Dr. Ron Paul- presidential canidate.

Discussion in 'General' started by dbpwattack, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I'm wondering what the rest of the community thinks of him. Ron Paul is the republican out of Texas running for president. He wants to abolish the IRS, end the Federal Reserve system, reinstate the consitution, and the only canidate who understands how far in debt this country is- $8,892,000,000,000 and going back to a non-intervention foreign policy. He's been around in politics as this is his 10th term elected and never votes on a bill if it can't be cited in the consitution. Founding Father Material. Here is a short video which will give you a synopsis of him http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Definately worth watching if you care about saving this country.

2. i think that is 8 trillion though...

3. Sounds like an alright Republican canidate.

4. No way. Republican?

Wow. just... Wow.

5. So wait, here's what I'm hearing..

You need more Kubby.

6. He has my full support currently. He is the only candidate out there who wouldn't eat his own shit and call it a steak. The man knows what he is talking about and has amazing plans for this country.

And he's a Texan

7. He also wants to legalize marijuana, doesn't sound like a bad guy in my books, too bad he doesn't have a big name like Clinton and Obama.

8. he also wants to get rid of the CIA.. i dont know if thats such a good idea.. but other then that, this guy is pretty awesome... too bad the media hates him

9. it's true he wants to end the war on drugs. But who cares if he doesn't have a big name it's up to us as citizens to get his name out! This election is probably the most pivotal election in all of history for the US.

10. Are you going to start campaigning for him?

11. we need to get his name out

Unfortunately most people are too lazy to register to vote.

I am registered to vote, I wonder how many other blades out there are

12. This guy has a great vision and great ideas. I saw him on the Bill Maher show recently and he killed. I believe Paul was a member of the Libertarian Party but switched because of their stance on amnesty. The problem with him is there is a 0.01% chance this guy will get elected much less win the Republican nomination. He just makes too much sense to be in charge of the United States of America.

13. After George, I think a deaf, dumb and blind buffoon would run the country better.

I wish a smart man would get into office

14. <table width=65%><caption>Diageo/Hotline Poll conducted by Financial Dynamics. May 16-20, 2007. N=196 Republican primary voters nationwide.</caption><tr> <td><blockquote cite="http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm">http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm
    "if the 2008 Republican presidential primary were held today, whom would you support if the candidates were [see below]?" If "All": "If you absolutely had to choose, which one person would you support?"
    (Names rotated)

Rudy Giuliani \t 26% \t \t \t \t
    \tJohn McCain \t17% \t \t \t \t
    \tNewt Gingrich \t10% \t \t \t \t
    \tFred Thompson \t9% \t \t \t \t
    \tMitt Romney \t8% \t \t \t \t
    \tSam Brownback \t2% \t \t \t \t
    \tMike Huckabee \t2% \t \t \t \t
    \tTom Tancredo \t2% \t \t \t \t
    \tJim Gilmore \t1% \t \t \t \t
    \tDuncan Hunter \t1% \t \t \t \t
    \tRon Paul \t1% (our boy Ron Paul)\t \t \t \t
    \tTommy Thompson \t1% \t \t \t \t
    \tOther (vol.) \t1% \t \t \t \t
    \tNone of these (vol.) \t2 \t \t \t \t
    \tUnsure \t18%</blockquote></tr></td></table>
    I think he needs some good advertising. I do not think a vote would be enough, you have to take his message to the masses, get involved on a local level, and convince others to do the same. Good luck! :D

15. screeeewww Giuliani man..

16. I personally think Giuliani is a big ball of fuck. I can see him turning America into a police state. But, he was the mayor of New York during 9/11. Just ask him, he'll tell you. Come to think of it, I think all of those candidates are big balls of fuck with the exception of Paul. Watching those republican debates were hysterical.

I think I like Bill Richardson (D) a lot from New Mexico but I'm completely not sure yet. Sadly I don't think he's electable.

17. People think propaganda has little sway over the choices they make. No one will vote for the guy talking sense. They want appeals to emotion and to feel good about themselves. Propaganda, should be illegal, but more importantly people should actually care and be able to recognize it. There is something in society. Something that should help people to think. I think we used to call it education...

18. And he's gunna use 9/11 to his full advantage, but i believe 9/11 was a government job and he knew what was going on

He's not getting my vote, no way in hell :mad:

19. then get OFF your lazy ass and vote Jolly :p

I saw this guy on Bill Maher's show, sounded kind of kooky on their, but made some good points. I'm still unsure where my votes going though.

20. I AM registered to vote sorry I worded that wrong, I have my "I voted" sticker on my rearview mirror!