Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Do you live in a pot wonderland? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Update: Today is day 20 since the crew germ'd and went in cubes..not bad considering lo temps..my pwr bill might seem lo to some but its not if your income is limited..chk'd the outdr lites and thhey didn't come on when neighbor dwn stairs didn't lv his out dr security lite on so i guess they're on his bill....my security lite left on at nite will double as added light to extend vveg hrs once they get bigger and nite temps are warmer..the next step is once i get them to the size i want aprox 20'' inducing flwr by putting them in drkness 12 hrs a day..thats the tricky part...i can set up ugly cab as drk rm with only exhaust and intake fans on timer no lite..the PIA prt is you have to move the plnts twice a day in and out..thinkin i'm going to make ramp for frnt dr for my garden cart so i can quickly roll them in and out with minimum effort..the ones in the 13 gal jugs will get rolled into the utiliy cab nitely..gonna have to get busy building soil nxt two wks..if i want to be ready for third round of tp's..i'll use plnts  day 15 001.JPG the soil i brought with me for 2nd rnd of tp's..

• Like Like x 10
  3. [​IMG]
    Only lost one in the transition from cloner to 3 inch cups.. Not looking to bad for as much as I've been gone..
    BNW

• Like Like x 6
  4. Hella good idea Dr.. It really gets bad when you have to lug 10's in and out. The leave it on the cart stage helps the situation a bunch. A ramp is a great plan!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Update..I've been wrkin on small details to get this grw prepared..did weather stripping around big draft on frnt dr..towel for bd rm dr,,opened up ac/heater ..the filter was caked with dust and grease ..washed it out..ordred hrd plastic insulated cover for it..i won't be running it and too much cold air comes thru it when not being used..cleaned the deck and stowed.things on whls..i have to build a gate with no hinnges for the stairs and put motion detecors up..don't want people just wandering up here like johovahs witnesses uninvited wek on deck 004.JPG wek on deck 005.JPG wek on deck 006.JPG diy morn 002.JPG diy morn 004.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  6. Man that ting was dirty.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fkn nasty. Whoever lived there b4 wasn't hygienic.

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 2
  8. former tennant was military and evidently a pig..left about 5 gals used motor oil dwn stairs, broke the towel rack,did cheesey caulking on toilet to hide a leak,left a filthy a/c-heater, backed up sink and plugged garbage disposal..then there was a film of grease over all the cabinets i had to clean off..he broke slats on the blinds so i had to replace them with curtains..lndldy never did inspection before giving deposit bk to the guy

• Like Like x 3
  9. Your landlady was a dumbass then. She coulda kept it n at least made n effort to make it nicer for u to move in damn.

Have a goodfriend in AZ that has 16 properties and half are section 8. I use to help him get the places ready for the next tenants. I can't believe the way some people live.

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 7
  10. Lndldy lives 175 mi away and doesn't wanna drive up here..the place was cleaned by a service that does move outs former tennant hired is my guess..carpets were cleaned and it wasn't ''trashy''..if you're a grwer you want a landlord who nvr comes around..takes their money and don't ask questions..i may see this lndlrd once a yr if that..i like that

• Like Like x 7
  11. Update; Cover for the ac/heater arrived..fit snug enoough for friction fit for now..no drafts in living rm and it wasn't fridgid when i got up this morn..took cvr off ran heater for 10 mins turned it off and cvr'd it bk up..rest of day i'll only use small flr heater intermitently..hoping this will help keep the pwr bill on an even keel so 7 hrs led use will balance out in the long run..my small flr htr no longer will oscillate but wrks adequately..thinking its time for a nu one this time with remote cntrl relegate the old one to bed rm for those chilly morns..plnts are taking well to the temps in the bth rm during the nite..hopefully soon they'll be able to be left out all night under the security lite and remain in veg acheater cvr 002.JPG acheater cvr 001.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  12. I'm with you on that Heavn. My grandma had properties too. She had a cabin in pine cove, idyllwild. The inside was entirely knotty pine, and the tenets painted it fucking black. They chopped down, that's right chopped with an axe, the basketball hoop, took the upright, made an upside down cross and put it by the mailbox, took the backboard and cut swords out of it and put them in the 4 corners of the living room. Crazy!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I did a power chk to see whos payin for what..turned my meter off and chk'd what didn't come on..the two lites in the car port that stay on all nite are on my meter!! my neighbor goes off and leaves it on days at a time! that ends tonite no wonder my bill is so high

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dirty rats... by design I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Why they aren't on a timer and motion detector is odd. That would save tons of money yet still provide safety and light.

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 3
  16. Update; Got dwn to dusk bulbs that turn on/off automatically for neighbor so the security lites on his meter don't stay on all the time..lndldy will pay for them $10.99 ea at HD..got one for my security lite too..tlk'd to grw ptnr and she chopped 5 plnts on the 18th and hung them says she'll cut the last 4 nxt wk..i'll go dwn there first wk in feb for the trim and weigh out..bring bk s aftr wind blown 001.JPG aftr wind blown 002.JPG aftr wind blown 003.JPG ome of the used soil in bkts and the rain barrel..stop at hydro stor and stock up on amendments..the plnts are doing just great under the sun and led regimine..i've strt'd bottom watering so roots are stimulated for coming tp's first wk of feb..the sun with breeze is really makin them sturdy with not too much stretch

• Like Like x 9
  17. Your girls are looking good.

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 3
  18. Coming out nice Doc.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nice work Doc!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nice done Dr.
    Look at the pot that you put all plants in, it is really like a cradle, and the plants are the babies haha

• Like Like x 1