Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. We'll be looking forward to your results. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Me too lol. Have to decarb tonight to run the tinicture tomorrow. Dab run tonight

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. What's the verdict? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. As usual life ( read work) got in the way. Dab run was flawless except I didn't winterize so closer to a rso dab which is still good and does the job. Pretty tasty. Rushed the purge and it got darker than I prefer but eh. That's life.

Tinct supplies still in freezer. Might so that tomorrow night or Saturday at some point.

I will say this. I love having the rotovap. However I think I need to run larger batches as opposed to smaller ones. But either way things are good. Have a repair to make on my Bushnell funnel though.

How's life treating ya Sam? Did you get what you were after on your trip?

Yak

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would think the rotovap might be more efficient with larger batches but hey, you've got to get your feet wet first before you go wading in.

I'm hanging in there by a few threads so I guess I can't complain as long as it's not the last thread. A trip to the dispensary is seldom satisfying. They may have the goods but it's no fun. I enjoyed the black market days much more. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
  6. [QUOTE="
    A trip to the dispensary is seldom satisfying. They may have the goods but it's no fun. I enjoyed the black market days much more. :confused_2:[/QUOTE]
    that's funny you would say that Sam as I feel the same way. I think that when it's legal everywhere and sold in businesses like a bar sells alcohol, it's just not going to be the same. It's like growing... I find the excitement of growing something illegal and having to be secretive about it is part of the experience.
    I hate to think that someday you will see commercials on tv for cannabis like you do for all these other countless medications. I always have had a dislike of "the man" and always enjoyed doing what told not to do

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. that's funny you would say that Sam as I feel the same way. I think that when it's legal everywhere and sold in businesses like a bar sells alcohol, it's just not going to be the same. It's like growing... I find the excitement of growing something illegal and having to be secretive about it is part of the experience.
    I hate to think that someday you will see commercials on tv for cannabis like you do for all these other countless medications. I always have had a dislike of "the man" and always enjoyed doing what told not to do[/QUOTE]

That sums it up pretty well, pushu. I'm afraid it's the end of an era, alas. patroncigarre.gif

• Like Like x 3
  8. @pushu
    As someone working off the black market I would be thrilled to pop down to dispensary for some cannabis. If I didn't have someone helping me out I'd be paying a lot more for unknown strains. No such thing as choosing an appropriate strain for your needs. Having hash oil is felony in my state. If they caught me making it it would be bad. I'd trade the excitement of a grow in my house for the ability to buy something and transport it home without risking arrest. The era of prohibition is still alive in Virginia.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Although I agree with the end of an era statement, i too must say that the toll prohibition has taken on my mental acuity is substantial and i would lavish the idea of a stroll to buy some CLEAN dunk and not risk my health and freedom. Let alone the dollar support to organised crime....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. But it's about as much fun as a trip to the corner convenience store. ballon.gif

• Like Like x 3

11. Life. Such a bitch sometimes.

Rant over.
    So still dabbing that batch. Loving every minute of it. But still need to figure out the micro filtration. In time.

Tinct. Took 1 oz of flower and processed it. Winterized and reduced to final volume of 4 us fluid ounces. This is a pretty strong tinct. No lecticin yet for me but going to get some for next batch to compare.

And you're right Sam. The roto is better suited for larger batches but I make it work anyways. I think in order to make it efficient I need to be processing a lb plus at a time. And I have the equipment to do so. Just need the material.

Ive got the cbd strain 2:1 ( which I plan to be my daily user also for the extra CBD in it) that is 3 ish weeks from harvest. That will be the big one for me - 2 large plants expecting close to half lb or more.

My purple kush is all still fucking popcorn mugs even though it's 5 weeks into flower. So not sure wth is going on with her. Could be bad seed. Could be root issues. Could be anything really. So she may just get processed too as there is dick all there at the moment too.

I need to order some more enzimes to make some gns again . I figure I need about 5 gallons stocked for this summer's harvest and for everything up till then. Soon it will be time to fire up the still again.

• Like Like x 3
  12. You don't want to add lecithin to your alcohol tincture. It will really just cause a mess whether it's granules or liquid. It's a fat and that is just not going to mix with the alcohol.

It certainly sounds like you've got a plan. :ey:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for the heads up. Will have to do a transfer to oil for that one. Thinking of making caps too.

And I do. It's a half assed plan but it's there lol. How's life on your end bud?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Heck, you might as well while you're doing everything else.

Oh, life goes about as well as can be expected around her. Nothing to write home about. :confused_2:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Lol it seems like a lot but it's little pieces at a time. I make beer wine and spirits as another hobby so naturally it carries over. The things we do for fun eh

• Like Like x 3
  16. @PsychedelicSam
    I watched the video and just have a couple quick questions..
    Is there a max temperature you need to stay below when boiling off the alcohol and water?? I am using a typical kitchen stove so I can get my temperature way higher than a hotplate..
    Also, If I don't have enough time to do the entire boil off process at once, can I boil off what I can for an hour or so.. Then stick what is left in the fridge or cabinet until the next day when I can finish the process??
    Lastly, Does just leaving it out uncovered, so the alcohol and water can evaporate at room temperature over night work??

Thank you!!

Attached Files:

18. If you're using a double boiler or water bath then the boiling water will keep the temp just right. The alcohol vaporizes at 173° so you don't need a lot of heat. I wouldn't place it directly on the heat source. If you use the water bath don't forget the cotton pad or cloth under the jar so that it doesn't tip over.

Sure you can start and stop it however you want. You can also just let it sit out and evaporate naturally but it might take a little longer. You want the resultant oil to be gooey and not dried out completely so it will reconstitute easily.

You can see how it turned cloudy and now the dark spots. Those are the cannabis oil globs. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. @PsychedelicSam

I am making this for my wife with anxiety.. I do not medicate because of work.. Is it possible to get high from the evaporation fumes?? Enough to fail a drug test??

20. No, the fumes are only alcohol but wear gloves. The infused alcohol could get in through your skin but I don't know if it would be enough to trigger a response. :mellow:

• Like Like x 1