Dr Mengele's Desert Grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Dec 11, 2016.

• Like Like x 3
  1. Same here,@Magic M I live off of Lake Michigan I heard we have a ice storm coping Saturday lol... Doc I always thought your cati for security was genius and I also really just love cati, and other succulents, I've never been around a Joshua tree in person... hope you are getting along well

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sitn grinin and spinnin. Im loving the rain.

I wish I was rich, instead of so damn good looking!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Subbed

• Like Like x 2
  4. Awesome Doc, I'll be checking in for sure

' You've been warned '

• Like Like x 1
  5. Evening Doc! I hope toy don't mind me dropping in from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Update:Think i'm ready to get started on the nu grw...found my peat cubes and germing dish..i'll be runnin kyrptonite kush again..normally i'd put the seeds in shot glass of wtr overnite then into paper towel under my germing butter dish ontop the fridge..temps maybe 50's..here its been 36 at nite outside 60's during the day..pretty chilly..fridge is next to w starting germing 001.JPG starting germing 002.JPG indow so way too cold..ontop microwave a little better..i'm thinking maybe ontop internet bx after i do a temp chk on it..germing i've found to be the most difficult part so just gotta see

• Like Like x 9
  7. I had the same problem due to weather it seems where ever I have an appliance or whatever with good heat for germination it's by a window or heat register. I have one vegging tent I run 24 hours light with an Amare 350uvb. I find that to work excellent as long as the cobs are on. Being in the grow tent don't have to worry about temp fluctuations either. Just my 2 cents so many different things to use for germinating seeds[​IMG]

sent from my garden

• Like Like x 8
  8. Gmorning Doc. Glad to hear you're up and running! I have the same issue with finding a place warm enough but not too hot for germing. Lately my go to spot has been on top of the cable/internet box. It stays warm even when powered off. I use a Tupperware container with the lid cracked and the paper towels are more wet than others might prefer but its dry as heck here man. I finally got a successful run of 7 beans after killing approx 15 while looking for a suitable spot, lol.

I hope you get it figured out!

• Like Like x 3
  9. I use the cable box.

• Like Like x 2
  10. [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas Doc.. About 10 more days for this bunch unless I get to them before then.. They are done but we keep running off and I'll need a week to get them down dry and jarred..
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  11. Update: drp'd seeds this morn..i'm grwng SillyPharm's Kryptonite Kush which is KyrptoxOG KushxGrapefruit BA..i've been growing it exclusively as it suits my style of grwng..tomorrow morn they go in paper towel and butter dish which will sit on internet bx..thumbs are crossed seed drp and car 001.JPG seed drp and car 002.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  12. With vulgarian fingers, so juicy and plump
    the Lowrider rechristened as Donald J Stump
    IMAG0322.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  13. hI dOC
    Question
    Did you notice the Ozone Gen you had worked well as hiding any smell?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stiggy the ozone generators did wrk well hiding smells but your plnts can't be exposed to it very long unless you're venting the space..it can burn your plnts and stunt them..i stunted about 3-4 before i figured it out..when you want to get rid of odor quickly they wrk great

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sub'd Doc. It will be nice seeing an outdoor grow start to finish. Not sure I'd be able to do an outdoor grow
    here so have been looking at options.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Update ; seeds went into paper twl n dish some have popped already cpl days they'll have gd tails be ready to go in peet cube..its raining pretty hrd..so i put bkts and tubs out to catch much as i can germin n catchin rain 001.JPG germin n catchin rain 002.JPG germin n catchin rain 003.JPG germin n catchin rain 004.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  17. Buy a cheap tarp and make a funnel collecting even more for a barrel if you have room; easily put it in place before a storm and take it down for sunshine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome to the desert Doc, where rain is a much appreciated break from the norm, lol. We got dumped on last night also. I'm sure our raised beds will be bursting with growth over the next few days. Til then, I just like to kick back and listen to it fall while drinking something hot and puffing on some indica.

• Like Like x 3