Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Cloning in our low humidity was the most challenging thing I did related to growing the herb.
    Anything bigger then 3 fingers of stem and a cut down fan leaf withered and died.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The carriers keep the cubes up off the floor of the tray allowing me to keep the tray flooded without the curbs picking up more water. Keeps it 100% humidity under the dome.
    [​IMG]

Dome off for the photo. About 3 weeks to get most of the cubes rooted.
    My 2 cents.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ty yes its tuff in the dry desert

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. did the first round then took more cuts..let them draw overnite and do them in the morn 000_8069.JPG 000_8070.JPG 000_8071.JPG

4. Update: the first rnd of cuts all died..2nd rnd 3 are still alive aftr 48hrs so theres hope..made a nu deck for big un and trimmed all the plnts so they're more focussed..the soil seedlings are wtr only and let them do their thing 000_8084.JPG 000_8085.JPG 000_8087.JPG 000_8088.JPG 000_8090.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Grrrrrr Planted 16 seeds almost a week ago and got 1 sprout. Son of a.
    I'll get another set in the dirt today and use a different group of seeds.
    Time to take clones off the TTS seedlings and get them in the ground.
    BNW

6. YOW! i know that feelin all too well

7. I have been having bad crack rates also, but most of the seeds that I have been trying are 5-6 years old.
    Sucks though that is a lot of money down the drain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Update: the hydro crew 000_8093.JPG 000_8094.JPG 000_8096.JPG 000_8097.JPG 000_8092.JPG got screens..seedlings are going nicely the 1's already hv roots comin out the btm of bg,,tp's needed first wk of nov no ltr than 2nd wk..still gotta order kelp and neem cake to amend the soil..the cuts are lookin better evryday..gonna be a full hse

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Update: ordered the kelp and neem seed meal..it arrived today..ordered another quart of ph dwn and should be here tomorrow..runnin a flush on the hydros and will do soup chng on thurs..the three cuts are still alive but no roots yet..now that the ammendments are all here got some hrd labor to do..amend a jug a day is plenty..found my 1'' paddle drill bit so i'll add more holes in the bottom..on the ''to get'' list are rubber whls for the crts the jugs sit on ..12 pk is $10 000_8106.JPG 000_8105.JPG 000_8104.JPG 000_8103.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. Looking at calmags again and or powders

Guessing need to ck the water better w n wo the old flora buddy has .... Which I need to order new pens for ..... Thee list has been building lol
    But pens medium ... Prob a couple others need to come first
    Starting over such joy ..... But it will b once we have sum fine lady's going

11. ya its the old ankle bone connected to the shin bone..gotta prioritize your spending so you don't spend $ before you need to..its tricky but gd planning is helpfull..try always to think 2-3 mos ahead..thass how you save $

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tricky fer sure

At least it hasn't been many many years this time so I remember a lot and went thru whole overspending the thinking thing not that long ago lol

One thing I started over thinking today was the cal mag deal
    Getting notg cal which should work well as I mostly use coco

• Like Like x 1

13. Last nights jam session on the dock included. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. thass a blast frm the past..didn't Steve Martin like to sit in wit them on banjo and weren't they in the movie Paint Your Wagon wit Lee Marvin and Jane Fonda..i'm trippin this morn

15. Update: This morn all the soil plnts indicated and two of the WF got the chop..so its going to be two WF, one sensi skunk,and one the One..i reamended three jugs ystrday so got just one more to do for tp's..maybe later today..i'm not extending the light hrs i'm just going wit it so the plnts aren't 000_8125.JPG 000_8126.JPG 000_8127.JPG 000_8128.JPG 000_8123.JPG going to be too big like last time

• Like Like x 1
  16. Update: tp's are done ! soup chng tomorrow 000_8131.JPG 000_8132.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. The plants seem to be liking the cooler temp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes it's the perfect weather for flower and veg just do a little light supplement inside

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. update; grw thru screen arrived..thinkin i'd like to get 3 more for the other jugs 000_8133.JPG

• Like Like x 2