Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

1. TY Major

• Like Like x 4
  2. Update; all the kyrptos are now firmly sexed and halo'd..the window sill plnt was tp'd and turned out to be fem..they look great and i'll be takin cuts for clones this wk.the SK's are flwrng strong and i hv them on 4;30am -4;30 pm light dep sched..i got the screen up ystrday and it'll support itself in a L shape..so light dep the three SK's till hrvst..then strt lite dep on the kryptos 000_9090.JPG 000_9092.JPG 000_9074.JPG 000_9073.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Update; defo'd the flwrng SK's for better lite penetration and ventilation..the one is very close to being finished..tomorrow i defo the kyrptos and take cuts for the cloner..gonna nd to boil some airstones..S hooks should arrive tomorrow..15pk..temps only got to 99 today 000_9118.JPG 000_9119.JPG 000_9120.JPG 000_9121.JPG 000_9122.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thriving in the desert.

• Like Like x 2

5. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. 000_9144.JPG 000_9143.JPG 000_9141.JPG Update: took cuts frm the Kryptos..it was a big fail! they din't last 24 hrs..i'll try again..did more defo on the SK's and chk'd bud under scope..bulbous heads and cloudy, some red hairs..temps are 108f in the shade so thass it there'll be no more progress..no amber..it'll still be very gd pot and a gd yeild

• Like Like x 2
  7. the failed 000_9142.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've more failure than fortune

• Like Like x 2
  9. I never could get clones to take without a dome over them. Hundreds of dead cuts finally convinced me.
    Now it's rare I don't get them all to hit.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  10. update; hrvst'd the SK's.. hung for 2.5 days after washing..trimmed up and in jars..i hvn't weighed it but its a lotta bud..4 lrg mason jars and a medium one..jury still out on the quality but first impression is its couchlk level..i'll take it..bag appeal is not all that but i stopped caring about that a long time ago..Papa would freak if he had to trim it to his specs..the haloes wrk'd well for a first go wit them..now i got the feel of it the nu crew is really gettin a gd s hookin wit it ..they should be ready erly sept 000_9153.JPG 000_9154.JPG 000_9155.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Update; i did defo on the kryptos and took cuts..the first rnd all died..2nd rnd is doing much better..the hrvst'd SK's are in the burpage stage..temps hv been 90-100+ so plnts are gettin 3-4 wtrng a day and are hndlng the heat very well..strtng aug 1 i may strt doing lite dep to keep them at 12hrs..they are flwrng but i wanna keep the size they're at..they can go another 5'' but thass it.. 000_9186.JPG 000_9187.JPG 000_9182.JPG 000_9184.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  13. Update; snapped a cpl necks agin this morn to maintain canopy ht..preparing nu deck for the clones 000_9238.JPG 000_9239.JPG 000_9240.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hello, very nice plants
    Can I ask how you kept them so short, mine are reaching for the sky more and more each day over 5ft tall and no flowers yet?

• Like Like x 1
  15. i'm using a combo of erly LST, S hooks, and a grw ring..i strt bending them erly and use the grw ring to anchor the S hooks to..go bk to post #903 to see how i did it

• Like Like x 2
  16. OK , Cool
    Thanks I see what you did there, used the wire circles to pull each branch down , did you have to pinch and snap (LST) any, or just pull them down slowly?

• Like Like x 1
  17. since i strt'd erly i could just slowly pull them dwn and s hook them to the ring..once they've reached the ht i want then i snap their necks to keep the ht even..i want even distribution of the auxins rather than them concentrating on the tallest branches..look up auxins and what they do..you want to incorporate the auxins to your benifit for dense thick bud imo.

• Like Like x 2
  18. btw it takes a long time to learn how to''snap necks'' and not hurt the plnt..you not really snapping their necks its just an expression..what you really doing is bending the branch frm vertical to horizontal using your thumb and forefinger as you slowly bend it over a minute you feel the sinews breaking slowly as it gives..most think you gonna snap it..take your time it'll bend ..however if you wait till its woody its too late you'll hurt the plnt

• Like Like x 3
  19. Use your thumb nail or pliers and make a 6 inch crush zone where you want the bend on older woody stems. This acts as strain relief so you don't "Snap" the stem. A snap will most likely kill that top. The crush zone lets fluids flow past the damage and the top will continue to grow on a horizontal angle. You'll still need to tie or weight it down as it will try and straighten back up if you don't.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OK I see, what if I were to top the plants prior to flower, would it be to much of a shock on them?
    I would like to take a foot off the whole top like one would with a hedge trimmer on their front yard bushes .
    Just shape them and put them into flower or do they need time to recover after topping?

• Like Like x 1