Dr M Goes Back To The Future With FC-3000 Frm Mars-Hydro

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Mar 19, 2022.

1. outside sistas got screens too DSCN4024.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. yikes!..i better get more trimming done..just so i can see what i'm wrkinn wit DSCN4030.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. after trim DSCN4031.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. how do you check the res doc? Oh I see, that cut space in the screen? We grow soo different! Good work man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yes and i use a long funnel to fill it..empty using shop vac..

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. this morn i put in the first bend and did more trimming to the interior..pretty leafy so i won't do it in one go but bit by bit as needed DSCN4046.JPG in there

• Like Like x 1
  7. did same thing outdrs but not as tightly cause theres more room DSCN4045.JPG DSCN4044.JPG DSCN4043.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. wasn't happy wit res temp..85!! did outdr hrvst then took insulation jckt put it on indr plnt..temp bk to 72f..thought i could get away wit out it..pulled plnt out of res to trim and rehook..the density of branches is going to be difficult if i don't strt to flwr imediately..the narrowness of chmbr adds to refraction factor so plnt is not stretching for lite theres so much of it..its neither gd nor bbad..just gotta change up my roll a bit and adj... DSCN4059.JPG there are 8 S hooks in there..its so dense you can't see them..now gotta be on guard for PM and bug..at least it ain't soil

• Like Like x 2
  9. trimmed once again and flipped to 12hr cycle..3am to 3pm..lite leaks could be problematic..might chng hrs ltr depending on temps..added cal-mag DSCN4071.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. outdr is lively firmly in veg DSCN4072.JPG DSCN4073.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. DSCN4082.JPG this morn day 2 of flwr..think i'm seeing a chng in shape..i'm balancing ph old school witout ph up or dwn..the base wtr is 8.5 -9.8 ph..i want 5.6-6.2..as the plnts uptake their soup the ph likly will drop..5.8 ovrnite drps to maybe 5.4..rather than add ph up and fiddling around..i top off wit tap..brings it up to range i wana be in..cpl quirt of calmag evry other tp off..all are in the 540-600ppms range..base is 340ppms..hvy feeders takin a gallon a day

• Like Like x 1
  12. day 4..time for the big s hooks ..pull aprt the dense interior expose to more lite.. DSCN4086.JPG DSCN4087.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. same-o outside DSCN4088.JPG DSCN4089.JPG DSCN4090.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. day 5 DSCN4091.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. day 6...ystrday i added cal-mag, silica, and a bbit of rocket fuel ( 1-34-35) to the soup..outdrs got the same minus rocket fuel..too soon to cutbk N..fillin out nicely wit the stretch and firm guidance of s hooks..got three pks o storage solution for $7..keep my meters happy DSCN4095.JPG DSCN4096.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. btw the lite ht is 18'' above the plnt, res temp 71f this morn..dimmer at 75%..still developing bud sites tryin to encourrage stretch to that end

17. wtf? I showed you how $10 for a lb of solution salt, but instead you spent $7 for 60 ml. Silly doc.

18. i just don't need a lb of solution..what i got will last long time..i paid for the expedientcy..i'm also gonna order live tomatoe seedlings rather than germ them..i just not into it at that level..you hit 70 you get a break frm doing tedious BS you can pay for..shipping for live plnts $15!!!! but you cann use your food stmps..

19. I suppose its what you found convenient, that's fine. I'm not seventy and already feel the toll.
    But the product inside those packets is what I suggested you purchase.
    I actually change out my pH solution about once every two weeks or so. Maybe more. I find I've gone through that pound of KCl pretty fast.

Lookit what I'm doing bro
    upload_2022-5-11_8-32-31.png
    upload_2022-5-11_8-32-53.png
    upload_2022-5-11_8-33-14.png
    upload_2022-5-11_8-33-41.png

the last picture is my wife's work. I helped her not very much :D
    imma try doing the dutch bucket thing with some veggies this year.

20. are you using the long pointed plugs?