Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Update; Plnts are strting to show sex..all plnts in the alcove are fems..killed two males that were in one jug freeing it up to tp the small KO Kush frm hydro to soil..leaves the whole dwc for single KO..i'm bending the plnts using the hooks instead of the screen..i'm dwn to four cuts for clones 000_8465.JPG 000_8464.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your hydro plant is a beast! Do you have to light dep your plants or will they finish before that’s needed? I’m trying to figure this early season run out with photoperiods. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. for security reasons i hv to grw a fairly short plnt so i grw a bush rather than the x-mas tree shape..i used supplemental light for about 2wks then turned it off so that the plnts would flwr and shw sex..if you're doing clones like the big un they'll strt to flwr in a day or two so you gotta plan accordingly..end of mar at the latest the big un will be ready for hrvst,,,strt of mar cuts should be clones by then fully veg'd and ready to go outdrs and finish mid may..june-aug no outdr grw..too hot here in the desert..strt again in sept

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya i need to stay under the fence line for my own peace of mind. I threw some out that were started from seed and they showed sex, i was just making sure i wasnt gonaa have to light dep. So clones outside in March will be finished by May? I read Brass's guide. I just wanna ask cause its more than 12 outside from March til Fall. trying to figure the outdoor light cycle stuff. Im inland so we get the cooler night weather in winter so its not as favorable as you desert guys and those on the coast. thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jan 1st = Harvest, Take new cuts, Set out vegged plants.
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same
    Oct 15th = Same.

This gives the 3 off season sets a full 10 weeks to flower.
    June set gets the 2 extra veg months of June and July and they drop into flower in Early August.

Works well for most Indica and Hybrids. If I've got a heavy leaning Sativa it can run 13-15 weeks and those I find a more remote spot in the yard for where I can just let them run on as long as needed.
    As long as it doesn't heavy frost or freeze most strains will do OK in a So Cal winter.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. Thank you I told my buddies there’s a guy running all year, We just need a little extra weather protection. I was second guessing having these guys set all these plants out. I wasn’t sure with outside 12/12 in March. It will be nice to skip summer here and have an early harvest. Thanks for the great info. Next up hash caps... to the moon

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. Update: found and killed another male..had a rain strm last nite wit lots of wind..plnts were well braced so i belive they'll bounce bk wit the fabulous sun comin out..its why i moved here..in a bit i'm hang on the deck and read the paper..mello into the stupor bwl. 000_8478.JPG 000_8479.JPG 000_8480.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. Update: we been havin some cold nites..the first nite of this cold snap i missed cvring the plnts wit burlap and the frost got them..hydros aren't affected cause they got heaters in the res keepin the roots consistently wrm..the soil plnts are havin chilly roots and they do not like it..the shallow blue bkt warms up nicely but the jugs seem too deep to warm up..being careful not to wtr too much so it don't get cold and clammy for the roots..found and killed another male..thinkin the ko kush that got tp'd to soil isn't going to make it..if doesn't look better by wknd i'm chopping it..cuts are strtng to shw rootlets 000_8500.JPG 000_8501.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. So my main fan died. Told hubby get me a new one but I want it to be a bit stronger. Lol he so funny. IMG_20190211_171756.jpg

Sent on my pet rock using my upgraded sling shot!

• Like Like x 3
  10. End of last nights storm was warm and wet then it cleared up and the temp plunged and it's like a giant block of Ice outside. Couldn't even stomp a footprint into it. Slicker then greased snot out there. Damn near fell on my ass in just 2 steps.
    Sun is out but not making a dent in it yet. I can see a few cars crawling past the house at dead slow and it's flat here. Steep downhill with lots of turns for a half mile just past us and I'll bet it's a huge sheet of Glare Ice. No way I'd try that hill yet even with chains or studded tires.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. I finally got some plants going again. My indoor plant is doing much better than the plants outside. The storm really slowed things down for the ones out in the cold.

Indoor house plant: Blue dream
    20190211_082916.jpg

Outdoor crew: Colorado cookies
    20190211_093036.jpg 20190211_093014.jpg

All are the same age

un-intentionally abrasive and commonly misunderstood

• Like Like x 4
  12. Update: got a nu ride on mon..2003 vw golf gti 1.8...144k wit nu clutch,heads and gaskets, strtr, wtr pump, timing chain,tires, reservoirs and hoses...those were changed at 100k..the paint job is scaborus frm the sun but i'm not one to care about that..paid $1500 dwn frm $2500 two mos ago..the car is a salvage car but its been registered and on the rd for 5yrs wit current reg and smog certificate..got lotta things that hv worn out to fix..first thing is hood latch so i can get in there easily..handl/clevis is missing...headlight cvrs are fogg'd so even hi beam is crap..some meguiars will fix that..$6..definitely gonna nd nu brake pads soon..every latch will nd to be fixed if it was plastic..it came wit all the owners manuals ..needed it to figure where the brake fluid reservoir was buried..nd a long funnel to reach it..it was low..oil was a quart dwn..fuel guage doesn't wrk or intermittently..no horn like evry car i've driven for last 30-40 yrs..think the fob/key battery is low and needs to be replaced..gotta look it up in the manuals..this car is so advanced its scary and FAST...think you're doing 60mph no its 80mph! gotta be careful i don't nd no tickets..its a rocket! plnts look a little better today 000_8505.JPG 000_8510.JPG 000_8509.JPG 000_8514.JPG 000_8515.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. [​IMG]

I wonder if there really is an Engine under all that "Stuff" I'd have to follow the dipstick to try and find it. :)
    LOL
    BNW

14. i had to get out the manual to find the brake fluid reservoir..you can't see it but it is in the upper right hand of the pic..buried!! nd a long neck funnel or a funnel and hose to reach it..definitely not something to do wit hot engine..not surprised it was low what wit the difficulty to reach it..ya german engineering fustrating if you've nvr come across it before..trying to get a haynes manual for the car..wot is this PDF bs..i want a paper manual..i don't hv no stinkin smart phone..

15. btw i looked up the vin designation for where the car was built..9BW is Brazil ! probally should look up the carfax if i can find a deal on the rate..think its $40 but wit a YT deal its $5..wanna know all about my nu gurl so i can treat her right

• Like Like x 2
  16. Glad to hear about the new ride, got to feel good to have some wheels again.

17. yes it does..movin on up like the Jeffersons

• Like Like x 2
  18. I loved that show.

Sent on my pet rock using my upgraded sling shot!

19. Update: been a ruff cpl wks weather wise..windstrm, rain, and snow..near freezing temps..today the weather was in the 70's and thass all the crew needed to bounce bk..hardy suckas..got the samples frm optic foliar..gotta read the instrc tomorrow and get busy..car's ins cert arrived today..doin title trnsfr on fri.. 000_8556.JPG 000_8560.JPG 000_8563.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  20. nitey nite gurls 000_8561.JPG

• Like Like x 1