Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

1. 3 hrs and i got 68 gals so far..good idea Phat rain tarps 003.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  2. Merry Christmas Dr!!!!!!! I hope you have a nice relaxing holiday in your new apartment!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ya dr. what he said...

4. Update" Merry X-mas DAMMIT!!..seeds popped nicely sittin on the internet bx..i soaked the cubes in tap wtr for 24 hrs.. i used tap wtr..out here tap is desalinized so i'm hoping thass not going to be a problem.i'll pick the best 9 to wrk with..i nd to set up their space later today or in the morn ..for now the stove top light will wrk gd germed 001.JPG germed 002.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  5. Hello, my name is Bill W., and I'm an alcoholic! lol I just sold 2 oz's!

Merry Christmas, Dr.!

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. update; Sprouts went in cubes and then under 40w desk lamp with hi intensity bulb..you can see the vigor aftr just 24 hrs..i better get my smarties washed and strtr soil frm HD..get their space fitted out tp'd and space to be fitted up 002.JPG sprouts displayin vigor aftr 24 hrs 001.JPG sprouts displayin vigor aftr 24 hrs 002.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  7. Update:I'm waiting my first pwr bill to see which way i'm gonna take the grw..right now this is perfect indr grw weather..its pretty cold and i never used to feel it because the leds warmed my studio nicely and i wasn't paying for power..now i'm paying pwr to heat the place with electric heat..i have no clue what it could be even with 30% senior discount..i'm thinkin if i'm payin to heat the place i might as well use my leds to heat the place rather than the mothership thru wall heater/ac..cvr it with quilt cvr to reduce draft thru it use small space heater instead..take me a day or two to set up ugly cab again..just usin it for storage ATM..Sit brought up the point that most towns are banning cultivation outdrs but indrs is still compliant with 6 plnt limit..i can wrk with that ..new boss same BS but easier in the boonies to stay on the dwn lo..definitely gets too hot in summer for indrs thats when i switch to my ddeck and utility rm storage for now 001.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  8. Right on Dr. I dropped six in the water as I typed this sentence. Lets see what cracks?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Update: My sprouts are lookin gd ..gonna wash my smarties and wally bgs at the laundrmat tomorrow..stop by HD and p/u startr soil..i'm figuring out my sun exposure..sun rises on east side of deck giving the deck southern expsure all day..figure i'll put them outdrs around 7:30 am bring them in around 4 pm and put them under the led till i go to bed..use the sun to veg with and extend the hrs using the led as little as possible..at the strt it'll be easy carryin them in and out..later they'll go on carts buts that a gd while to that point..i unpk'd all my amendments and i'll be doing inventory nxt wk..i nd to get decent base soil and i'm gonna have to go to hydro store about 40 mi is closest..i can get soil for patio plnts at HD but the soil i build for pot nds to be gd blend to start with so it can ''appreciate'' like a fine aging wine..i have time so i want use manure in the mix..out of nine sprouts i nd at least 4 fems so i can make clones..its a looong road to victory sprouts on third day 002.JPG booonie sunrise 001.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  10. You have a smartphone? There is an app for that. It works great. If you get the paid verison, you track multiple dates. The free one works for just one time and date, the present. I was amazed.

Silence, I Kill You... Are You Afraid?

• Like Like x 2
  11. i got an ''old fart'' cell..voice with no data..gonna do it old school

• Like Like x 3
  12. Flintstones? Lol

Silence, I Kill You... Are You Afraid?

13. Would be nice if you could collect sunshine the same way.

14. Update; set the space up this morn..it was just puttin in 4 hooks and hangin the lite with pwr board..this little space is gonna be sweeter than i thought..it'll accept all my led sizes when the time comes..theres a small window in the corner for ventilation..the bth rm is easily the coldest rm in the apt any time of day and thats with the window closed..i still got to put up a usb fan and a therometer when i srt unpackin gear and find them..still no pwr bill so i'm wrkin on guesstimate..figure i nd 16 hrs for veg. minimum.if i put them outside around 7am and bring them in around 4pm tha grw set up 001.JPG ts 9 hrs..nd another 6-7 hrs..the tricky part is when to get those hrs in..they have different tiers of pwr figured on a baseline..go over your baseline and you are screwed..they'll put you in a higher KWH rate so its a very , very delicate dance..i'm chking into when the rates are cheapest..might be in the very early am which would be great cause i get up early,,i washed 10 smarties and wally bgs ystrday at the llaundromat..p/u strtr soil at HD..this morn i gotta get busy doing tp's

• Like Like x 6
  15. Update; Did my tp's and have them under the led 3am-7am then outside around 7am to 4pm then bk under led till lights off at 7pm..i'm hoping this sched wrks as well as i've planned..it rained and i caught about another 8 gals of rain wtr..barrels are full..i can take another 24 gals in jugs then i'm at capacity..lndldy is having rain gutter installed nxt wk.nu yrs was dead silent here in the boonies..big change frm the city..temps are in the 40's at nite 50's day..you go outside you gotta layer up even though its sunny..found out makes no difference in time of day the kwh rate remains the same tp'd 001.JPG tp'd 003.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  16. This will be their spot when the sun comes up gettin ready to tp 003.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  17. Update: Put in my 96x3w Mars-Hydro lite as they were ready for more..today is a sunny morn so i put them out for the first time in the sun led to deeck 003.JPG led to deeck 002.JPG led to deeck 004.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  18. [​IMG]
    Got all the veggers planted and the shed is down to just the newest set of clones..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 10
  19. Update: Tlk'd to grw ptnr to see how the clones are doing..she says they are doing unexpectedly well..they are bushy and flwrng..smelley n sticky..they went outdrs mid nov and strt'd flwrng right away so they could be ready latter prt of feb..she says with the rains she hasn't had to wtr in 3 wks..i did a lot of prep wrk on the soil they're in so its wrkin out as planned..i get 4-5 oz as my cut i'm happy..haven't figured out logistics for harvest yet..ideally i'd like her to do the chop..hang them to dry..then i'd drive dwn do the final trim and weigh out...or have her do it all drive up with my cut and i give her plnts to take bk and strt another round for comin summer season..i really don't want to drive plnts around in my car..too visible..she has a van so safer..

• Like Like x 7
  20. Update: The sprouts are being propped up with sticks n pins..grwth is a little slow because its cold but they are a hrdy strain..if its sunny i put them out if not they stay under the led..i'm not feelin it frm this strtr mix..just too loose..think i'm going to tp them into soil i brought with me..i was going to use it for the nxt tp but i think i'll give it to them now..wrk on it today during the games..today is my B-day and i'm happy to be here relatively healthy and in decent shape..i have high hopes for the future..i let the eagle fly just a little bit and bought a refurbished receiver so i can hook my spkrs up..i been playin my rig thru the tv spkrs and its not loud enough even using a pwrd sub woofer..life time sittin nxt to bass bins takes the high end off your hearing..now that its dead silent here in the desert i'm noticing it..oh well dick still gets hrd, brain is still sharp and i'm not shitting myself..i'll gratefully take it progress 001.JPG

• Like Like x 7