Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

1. 000_8155.JPG 000_8156.JPG 000_8154.JPG 000_8153.JPG Update: only one cut made it to clonehood but its a solid clone frm the big GG..strt'd it on wk 1 veg nutes..soil plnts are settling in to their nu diggs..i'm hoping the soil is not too hot for them..still wtrng them wit rain wtr..they will finish as shorties..hydros are doing well and are on wk 3 flwr nutes...i'm doing a wkly flush before changing soup..old soup goes to cacti dwnstairs..i hvn't strt'd IPM yet but i will soon..nites are gettin chilly day temps around 82..time to think about the next round of plnts..first i gotta figure the timing out..for sure whatever i'm grwng MUST be done by mid may or first wk of june after that its too hot..means to make it thru 3 mos of no hrvsts nxt run needs to be big..i'm thinking we're allowed 12 i will do 12..4 hydro and 8 soil..for the soil the canidates will be strt'd directly in the 15 gal jugs..no regular seeds all feminized...fill the entire roof is da plan

• Like Like x 2
  2. Doc this is how I break down the year to get 4 harvests per.

Jan 1st = Harvest, Take clones, Set out vegged plants.
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = same
    Oct 15th = same

This gives you 3 sets of off season grows with a 10 week flowering window that is good for 90% of the strains.
    Only really long pure Sativa need more.
    The June setout gets 2 months of additional veg and drops into flower about Aug 1st and gets it's 10 weeks of flower till mid Oct.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thnx Woody..this time i'm going to write it dwn , get a 2019 calendar and plot it out..i'd like a june 1 hrvst but i'm not sure about grwng during june july outside..this yr it was 120f at that time

• Like Like x 2
  4. so following the schedule...the hydros will be hrvst'd dec 25-jan 1...the GG clone currently finally in veg will go outdrs at that time...the soil plnts currently flwrng may be ready same time as hydros... 000_8154.JPG 000_8157.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wind howled like a mother all night and the thermometer was reading 33 degs this morning up the hill in the San Berdo mountains.
    Be glad to get off the hill and back to the grow. Hope TTS kept a close eye on the new sprouts.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. ya it was windy last nite..glad most of the plnts hv screeens

• Like Like x 1
  7. Burrrrr

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Update; hydros are strtng to swell up ..right now they're on a flush..soil plnts are just going along in flwr they will finish on the small side..the clone got nu shoes.. 000_8173.JPG 000_8174.JPG 000_8170.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. <----- Awards self a big ol AttaBoy. The powers that be have seen fit to move the Hash caps thread up to sticky status.
    :) WOOHOO !!!! *****
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  10. your hash caps dosage is just perfect..best i've ever had

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glad you enjoyed them Doc. They do the trick for sure and I've been making and taking them for a good long time now.
    Like that old chestnut about an Apple a Day. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Update: decided that the nxt wave will be #1 and WF..drp'd 15 seeds of the #1..i intend to use 6 strongest of the germs then drp another 15 seeds of WF..see if any of them will germ..meanwhile i switched soup to wk 5-6 for hydro and strt'd givin the soil ph'd rain wtr..in the cold the plnts are makin dense nuggs..they are going to be right on time for x-mas day hrvst 000_8198.JPG 000_8198.JPG 000_8199.JPG 000_8200.JPG 000_8201.JPG 000_8202.JPG 000_8203.JPG 000_8204.JPG 000_8205.JPG 000_8206.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Looking good Doc.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  14. update; put the first bend in the GG clone using curtain rod..expect this plnt to be big n bushy by jan 1 set out..it'll have its own screen when moved outside 000_8208.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  15. Update: drp'd 15 seeds of #1 ..8 germ'd and i took the best 6..drp'd about 15 seeds of WF and will chk on sun..hope to get at least 3 germs..going to set up another led today and clean cloner and another res..clone nds a trim so i'll take cuts for the cloner..seedlings will go in the other 000_8218.JPG 000_8219.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey Doc, glad to see you're still holding down the fort and doing all us old farts proud! Hope this finds you well. I've been hanging at an autoflower forum more recently, having fun with single plant auto grows, tent / LED / Flo n' Gro hydro. It's treating me well, keeps the wife in med's and keeps my eyes red.

Fast Buds' Rhino Ryder (cross of unknown autoflower with Mr. Nice's Medicine Man; you might recall Yoda did that strain many years ago):

[​IMG]

Wishing you a happy holiday season with more buds than you can carry!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. gd to see ya Olde School..ya i'm still doing it..this my second yr out in the desert..i luv it! the desert agrees wit my arthritis and i got a great apt at a low price

• Like Like x 1
  18. Are you getting some of this pounding rain ?
    BNW

19. no rain yet but the wind just blew over umbrella and table outside wit loud crash..lotta stuff went dwn the stairs..i'll clean it up in the morn

• Like Like x 1
  20. Update: got five #1 in cubes and put 8 WF's in cubes as well..all of them are destined for soil in 1/2 gal smarties which should be here mid week..at that point they'll spend days outside and then be brought in to get additional lite under leds..after the hrvest ..i'll be able to just lv them outside and use security lite to add additional hrs to keep them in veg..bth of these strain 000_8244.JPG 000_8245.JPG 000_8246.JPG s show sex fairly erly so hoping i'll hv enough canidates of each

• Like Like x 1