Dr. Suess a philosophical genius?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by smokin-n-tokin, Sep 24, 2009.

1. From "every person is a person, no matter how small", to "those who mind don't matter, those you matter don't mind", Dr. Suess, known as a childrens author, speaks to people of all ages conveying messages applicable to all aspects of life and humanity.

2. this is pretty good, he's teaching childern like basics of philosophy. sort of like Sophie's World. I don't know if you've read that, it's a really good book.

3. Dr. Seuss is classic because of those aspects and more. I don't have any kids yet, but my brothers n sisters do, and I've made sure they all are introduced to Dr. Seuss.

4. Holy crap, I've been reading some Dr. Seuss quotes and they are amazing. They are so simple and easy to read but yet they are so in-depth with life its just WEIRD!!!! I love it though. :hello::hello::hello::wave::wave::wave:

5. Dr. Seuss is the fucking man. I'm pretty sure he did a lot of mushrooms when he wrote his books.

6. I wouldn't doubt it in the least, hehe:D

I read every one of Dr.Seuss's books when I was little, they were some of the first books i was introduced to, my earliest reading memory is Green Eggs and Ham.:p

7. I believe he did do a fair bit of lsd. no source to prove that though.

Green eggs and ham was written on some challange from one of his friends to write a book using only 50 words...he won,lol

8. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

-Dr. Seuss

9. Maybe 'Green Eggs and Ham' is about weed; Sam likes green eggs and ham while this father figure doesn't. If I remember correctly he ended up eating green eggs and ham and enjoyed it :smoking:

10. Fucking fun reading his books when your baked.

11. I love Dr Seuss :D

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. ~Dr. Seuss

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
    ~Dr. Seuss

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
    ~Dr. Seuss

So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
    ~Dr. Seuss

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
    ~Dr. Seuss

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
    ~Dr. Seuss

12. i read Sophie's World, and i thought it was great! :hello:

but yes, i think it's great for young children to read Dr Seuss. he was truly a brilliant man. was he behing Horton Hears A Who? i love the concept behind that movie, and enjoyed watching it with my younger siblings.

13. Some of those quotes struck a real chord with me :smoking:

14. “How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”

I want these to be my last words.

15. Yeah....me too

Some people think Dr Seuss just wrote children's books...he's done so much more than that...

A very wise soul, indeed

:)

16. Dr. Seuss is the shit. :D