Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. Thanks for the reply Sam! Looking forward to seeing how it goes tomorrow, Ill be sure to report

• Like Like x 5
  2. I can vouch for the coffee filter method. I also followed PSam's advice about wetting it with alcohol. Didn't soak up the tincture at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 6
  3. Thanks Sam! The first batch has turned out great! I used 7g and ended up with 2fl oz. I have found out a good dose for me is anywhere between 2ml and 4ml, this brought up a question:

How far would one be able to evaporate the alcohol without losing thc/efficiency? For example could I evaporate more alcohol in my next batch of 7 grams high quality buds to end up with only 1fl oz and effectively double the strength?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I did respond to this the other day when I first read it so imagine my surprise when I just discovered that it wasn't here. :blink:

You can evaporate the solution down to just a few milliliters and still have it remain a liquid and you can reduce it down to a gooey oil without losing any of the potency. If you reduce the next batch down to 1oz then you'll have one heck of a punch to it. That would double it. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. [​IMG]
    LOVE YOUR THREAD SAM

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. PsychedelicSam,

You seem quite knowledgeable about tinctures. Forgive me for jumping in but I had a question I would like to ask, if you can find the time to answer I would be very appreciative because I have been searching the internet and can't seem to put my finger on the answer.

I am interested in making Ritha from soap nuts. To be exact, I am looking to reproduce the Ritha that Mountain Organics offers. He uses vegetable glycerin to make it.
    Ritha (aka soap nuts!) 100% Organic cold extracted botanical tincture with FRESH ALOE VERA!

Is this something you could instruct me to make? ( : Pretty please?

7. I hate to disappoint you but I don't have a clue. If it's not a cannabis tincture then it's not in my playbook. Sorry. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
  8. That would be a good thing to learn, the tinctures for foliage feeding are pretty hot sellers right now in the notill just water community. Thank you for the response.

9. That seems to be more of a topic for the organic grow section instead of edibles. I've never been much of a gardener. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sorry. I'll teach you gardening if you teach me how to make cold processed tinctures. ( :

11. I'm not interested in the gardening but the cold pressed oils and tinctures seem like they wouldn't be difficult to do. You'd need to get a press and then you'd figure out your process for the tincture. It shouldn't be too hard. :huh:
    Oil expeller press - The purest oil from seeds, nuts & olives - PITEBA

• Like Like x 3
  12. Glycerin makes an extremely tasty and provocative cannabis tincture, that when made using cold extraction methods, is reminiscent of wild honey, as it preserves all the individual flavors, so that they dart off in all directions simultaneously.

13. I wouldn't think that you'd want a glycerin tincture of any sort for a foliar feeding application or for soap nuts. As for a glycerin cannabis tincture, cold extraction is the only way that I recommend. It does capture a lot of the flavors. I don't care for glycerin personally, though. :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Organic Vegetable Glycerin is how mountain organics makes his tonic's (tinctures) and they are all for foliar feeding. He makes a neem, SST, citrus and ritha (soap nuts) one according to his web site.

15. That shows what I know then which isn't much. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Thank you brother, very generous with your time and page. I wont waste anymore of you time. Good to meet you anyway! See you in another life. ( :

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. I'm sorry that this wasn't in the range of my expertise. I hope you get it figured out and it gives you large harvests. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. I've been evaporating my tincture with a fan blowing air over it, rather than using any heat. This wouldn't cause any loss of potency could it?

Also in the evaporation process I noticed yellow/green colouring on the sides. Is this potentially wasted cannabis? What's the best way to retain any goodness?

• Like Like x 1
  19. No, no problem with that. I use the same method when I make a naturally decarbed tincture to preserve the trichomes. The only problem that a couple of folks have run into is that if you have heavy humidity, you can get a little moisture in it. That happens more when it's by an open window and humid. It's not usually a problem, though.

For the stuff on the sides just swish the liquid up over it to wash it back down into the solution. When it's finished there will still be a film on the glass so just take a dropper or two of fresh alcohol and rinse it out. :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. P'Sam, are you still of the opinion that keif will make a tincture superior to shatter or other concentrates? I'm going back through the thread for these gems.

• Like Like x 1