Dr. Ingham saved the world

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Kushqt, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Yo Kush! How goes the Organics my friend? I'm curious - really. How goes it since you did The Big Switch?

J

2. Sorry that you have been misled by propaganda. Please read the attached

Attached Files:

3. Hey if you are a facebook member, could you write a comment and fill in that dweeb who wrote the article that he needs to do his homework. Spreading crap like that makes it difficult for actual scientists.

4. hmm..interesting...let's hear what some others think...
    [​IMG]

5. Lemme ask you this. Is Doc Ingham not an actual scientist? I appreciate that there are "some people" who pooh-poo Doc Ingham but has this PhD done nothing to help educate folks on soil biology, soil tilth, agrigulture and horitculture in some small way? Does she really deserve what appears to be a lot of negative publicity in the MJ world? The paper referenced is over 10 years old. Pehaps at that time she was convinced that she was right and even though she was proved wrong she at least tried to alert people that something was amiss. IDK it just seems weird to me that "some folks" diss on this lady so much. I guess if she doesn' really know anything then that doesn't say a lot for higher education. Has she simply wasted the last 20 years of her life trying to educate only to come up with "she's a crock"?

It also seems like PhD's don't play nice with one another unless they agree on 100% of whatever it is that is the subject at hand. I've always figured that peer groups in the PhD world would be somewhat more supportive of one another than what I see in regards to Ingham.

I just don't get it so I reckon I'm asking for a reason why this PhD's work is seemingly not validated particularly in this Organic section of The City. Why? If I understand then I'll quit asking.

6. I would wonder if it could be due to claims not backed by actual science or research?

I don't know enough about the lady so I'll shut up and see how this pans out. I'd love to hear more comments.

J

7. #8 Microbeman, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    She has disseminated some good info to the public but this is talking 'strictly' about her saving the world.....right? Or did I say something different?

The 'crap' was in reference to the article.

8. #9 Possuum, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012

Ahhh so. I get it now. I did reference those articles and it appears she was pretty much publicly slapped down. Thank you for pointing that out. As you are more than aware she is bantered about and often quoted on different aspects of soil biology, tilth, composting (Rodale class), and other somewhat high visibility venues. So, she does get around but I'll take what I read from her with a bit more measured dose in the feature.

Happy High's :bongin::bongin::bongin::smoking:

9. To be 100% clear I meant the e magazine article linked to by the OP.

10. MM,

Slightly off topic but..... Write a book man! I'll buy it! I have your entire website printed out and I treat it like a textbook for quick reference anyways. I can't afford some of the products you sell, but I would like to support your research in some way.

Boro

11. I would like to support your research in some way.

Does he still produce DVD's?

12. good read!

13. [quote name='"Sam Mcgee"']I would like to support your research in some way.

Does he still produce DVD's?[/quote]

Duh! I don't own a scope though, and aren't most of those DVDs related to identifying microbes via a scope? Either way I'm sure they are helpful, maybe I'll get an order in when I return to the states.

Boro

14. " For those of you without microscopes the DVD offers a good visual representation of what is going on in your Compost Tea and soil."

From the site.... I will definitely be ordering soon!

Boro