Drag Racing

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by The Crunge, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Anybody watch it?

I went to the Mile High Nationals yesterday, and like usual, I can't wait for next year...

2. its bomb as fuck, especially at the 4 wide in Charlotte, NC. with top fuel running:smoke::cool:

3. drag racing bores the fuck out of me, its worse than nascar imo.

4. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']drag racing bores the fuck out of me, its worse than nascar imo.[/quote]

have you ever been to a race?

The cars have over 8,000 hp, the driver feels 4+ G at launch and 6+ G at deceleration, they go 330+ mph, 0-100 in 0.84 seconds.

When they go by, the stands fucking rattle and car alarms go off. I shit you not, car alarms fucking go off.

And they run on nitromethane.

can nascar do a 1/4 mile in 3.5 seconds? No. Nascar is boring as fuck.

5. im not poor or stupid enough for nascar:cool:

6. i agree that nascar is boring as fuck. but so is drag racing...

this is real racing.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNtbaMadX4]Exciting GT2 finish at Laguna Seca - YouTube[/ame]

7. I love that shit too

I never watch drag racing on tv. It is boring. It's only cool in person.

Not only do they blow their engines with a huge explosion 95% of the time, if you turn and inch too much you're fucking dead.

8. Drag racing is sweet.

I'm into my old VW's and they make for an interesting 1/4 mile.
    Mine should be running down next season ;)

9. Goin to the NHRA nationals this weekend at infineon ( sears point ) this weekend. Fuckin stoked !

10. [quote name='"88k5BLAZER"']Goin to the NHRA nationals this weekend at infineon ( sears point ) this weekend. Fuckin stoked ![/quote]

Smell some nitro for me man!