Dr. patient confidentiality broken? Dr. told about cannabis use and told court

Discussion in 'General' started by Crawfordthedank, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't believe your friends doctor breached the agreement, considering marijuana was potentially the root of his domestic violence charge. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physician-patient_privilege )

But really. You're asking a bunch of stoners about legal advice, and then you whine about the responses you get. Contact a lawyer for fucks sake.

There were some ill educated/ignorant posts, so I had to correct them. Your probably right though. 

3. I dont care what anybody thinks they know. My wife is a nurse. Ive seen dr/patient confidentiality broken more and more the last two years.

I posted some really crazy shit about what shes witnessed/told me and people called me a liar. Whatever. I must be a conspiracy nut since i have first hand knowledge/actual experience with the bill of rights being trampled.

The president has signed some executive orders to make it possible for doctors to breach confidentiality much easier, by bypassing hipaa.(however you spell it)

Just google dr patient confidentiality breaches and you can be educated.

Im not trying to stir the pot or get extreme but i tell all my friends not to tell their doctors they smoke.

Last week a friend of mine told his eye doctor he smokes and is legal. The dr reported him and cut him from his eye medication. He said now they treat him like shit, so he went to get a refund. The dr looked out, saw who it was and refused to sign the refund for two hours to make him wait there and suffer. Said they havenet treated him right since he was "honest."

Imo, its none of their fucking business what yo do. Dont tell them shit. They dont get a consigment check unless theyre writing you scripts. Weed puts no money in their (doctors) pockets.

4. Yeah - we really need to get the govt even more involved in our lives. Maybe one day some dipshit federal agent can report to his dick sucking boss that I have been observed to sometimes use more toilet paper than the national average and therefor represent a threat to the environmental sustainability of the nation.

5. how does one "come down" with schizophrenia?

it must be the period of time between sperm meeting egg and being born....as your brain is formed, something goes wrong, it isn't wired right...you are born with it... :confused_2:

7. or maybe he means "diagnosed with"

8. Or perhaps his schitzophrenia started recently, as it does in many young adults.

**shrugs**

your guess is as good as anyones.

oh you mean it is triggered by the heightened emotional state induced by a massive flood of hormones due to PUBERTY?

Yeah it only started to show like a year and a half a go. He was normal all through high school, then there was for sure a difference in his thinking pattern but know he's back to himself with the meds which is a good thing. 

11. I've worked in several jobs with paranoid schizophrenic coworkers. I got stuck with them because, probably, I'm easy going. Well, there were always problems and one crazy guy quit because I had enough of his bullshit, and said something he didn't like which he construed as a threat.

The problem is, a great number of them refuse to take their medication because they do not like the way it makes them feel. Those who are unmanageable need to be in a humane, safe, modern facility where they can be cared for.

It's easy to say that they should all be free, but try interacting with some of them on a daily basis, and you'll soon find out what it's like.

12. No, you need to read up on schitzophrenia.

It presents itself in some people as late as early 30s, well past puberty.

13. I didnt read it cause Im lazy but i read some and ill just say a doctor can break it legally if a patient is endangering themself.

14. Demands an answer to his medical question. Entirely ignores the answers given by the paramedic.  :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but good luck to your boy.

15. Bro take this from someone who knows a. Lot about this kind of stuff ,cannabis can definitely trigger and even make psychosis way worse than it has ever been.

16. #37 Crawfordthedank, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014

If your off meds it can. Really, I never notice a difference when my friend smokes and when he is sober other than just stoner shit. The meds help and cannabis isn't a trigger, yet it can make things worse if your in a state of psychosis. However if meds are properly administered there should be no psychosis. 

If anything he's gotten much better since smoking and I'm being dead serious. I used to think ganja would be bad. 

17. Lol- what's good, nyugga? what's REALLY good?!

Attached Files:

18. I have a friend that has severe bipolar/schizophrenia he smokes all the time says it keeps his mind clear and thinking positively from all the stuff and I mean this kid is 20 and was scared to go to sleep because he would have horrible dreams of him getting killed. He did have a terrible childhood lots of abuse and really messed up things they say is the cause of it. But now that I think about it, he started developing it after he started smoking heavily.

19. Op you sound like a friend I have that refuses to wear seatbelts in a car. See he had a friend that was in a bad accident and was thrown from the car because he was not wearing his seatbelt. Well the car was crushed and had his friend been strapped in the car there would have been no way he would have lived.

See what I'm trying to say here? Just because someone does something wreckless and it turns out OK it doesn't mean it still wasn't the wrong thing to do. There are exceptions to every rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.