Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. Well, that makes perfect sense to me. Makes me wonder what test conditions were used if scientist say differently. IMHO, Gold Bond extra rich must have enough of the right stuff, plus i used plenty of good high quality concentrates for this batch. Thanks for the help from all.
    :vaping:

• Like Like x 2
  2. It's a shame he was not more open to it for longer term treatment. Cannabis cream makes amazing anti-inflammatory meds, not to mention the pain relief. Guess it will take a while for the old prejudice to fade from a good medicine.......
    :confusedalt:

• Like Like x 3
  3. I have some old canna caps made from tincture then a solvent transfer to EVCO. I processed a Sativa grow harvested early to concentrate what was good. and now have these old caps lying around. They were in the freezer and I had forgotten about them and didn't have a clue as to potency I had a chance to try them this weekend on a road trip. Two were a pleasant surprise- a happy high that crept up on me and kept me laughing for hours. Nice addition to the medicine cabinet. One or two daily as desired. I have no idea how these stack up the BNw's Hallucinating Hash Caps. It was an immature grow so of unknown potency so I feel fortunate to have saved anything.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Years ago, I harvested a few bag seed plants that had become "inconvenient ". Processed all the trim and converted to butter. Not super potent, but it made awesome butter cookies. Two was a pleasant low grade stone, but was my first cannabis cook. This in the days of no internet for answers... Lol

No waste and all gain!
    :hola:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hey Sam,

I did a solvent transfer based off your guide (thanks!) and added in some lecithin. I was actually able to hold it in under my tongue for a minute, which is next to impossible with 95% alcohol content. I then found the effects were intensified, perhaps a combination of the sublingual absorption / enhanced absorption through the liver. I then felt it was more of a body high, but not sure if it was placebo. Anybody else have opinions on GD alcohol vs MCT? I'll probably stick with alcohol as it's better to mix with drinks, but may continue to experiment.

Probably a better thread for this, but has anybody had any success in creating a topical cream? If so is there a guide floating around here? Seems like CBD is the better choice for these creams based off research, but THC surly will help, especially if infused with anti-inflammatory terpenes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. With all the alcohol gone from your oil there shouldn't have been any burn at all and you should be able to hold it or swish it as long as you like before you swallow. The lecithin helps with the sublingual absorption but still, the bulk is swallowed and metabolized in the liver. You will get an initial effect. It's not placebo. Strain will make a difference in the "body" vs "cerebral" effects but it's my observation that oil is usually more body-centric, even Sativas, than GD or other mediums that are absorbed differently. It may be the delta-9 vs delta-11-hydroxy.

I, personally, am a GD guy. MCT is good but the GD can be used so many different ways and can be used to infuse just about anything. Honey, anyone? :yummy:

Well, I think you came to a good place for topicals. I've been known to dabble with them. I have a whole series in my other thread and a whole section in the Index. Here's a little reading for you, with a video even. You can add CBD isolate to your cream with no problem. I'm including the links for the "topical creations" series along with the link for the Index/Table of Contents in case you may be interested in something else but don't want to read a thousand pages. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Topical Creations - Part 4 w/video Strength Post 10062
    Topical Creations - Part 1 Post 10030
    Topical Creations - Part 2 Infusion/Blending Post 10048
    Topical Creations - Part 3 Texture Post 10054
    Topical Creations - Part 5 Roots Post 10248

Index/Table of Contents
    for
    Another Tincture Thread....Try It, You'll Like It!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hey Neslex, with Sam's guidance I have had success with 2 different batches of cream. I have Fibromyalga, joint and back pain, so it's big for me.

You can use either an alcohol or an oil extraction. My last batch was 1/2 gram CO2 clear (92% THC) and about 1/3 gram of CBD crystals. I used just enough 190 proof ( put in by the drop ) to desolve the crystals and mix with the CO2 oil. Once it was completely blended and clear, I mixed this with just a teaspoon or two of Gold Bond cream to temper it, makes it easier to get a good blend. I used the Tupperware tiny tubs, added 4 oz of the Gold Bond and whipped in the THC/CBD mixture. This stuff is really good. No Decarb needed. This will work with any kind of concentrates and is fast and easy.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hey Sam, was meaning to tell you about my new dog medicine. I have a 16 yo poodle mix, a lovely calm and intelligent animal, has been a great companion. His hips are about gone, his vision and hearing are gone and he has a tumor on his chest and swells and shrinks.

