Dr. T's 3000W Bubble Buckets w/ ScrOG

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DrTrichome, May 10, 2011.

1. Okay I got the 3rd ballast up and running and things are going well in the garden. I have the ac going and it keeps my temps at about 77-78 with all of the lights on. A lot of heat is building up from the ballasts which is adding to the room temp so I will most likely add a little 4" fan in the closet with the ballasts to exhaust that space and keep the room even cooler.

I was getting a little calcium deficiency on the plants so I added some Cal-Mag to the solution and they already are responding well to it. I will post some pics later this evening when I get home...

Peace

2. this is looking really good, right now Im just top feeding soil but I hope to eventually move to bubble buckets, I heard its a lot more risky because soil is a lot more forgiving.

3. I feel bubble buckets are great and are also quite forgiving so long as all your necessary minerals are in solution. The plants seem to take what they need so overfeeding is usually not an issue. When dialed-in, they will take equal nutrient and water leaving pH and TDS stable for long periods of time.

4. Here are some shots from this evening, day 7 of veg...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new AC
    [​IMG]

5. Looking very good. Are you going to train at all

6. Setup is so clean! Looking stellar!

7. Thanks bud! Yeah I plan to put a screen above the plants right after I switch to 12/12 photoperiod for training/support.

Thanks!

8. The last shot looks nice and branchy. This is gonna be a show!!

9. Update: Day 16 Veg...

Hey buds, here are some pics of the ladies day 16 of 18/6 lighting. I flipped the lights to 12/12 on this day so it's time to start flowering! I guess I better get that screen up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few with the lights off...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hydro grows sooo fast!!

Your rockin it :metal:

11. Looks great bro

12. Here are some shots of the other plants I have growing at my shop:

Pink Guava:
    [​IMG]

Himalayan Raspberry:
    [​IMG]

Golden Elderberry:
    [​IMG]

Giant Fruited Jelly Palm:
    [​IMG]

Brazilian Miniature Cherry:
    [​IMG]

Chilean Wine Palm:
    [​IMG]

Tarragon:
    [​IMG]

Spanish Lilies:
    [​IMG]

Dwarf Pineapple:
    [​IMG]

A bunch of different tomato varieties:
    [​IMG]

The Propagation Station (filled with tomato cuts now)
    [​IMG]

The bulk of the stuff is growing in an ebb and gro system. Both palms and the pineapple are sharing their bucket with sugar snap peas which fix nitrogen into the system.

13. :eek: Look at all those nutes on the shelf in the last pic!!!

:poke: Care to share :p

Growing great dude! Lets see the Ganja!

14. I take it you have a store?

15. Awesome Doc, simply awesome! Much respect to what you do!

16. just stumbled across ur thread and so far very impressd ur setup is like a dream bro! i'll be watchin this out :) love the lil dwarf pineapple plant lol good luck

17. Thanks bud!

Thanks! Glad to have ya here bud. I will try to shoot some pics of the wush plants later this evening when I get home. They have been on 12/12 for a week now and are looking quite well!

18. another clean setup by the Dr. :smoke:
    Looks like i got here just in time for the real show.
    Are you still scrog'ing them?

19. Hey bud you made it just in time for the fun part! I have been contemplating not putting a screen up but then again I usually kick myself in the ass when I don't. I will probably put something up to support the branches and perhaps some mild training at the least...

20. I have moved away from screen in favor if wire and pipe cleaners. Although have though of using my screen frames as a mounting point. My upcoming vert setup will use a screen but it is more for a place to tie back the plants. The screen I have found can work against you if you try to make to thick of a canopy.