Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Will wire hurt the plants? :confused_2:

Cheers! :bongin:

2. I don't think wire will hurt the plnts...famous last words?! lol!

3. G'day to all..Update on the two that have popped ..one went into rk wl cube yesterday too soon to expect anything..the one in dirt has leverd it's self above surface and seems to be displayng some good vigor..i'm not doing anything..temps are ideal in there and i turn on fan couple times a day to vent it..not going to ovrwtr or place too close to fluros..i'm just letting it go

Attached Files:

4. #4 GGA up in 96hrs. 1 to go.

5. My most famous famous last words are "watch this"

I've got 2 of 3 OG Kush up, the last I'm worried about but I'm giving it longer than usual because I over-dried the seeds. I had read that the dryer the better for storage. Not true, as it turns out. I think it's been 5 days and this is longer than usual.

6. Congrats on popping some seeds Mengle!! Hopefully we'll see some sprouts soon ;)

7. Not sure if you have one or not, but I seal my seeds in a vacuum sealed pack when I cannot get to them for a while...
    Then I simply toss that in the bottom of my cigar humidor.. :D

I've keep seeds for years like that and everyone of them popped by time I did get to them... ;)

:wave:

8. Ill be watching this one, been hearing the buzz about this company and Im excited to see what they can do

9. G'day to all.. Houston we have ignition and have cleared the gantry tower..lol! The two seeds have taken a strong hold on their mediums and are showing their stuff ..
    The one in the dirt cube is a beast..it is exhibiting extreme vigor ..this pic is 24hrs after the other previous post and everytime i go in to use the bthrm it looks different..as i write this it looks drastically different from when i took the pic this morn..i'll get another pic up tomorrow so you can see the difference even with my crap camera...

The one in rk wl i thought was dud so had a little look see..it had a big tap root but was trying to grow against the grain rather than up and out so i just opened the grain a bit and within 4 hrs it had grown above the deck ..i started this seed about 48 hrs behind the other ..it's not extreme as the other but catching up nicely..

From my observation and past experience i'm thinking the beast will be male and the other female..i say that because of the root development i saw..females like to do serious roots before they show up top development in my experience..but i'm not used to quality seeds..

I will treat these on the timing when to step up illumination according to JJ timeline in reloaded..the sprouts are lively!

The carpenter came over and took measurements for two more scrogs..no problem now that i can use the other as prototype to explain what i'm envisioning in term of space usage..the new ones will be 1''x1'' perimeter with the same 2'' squares for mesh..

I showed him the ''Bonesaw's how to light proof a door" tutorial but nothing can be done until i figure if my current dwc tote can fit in the space..can't do any sizing till harvest in about 8 days..i think it's over 1/2''-1'' too deep but i just can't tell till i actually place it in there..

I talked myself out of using a mini rolling rack after discussion with carpenter..just too complex for really no good reason other than the cool factor..the light proof door is going to be very tricky but i have a plan

My next order from amazon is GH nute line and MH bulbs to get this thing into 2nd gear..i'm still agonizing about controllers and decided not to sell the evc-1 ..like anyone wanted it on amazon..and maybe just use it in conjunction with a drt-1 recyling unit...still long way to go on figuring that all out

Talked to Reggie about my 2 for 13 germ rate and learned a couple very important things. Presoak is bad for indica strains and really that is only for hybrds..warmth is also important in terms of consistent heat not over the 80's..wet paper twls but not soaked..did that with the two and it worked in my incubator..so info overload on my part trying different stuff that i learn here trying to apply it and trying too hard as Ilakuf pointed out..

Reggie is kindly sending me a replacement pk and i will follow his germ instructions EXACTLY as that's what worked wit the two that are now blowing up the k-haus ..lol! thanx again Reggie

Attached Files:

10. Dr. Looked in this morning and gga#1 and gga#2 have just broken soil. Still waiting on #5 to crack.

11. And what "buzz" is that :confused_2:, I'd really like to know, cause I'm looking at a 15.38% success rate from Dr. Mengle's seed pack....
    Then a simple presoak is blamed... :confused:

I just find it funny how breeders ALWAYS blame failure rates on the end user...
    Can see maybe 1, or 2, or even 3, maybe even 4, but 11 seeds out of 13 did not pop, and it's the end user's fault??? ROFLMAO

So personally I'd LOVE to see or read this "buzz" you speak of........... ;)

:wave:

12. The buzz I was speaking of is this journal, DNorris's journal, and a lot of folks around here have ordered Oz's Hazardous Creation from them recently. I never said I was promoting the company or anything, I said I wanna see what their genetics can do.

13. JJ the buzz rddogg is talking about is on several threads i don't think you visit that i do and the pics are astounding as your pics are no disrespect..different crowd over there ..people getting key punched and stuff..lol! but genetics are SSS and IRG on those threads..

JJ the breeder didn't blame me I blame ME! or to quote you '' do you know who you're talkin to?"..why do you think i call myself Dr. Mengle..i learn thru failure..stuff dies on me as i learn.. now that i got it my next germs will be the real % to figure on..

pic of the two this morn..beauty & the Beast

Attached Files:

14. I was not trying to bust your chops, I was just wondering where the "buzz" was....
    I do not get out much and the ONLY time I venture outside my space is when someone asks for me to help...

Sorry, I just having a VERY BAD morning and just KNEW I do NOT need to post when I'm having a bad day... lol
    Sorry again and I was really not trying to bust anyone's chops here.....

You know me, I'm simply an umpire in life, if it's a strike, I call a strike, if it's a ball, then guess what I'm going to call out... ;)

BUT how ironic is this Doc.....
    Google "Hazardous Creation"................................

Tell me what the 3rd listing is................................... :D
    Cause I see the 3rd listing as wikipedia "Hydrogen peroxide" :eek:

How fucking funny is that after what you have seen me post..... :wave:

15. Oh and I apologize roaddog420, I did not mean to come off as a dick...
    Which I see now that's how I came off as in my post....

Sorry, please forgive :eek:

16. Nobody told me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

17. Well you did come off as a dick;)
    but I forgive you :D
    I was thinking about coming back at you all nasty like but I got stoned instead:smoking:
    Its all good buddy

18. What's even wackier..google Southern Star Seeds and there WE are JJ..we are part of ''the buzz''..lol! i know you don't get out much but believe me around the village you are legendary and when you're MIA we all get concerned and blow your thread up speculating on your wellfare.. you weren't busting chops just bluntly stating facts and i like that..this thread ain't all pc like Altered Logic where you can't say " you need to''in expressing yourself ..we stick and move here very similar to duck and weave..lol!

19. Treat it like boxing, Stick and Move.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvL4O3uomg]Gimme The Loot - Biggie (Original Version) - YouTube[/ame]

20. Thass the updated version of Muhuhamid Ali float like a butterfly sting like a bee or stick and move...i guess the message doesn't change only the medium..thanx for that Oz