I have been treating him with small doses of cannabis but it's hard to get it down. His other meds I dose with peanut butter. So it hit me last week... Peanut butter infusion. I had some indica sugar that I didn't care for, used about 1/4 gr and about 1/5 gr of CBD crystals. Did the alcohol mix and blended into 2 oz of peanut butter. I just a few days he is feeling so much better and when he smells the peanut Cannabutter he gets so excited he starts to shiver. His brain is all there and if this keeps him going and happy I'm thrilled. Thinking I May try the puppy meds... Lol

:weed:
    Go team cannabis!​

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sam:
    Have you ever included other herbs in your topicals such as calendula or echinacea for their anti microbial and healing properties. Do you see any issues with combining multiple herbs along with cannabis?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I have used arnica and plantain leaf with good effect. I infused some almond oil with GD first then I soaked the herbs in the infused oil for three weeks before straining. I did it that way so that I wouldn't dilute my cannabinoids with the herb oil so it would keep the potency steady. I don't see any issues with it at all, pushu. :)

• Like Like x 5
  11. I live in an area that restricts both alcohol and weed. So I think I'm limited to like 100 proof in my alcohol, and weed that is not the highest quality. I'm wondering if I decarb, then put an ounce of my weed into like 8 oz of bourbon for a couple of weeks in a closet, how will that turn out? Any knowledge on this subject? Thanks!

Given the high water content, what would be a good, simple process I could try here in a primitive environment to reduce it to a more concentrated form, assuming the first step gets the THC into the whiskey successfully?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Had some problems with my ardent decarboxylator and dont think my cannabis fully decarbed. Sam is it possible for a natural decarb to occur in the freezer? I dont really want to leave at room temp as im not a fan of the chlorophyll taste.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well, there are a couple of ways that you can make your tincture but, frankly, both leave a bit to be desired compared to a high proof alcohol extraction.

If it were me, I'd choose vodka or gin or rum instead of bourbon but that's just a matter of preference. The thing to keep in mind is that if you have 100 proof alcohol, it's really only 50% alcohol and 50% water and it's only the alcohol that extracts your cannabinoids. If you have 8oz of 100 proof bourbon then you only have 4oz of ethanol for the actual extraction and then saturation point comes into play. If you have enough alcohol available you can quickly strip your trichomes without needing to let it soak, double it if possible.

The problem with having to use a higher volume of your spirits is that it dilutes your tincture to the point where you might use a shot for a dose and then you have to contend with the effects of the alcohol as well. If you tried to let a little of the alcohol evaporate, it would help but you wouldn't get very far at all before it would begin to separate into layers.

So the first way is to do your soak then use the tincture in shots. A lot of people do this who, like you, don't have access to the ideal components and have to make do with what you do have. It's effective but if you want a more concentrated cannabis effect then you can concentrate it as you mentioned. It's much like the 151 guide we have here except it takes longer.

You can concentrate it down to a gooey oil and then reconstitute that oil with some fresh alcohol or use it to make butter/oil or other edibles. It will take a longer time to evaporate the extra water. This is the method I would use instead of the shots. Follow the guide I'm going to attach using a larger amount of your alcohol due to the low abv level.

Why don't you try with a smaller sample first to get a feel for it before going all out? Use 7g and see how it works. We're here to help all along the way. Take a look at this and we'll discuss it in more detail if you'd like. :)

Detailed Reduction & Concentration Guide w/video for 151 Proof Green Dragon(Dragon Lite)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Strain it first then leave it in a cabinet for a month or two. It won't happen in the freezer or refrigerator. If the material isn't in it then you won't get extra chlorophyll. :mellow:

• Like Like x 2
  15. This page says I can just decarboxylate and use it with a bit of oil without having to "extract" anything. 6 NEED to KNOW Decarboxylation Facts to Fully Activate Cannabis . I'm going to give it a whirl and see what happens. I'll post results.
    I bought a fancy decarboxylator machine and that should be key.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's the oil that extracts instead of alcohol. Maybe a better idea considering your options. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. No extraction is needed, that's my point. The oil simply helps the THC get absorbed into the intestines. It's not necessary. "The purpose of the fat, when mixed with the active cannabinoids, is to help with absorption during digestion or application, which is a perfectly useful way to incorporate fats when dosing with cannabis." See the link I provided above for details. I believe it, you don't have to. :) . I will test soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #1338 PsychedelicSam, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    You'll get plenty of roughage in your diet from that. Good luck. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Good Morning All,

I tried improving upon Sam's recipe which was a mistake. I tried adding slightly more herb and 5 ounces of everclear instead of the 6 (3oz for first run and 2oz for the second). I was hoping to be able to increase potency. I reduced down to 2oz for just over 4g/oz. I wish I had used more alcohol, which would have been evaporated anyway down to the same level of concentration, but there would be less burn with more evaporation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Now for a question, is there anything I can do with 2% cannabis oil (20mg/mL) obtained from a medical dispensary? It was CO2 extracted.

I love the Dragon because it can so easily be added to almost anything, but I'm worried the oil will not mix well with anything other than other oils/fats. How do you all use cannabis oil? Is it possible to make hard candy or gummies with cannabis oil?