Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. I am looking at the handle and wondering if a drill could be used on the drive axle.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. dON'T SEE WHY NOT

3. Sam, I sent you a PM with a question. As a newbie to this forum, I'm not even sure how to check to see if you reply! Duhhh.

4. Yes ma'am, I have received it and will answer it soon. You will see a little red alert at the top of the page. Click on it and the PM will open up. You may get a notification by email, too. I'll come in here and let you know, too.

You posed a challenging scenario and I want to think on it a bit to be sure I give you the best advice that I can. It will be before the end of the day. [​IMG]

5. You've got mail in your PM box, Racergirl. [​IMG]

6. Easy BHO
    Decarb & Tincture

We haven't had a new guide over here in a while so I guess it's about time. I'll let the video speak for itself. I'll take The tincture down tomorrow to the lab for the decarb testing and post the results when I get them. I didn't want to wait because this was kind of fun and I wanted to share. Not fun in a ha, ha kind of way but in an even more fun thing, learning and gaining experience.[​IMG]

7. Oh Sam I am excited! You made my day. Did you do the roach one? It's almost 2 am and I have to go to bed but I'll watch the video when I get up.

8. Cockroach tincture. Very interesting.

9. Someday I'll get a guide up here that works for you and I figured the BHO might be the best bet for you. It's so easy. I'll post the lab results.

No, I haven't gotten around to the roaches yet but it's just like the normal guide except that you'll do a quick water wash of the material to rinse off the carbon and ash to make it taste better. It still needs to be decarbed. I'm out of cash so my roaches are slowly being devoured one by one in my bong. [​IMG]

10. Cannabis roaches. They don't have legs so you don't have to worry about them running away. [​IMG]

11. #891 PsychedelicSam, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    BHO Honeycomb
    Decarb Results

Honeycomb decarb.jpg
    Select Image to expand

I definitely consider this a success, considering it is my first time. As you can see, we had a little unconverted THCA remaining but not enough to make much difference, about 11%. That's better than an oven decarb of buds from 225/30, 225/50 and 240/30 temps and times. We have a good array of cannabinoids and a full infusion with moderate CBN.

This sample shows 40mg/ml for approximately 15ml of tincture. If you do the math for this you'll come to an answer of 600mg/0.5oz or 1200mg per ounce which means that the BHO was 1200mg/g. Not quite possible, is it? Well, this is where one of the vagaries of lab testing comes into play. On these tincture results that use mg/ml as a measure, the density is lighter than that of water. The real results would take the density of the tincture and figure the exact amount by multiplying the density by the percentage of the compound but the labs just use the 1g/ml standard.

In this case the density of the tincture is 0.789mg/ml instead of the 1g/ml weight of water. To get the actual count we will convert the numbers on the test into percentages by moving the decimal point to the left 1 place. That gives us 3.97% cannabinoids, 39.7mg. We then multiply that by the density of 0.789 to get the total cannabinoids per mg or ounce. For this sample that is 3.13% or 31.3mg/ml or 939mg/oz which is more in the realm of possibility. I believe there should only be about 800mg and the discrepancy is due to my lack of accurate ml measurement. I made what looked like 15ml but the bottle had a dropper and that usually takes a couple of ml away.

I mention this correction in case anyone happened to do the math and then smelled something fishy. In most of the tests the difference isn't enough to risk confusing people about since we're usually looking at the big picture but with this, it's just difficult trying to justify something that goes against physics. No matter how hard you push, and without a cyclotron, only 1000mg will go into 1 gram.

The strain for the BHO is Purple Berry which is a 50/50 hybrid. I have done some of it twice now and have been very pleased. The effects follow the strain profile to a T. The ease of this operation has caused me to modify some of my personal preferences. This is so much easier than making GD from scratch and is maybe more cost effective for smaller batches. I still want all the terpenes and will continue the full extractions but I mainly use GD for edibles now and to make it efficient, I have to use an ounce of material and I just don't have the budget for that anymore. If I get a gram of BHO to make some edibles, it's the equivalent of 2oz of my GD so I can make a batch of great brownies without having to invest a few hundred dollars to do it, even though it lasts a while.

I'm still not a fan of BHO for inhalation but I'd be a fool not to consider the efficiency in making small batch edibles. [​IMG]

12. I've been thinking this for a long time. I really don't want to do big batches.

Sam I don't get what you mean by a water wash . When do you do that? I have about half a qt jar of roaches but I was planning on clipping the ash off when I peel off the paper. I need to know if I should just use 7 grams like the first guide said?

Do I just use the guide at the beginning of this thread?

13. Yeah, the same guide. The CBN count is a lot higher so it should be a good evening product, especially if it's Indica dominant. It still needs decarbing, too.

If you're going to cut the ends off first then you don't need to rinse it. Otherwise you'd get a lot of that yucky carbon taste and nobody wants that if it can be avoided. Since the cannabinoids aren't affected by water, a quick rinse in water then dried will get rid of that. [​IMG]

14. Hi Sam:
    I have a couple of questions I thought I might find the answer in this thread but I am only half way through and that has taken me a few days so I will just ask away:
    I made GD with approx 2 oz of bud so I have probably 6-8 oz of product. I don't need to use this right away so my thought was to let is sit for a couple months. I plan to reduce it approx 50% before using it so should I do that now and then let is sit or let it sit and then reduce it when the time comes? If I were to leave it in a mason jar with the top off wouldn't it evaporate on its own in time?
    thanks..

15. Pushu
    In an open mason it will take a while (but not that long) I have a qt reducing as we speak
    I am doing the same thing and it is slow.
    Make sure its in a dark dry place it should reduce fine
    Mine is.

16. So Sam,
    How many roaches and how much everclear? 7 grams of roaches to follow the recipe?

17. Yes, ma'am. That should do it but maybe we should start a raffle to see how many roaches it will take. [​IMG]

18. If you've used 2 ounces of bud and only have 6-8fl oz of GD then you've already got a ratio of 8g/oz, using 7fl oz as your volume. That's already extremely strong, depending on the buds of course. If using it as a tincture you may want to consider leaving it as it is but if using for edibles, concentrate as much as you want.

If it were me, I would reduce it first but only because I like to get all the work completed before I set something aside otherwise I have a tendency to lose track of it. It's really six of one and half a dozen of the other, like Stiggy. There's no best answer of the two. Whatever works into your world better. [​IMG]