Draft?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChiiDank, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I have looked up on this alot. If north and south Korea do go to a all put war and u.s troops are sent in do you think there will be another draft? I for one do , I just don't see how we have enough people in the military to go there, because we already have so many troops in Iraq.. From what I heard the north Korean army is big too. I for one would be effected by this being 18 years old with no brothers I would be one of the first to get drafted.. If it did happen I think I would move to Canada. Although I have much respecting for any one fighting for our freedom, violence is not for me.. I feel bad killing a spider .. So what do you guys think will happen ? And if u did get drafted. Would you be a draft dodger or go to war?

2. I refuse to work for the US armed forces. This includes the military, along with agencies like the FBI, DEA, CIA, etc.

3. ^^ Wut He Said

although i would maybe go into the military just for the experience ;p

4. Wouldnt happen. The military has more than enough people right now. Due to the economy and no jobs hiring people turn to the military for jobs.

5. IMO the US should get rid of all the private contractors that must be costing a fortune and instead have a draft.

A draft would be much better.

Then perhaps the Jesus and $$$ loving NeoCons might not be as supportive of starting/supporting another war if their little Johnny or Mary had to serve.

6. actually a logical take, but i'm against forced... anything :/

7. People in power have ways to keep their offspring out of harms way. Even if there was a nation wide draft I highly doubt you'd see Politicians children going to fight.

8. The media today is very different than the 60's/70's..

There would be a witch hunt today.

A draft with no exceptions would really "change" the US...

9. Truth. It really would change the mind set of this nation if there was a full scale draft even though Id be included.

10. #10 Arteezy, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    A draft in the US would be fought against tooth and nail and you can be damn sure that some people will get out of it.

You think Americans distrust their government now? Wait until they come knocking for all the young male adults.

11. The public outrage at a Dem Congressman's or Gop Senator's son getting out of his duty would force 100% participation.

The outrage and protests that the draft would provoke would force future US administrations to not get involved in conflicts.

Perhaps it would spark a badly needed revolution of sorts in the US.:smoke:

12. The reason some people want a draft is to undermine rich people's support of war, with an underlying profit motive, since there's a chance that some of their children will have to fight.

13. it depends on the exact details.. but chances are id be dippin out, Why would i fight for this fucking government, why would i fight to help south korea out, idk anyone in south korea, i feel bad when people kill an animal and dont eat it.. id be draft dodgin.. but if there trying to come over here, id prbly get to fighting.

14. #14 Arteezy, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    No, it might force them out of office, but you can't force 100% participation. I certainly won't be participating willingly and even I'm forced to participate, I surely wouldn't do anything meaningful for them.

In this case that you outlined, congressmen and congresswomen without male offspring of serving age would be at a considerable advantage along with the congressmen and congresswomen who had sons/daughters who have served or are serving.

Or they'll keep their current policy that has worked very well for them for the last 35 years.

15. Believe me when I say that the US Military has an abundance of recruits, to the point where getting in can take several months.

16. #16 dudedude4, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    They don't need to draft. They can just keep millions of us poor so we won't have any other choice or know better, as has been going on.

edit- just to be clear i dont mean to slander the military or soldiers. I think the military a very necessary limb of any community for obvious reasons.

17. i already have an escape route to canada mapped out. :D

18. A Draft?

Can I bring my weed?

19. I know in vietnam they made their guns into bongs lol^^