usually have or can easily get either..

• Like Like x 2
  18. Just decarb your hash or keif at 240F for 40 minutes. add amount of alcohol needed for your desired strength. You can strain the husks from the kief tincture, but it's not necessary. You could also strain the hash, but I wouldn't. I'd just give the hash tincture a shake before using.

• Like Like x 3
  19. When using kief/hash you don't have to waste all that alcohol and you can use either 151 or 190 with equal results. I'd use it if I had it. Here's the video for it. :)

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

• Like Like x 3
  20. How long does the tincture take to kick in normally ?