Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Update: The bud went into rubbermaid tub to slw the dry dwn..daily burp of tub for a wk then into the jars..thats when i'll weigh it..temps have been very hot but the SA is handling heat very well..temps been between 80-105 days then gets dwn t o 67 at nite..i've been wtrng every other day..this morn i LST"d the Kyrptos using my plntscapers to bend the plnt dwn and strtch them out..let the lower branches develop a little bit so i can take cuts..i tp the yrd plnts finally and shifted soil to fill the holes left..to frnt dr plnts tp'd 003.JPG frnt dr plnts tp'd 004.JPG frnt dr plnts tp'd 002.JPG harvest to rubbermaid 001.JPG morrow its time to do some IPM

• Like Like x 2
  2. Update:The Kyrptos got LST'd this morn using the plntscapers..got the cloner ready to take cuts from them this wk cloner ready  fr kyrpto cuts 001.JPG kyrpts n stls 004.JPG kyrpts n stls 005.JPG

3. Update: Did a weigh out of the GS..got a little more than 4oz..cleaned up ugily cab and fogged it dwn so it can be ready when needed GS weigh out- clean up 001.JPG GS weigh out- clean up 002.JPG

4. Update: took cuts from the kyrptos and put them in the cloner..looks good so far cuts go into cloner 003.JPG

5. Update: The SA is lookin well..the GS are all starting to get dense with bud and have stopped trying to push up against the shade cloth..the 3.5 gal size seems its going to be just enough to make it another 29 days aprox..the kyrptos are flwrng nicely and no tellin when they'll be ready..its a very tight squeeze gettin in and out for now..once the GS get harvested the kyrptos will be moved to their spot..the cuts i took frm the kyrptos are doing well but only one has a rootlet so far..i dug up the cactus weeds had taken over..filled the hole and cvrd with gravel put container plnts on top fogging and yrd finished 002.JPG fogging and yrd finished 003.JPG fogging and yrd finished 004.JPG fogging and yrd finished 005.JPG fogging and yrd finished 006.JPG 3rd day in the cloner 002.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Update:.i've been wrkng in the yrd and got mulch dwn and vinca tp'd into the hanging plntrs..more mulching and weeding this wknd mulch laid dwn-vinca tp'd 001.JPG mulch laid dwn-vinca tp'd 002.JPG mulch laid dwn-vinca tp'd 003.JPG mulch laid dwn-vinca tp'd 005.JPG mulch laid dwn-vinca tp'd 006.JPG

7. the dual inline valve arrived frm china and the threads for the 1/2'' nipples fit dual inline valve 001.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Update: Went to grw ptnrs to get cuts frm the kyrptos i gave her..decided not to cause her plnts are stunted from the time they got burned by ionizer..the 5 i have are going to be it for the nxt wave..three have great roots the other two are slowly developing..may have to do with placement in the cloner idk..4 for soil 1 for hhydro is the plan..two in the window destined to go outdrs at 20''..two for ugly cab using screens..one for cab #1 that is the upgraded hydro rig..the soil tp's i'll do in the nxt day or so..put the soil'ers under the 48x3w and keep the hydro canidate in the cloner..i need to get the nu hydro rig set up and ready for when the ambients drp below 80 hopefully by the end of the mo wtr filter 002.JPG wtr filter 003.JPG stunted kyeptos 011.JPG

9. Have to wonder if your gift from the midnight dumper might be even more beneficial to the micro herd than EWC.

10. Humanure!!! not in my grw!! my immune systm isn't all that good

• Like Like x 2
  11. Busy man Doc, but the grow looks splendifilous! Those Kryptos are stacking nice!

These ladies must be getting around 40 days, or close to it. Some autos I have sitting in my living room on display. They're fair weather and only come out when the weather is supreme, lol... These are in organic soil, the last two were in promix and fed hydro nutes, so these are a bit smaller, but lovely none the less!
    [​IMG]

