Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. Yes, I still feel that way as long as you have decent kief. It is easy and the best part is that you get other beneficial plant compounds that you don't get from extracted concentrates. Even though you still have to extract, you get 100% from that extraction, no waste. And did I say how easy it is? :sneaky:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Making scrambled eggs was hard the first time when I was kid too, but it is pretty easy, and looking back now I laugh about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Many Many Times Brother
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Actually thanks to PSam's help I was able to make a decent tincture.

He's a clever fellow.

"Psycho Mantis..?"

• Like Like x 3
  5. At the end they actually were giving him Marinol because he was far to ill to get down the hospital food.

"Psycho Mantis..?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well P must stand for patience in
    PSam

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hey PSam I have followed a video of yours on YouTube that related to 151 tincture. I have followed all steps that are involved in 190. I have used 5gs of decent bud and began to reduce as advised It got cloudy and specs formed I then reduced to a goo.. I then reconstituted 1 oz of 151 to the mixture..now my question..it mixed but I then got black specs again with 20 mintues of sitting. if I shake it up a bit, it remixes but seperates..what should I do

• Like Like x 2
  8. Greetings, leotime31. Have you tried to use a little heat to get everything to mix? That really should do it but you don't want to heat it too much so the alcohol doesn't evaporate and cause the whole thing to separate again. Just get it warm and stir and it should mix in. Let me know if it does or doesn't. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for getting back to me so quick!! So I'll add a picture to better see what I'm seeing.. so I did this last night it mixed well so I thought I was done..got back from work and checked it out as it was in the fridge for 24 hours and this has happened. I can mix it to get it all but then settles out again and again and again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Just mixed it to show you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorry seems pic wasn't loaded

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Just wondering why it keeps separating yet I can still agitate it to remix..over and over

13. It looks like it's sediment, leo. Those don't look like the oil particles and look more like fine sediment that made it through the filter. It's not oily at all from what I can see. You can filter it again if you want or leave it like that. It's from the trichome husks and won't hurt anything.

Be sure to keep the lid on it so alcohol doesn't evaporate and change it back to goo. If that ever does happen, you can clear it up again by adding some drops of fresh room temperature alcohol until it clears. :mellow:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Thanks PSam for reassuring.. I will try some tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'm glad to help. Let me know how it goes. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 5
  16. #1236 Joker1121, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    I'm enjoying some Sativa tincture I made from decarbed trim run shatter, an eighth to two ounces EC. I added a few drops of Sativa blend terpenes about half way through. Next I want to try making tincture with kief. I wanted to get fucked up last night (as opposed to merely high). I filled my water bottle with OJ, two shots of 190 and a dropper of Sativa tincture. I had a blast!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Okay so I tried some of my dragon. I took 8 drops at first in some water and swished it around.. minimals effects.. I then measured about 1 ml and got a nice buzz/high.. going to up my dose to possibly 2 ml later to see if that gets me where I would like to be at. One quick question. Is this right in terms of potency? I used 5 gs of some green dank. Would the extra 2 grams make a big difference?

• Like Like x 3
  18. So while 8 drops had minimal effects, it did have effects. That's not a lot, less than .25ml. A lot depends on your tolerance, the strain and the amount of alcohol used to reconstitute it. 2g can amount to 300mg or more so, yes, it can make a big difference. You should use a little less alcohol when using less material to keep your ratio consistent.

Be careful that you don't run up your tolerance too fast. Give that last dose a chance to cycle out of your system first before doing it again.

Did you filter the sediment or just leave it in? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hey PSAM. No i didnt filter out the sediment. For my first tincture I just wanted to experience something great so didnt want to ruin potency or anything on this first batch.. I usually over think things. Lol. ..would using less or more alcohol matter? If i used 3.5 oz’s of 151 for each run while infusing, that would be 7 total oz’s. If you evaporated all the alcohol away and just reconstituted the RSO with 1-1.5 oz’s. wouldn't I be left with maximum potency regardless? Or is there something im missing?

Thanks for answering all of my questions!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Also how does this fair with tolerance? I smoke and dab everyday. I probably go through an oz of flower in 2 weeks and a gram of Wax with it as well.. so id say my tolerance is pretty high yet i still manage to get high every time..i want to continue to get high on que..would this dragon affect that?

• Like Like x 1