CandyCane from CropKings

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Update: The kyrptos fm cloner went into soil in 1/2 gal smarties..left the best plnt in the cloner..gonna switch the deck and put it in bigger net bskt ..gotta start getting to wrk on cab 1..the liner for res arrived and its a perfect fit now i gotta sit dwn and plan how to run hoses and lines..to do that i gotta plan pump location..just real small detail stuff but it all counts in hydro especially with this rig..don't want my stuff gettin funky like the olympic diving pool..thass nasty lookin..i'm using my small MARS-HYDRO 48x3w lite..i understand these now are only avail in 5w..my two units in cab 1 are 5w and they put out much more heat imo..i prefer the 3w kyrpto clones 004.JPG kyrpto clones 001.JPG kyrpto clones 003.JPG liner and res 001.JPG liner and res 003.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. added more shade cloth 002.JPG update: clones are lookin good except for one soil plnt..added more shade cloth to the SA added more shade cloth 001.JPG added more shade cloth 006.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Update:The build is comin along a little slow but i'm gettin it right.by takin my time and as inspiration hits me..ran a temp test with the pop top oopen..it was a fail..it let entirely too much heat into the rm..thats going to be good come winter but for now with rm temps at 82-85 with no gear runnin its not going to wrk..i redid the pwr brd a bit to get it neater..painted the deck in gloss.its comin together..i'm playin with canted lites again ..i spent the money on them and i'd like them to wrk as envisioned..5w diodes put out lotta heat on these units..the 96x3w runs cooler for this cab..everything is modular so i can switch out in a min..the clones are all thriving so i need to get busy..the nxt tp for soil is into 3 gal smarties..hoping it'll be cooler by then so i can do two in the hall and two indrs one lite ea..the outdr GS i'm hoping to harvest end of mo looks good ..i took a lower branch to dry and sample idk maybe sept instead? the indr GS i'm smokin now definitely got harvested a little to early and has no punch..i roll two at a time tto get where i like to be..so i wanna not go too early on the outdr but at the same time i don't want re-veg either..13 more days mmore cab 003.JPG mmore cab 002.JPG mmore cab 004.JPG mmore cab 005.JPG

15. even more cab 003.JPG even more cab 005.JPG Update: Tllk'd to the GS breeder and he says the window is 7-10 wks..mine went out 5-18 and second wave 6-20 so thats 12 and 10 wks..looks like i will harvest sun..and then again at end of mo..thass good cause i'm dwn to two jars of bud frm the last harvest

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blue Berry and Train Wreck chopped and hung.. Got my eye on a couple more I'll get to in the next day or two..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. luv tthe fruits of our labor

18. Update:Harvested the two big GS this am..the 3.5 ers weren't ready..looks like another 3wks are needed..i moved them into the space the big GS had and the kyptos into their old spots..lot more rm to wrk in the SA now..think i did well with the harvested pair..definitely my IPM is wrkin..i could see where a leaf got chomped and given up on..bitter fruit!..everything got trimmed and hung..3 bwls wrth ..another 4 oz ? we'll see at weigh ou t..Kyrpto clones are doing just great..the wtrbaby went into her nu diggs..all systms are running well so far..the temps have come dwn in my area into the high 70's.. harvest morn..wtrbaby tp 003.JPG harvest morn..wtrbaby tp 004.JPG harvest morn..wtrbaby tp 006.JPG harvest morn..wtrbaby tp 007.JPG harvest morn..wtrbaby tp 008.JPG harvest trimmed 001.JPG harvest trimmed 002.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Update: Harve trim n weigh out 4 oz 002.JPG mb'd-foggd 001.JPG mb'd-foggd 003.JPG mb'd-foggd 004.JPG mb'd-foggd 005.JPG SA get s MB rw6 008.JPG SA get s MB rw6 010.JPG sted bud was dried and processed got 4 oz of prime bud..this bud is much better than the previous harvest of the indr plnts of same strain..its now obvious the indr needed another 3 wks..Kyrptos all got tp'd..two kept under led two to the windows..wtrbaby got fresh nutes using wave maker to mix the soup..pump to pump out res..external pump to fill the res..extremely clean and efficient..i used to go days past sched res chng because it was PIA now its fun..no more damm pump stick, inadequate bubbler mixing,..outdrs is doing just great now that the plnts have more rm

• Like Like x 1
  20. Update: The SA has 21 more days to go till harvest..i'm going to harvest it all as i think they're cycles are synch'd up..i took the shade cloth dwn so they can get more sun and ripen up..they look and feel great..the soil they're in is needed fr the nxt in coming wave..gonna be using 14 gal jugs and solar leds to keep them in veg..more on that another time..the Kyrptos are finally starting to put out 6 finger leafs so they're in full veg..they're very robust..wtrbaby is doing just great in her diggs..temps are rock steady and the cooling systm rarely has to turn on..the cooler liner is wrkin super well..i'm blinded by the science of it..i ordered another liner and will build another rig for ugly cab..how can i not when i have all the parts waiting to be utilized..the liner should get here end of the mo..the last wk of this mo and first wk of nxt mo are going to be busy..harvest..recycle soil, clean out SA and place jugs, do tp's in place, place solar thru out yrd to offset shine of solars in the SA..for now all i'm doing is wtrng and IPM lookin good 001.JPG lookin good 002.JPG lookin good 003.JPG lookin good 004.JPG two days with no shade clth 001.JPG