Dr.Grinspoon 2000w LST/Top

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Unhinged, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Not a pure sativa, but my bro grows a sativa dom strain...he uses a double layer of that garden trellis netting (the kind with great big like 6-8" squares). He staggers the two layer about a foot apart and controls height that way...sort of scroggish, but not as constricting to the plants, and no diy required aside from being handy with scissors :). He does his thing under 1000's and tries to keep the netting layers close enough that he gets good penetration to both netting levels. Works real well; his shit's wired tight for sure.

I'm sure prolly something you've seen before, but thought I'd throw it out there for the sake of conversation.

2. pretty much...its training to grow the tips through the net holes...nice and uniformed bud formation on the flip

3. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']Ya UnHinged,
    It's a total pain in the ass, but I made my last scrog screen from wood and string...
    Last time I stapled the string, this next screen build I'm going to use the eye hooks.... Then just do a 1x1...

But I'm glad I used string over fixed hole in the last "learning" scrog which I did, like that orange mesh, chicken wire, etc. etc.. because I could adjust the whole size by sliding the string a little, it seemed to make it easier when pulling the arms back under the screen...

Oh, and the reason I want to use eye hooks this time, so the string can be replaced, without having to pull staples...

Ya know?? :confused:

Edit Add:
    Oh and 2x2 is perfect for like an Indica, top her out just before she hits the screen, then when she fills in the screen a little, flip to 12/12, and most strains will fill it with bud...

I'm thinking this strain you're going to be doing LST and SCRoG at the same time... ;)[/quote]

Alright looks like I'm going to start building something for her. Thanx for the heads up.

4. Sorry guys I've been working like a dog lately... Huge life changes going on ATM but as soon as that slows down I'll actually post something worth reading...

Ive slowed the nute intake for my Grinspoon do to the fact that my g13 isn't finished just yet so I'm trying to get as little growth as possible with out killing it. So far it's working out great. Definitely a sparse strain lol.

Thank you for visiting :)

5. Well good evening. I figured I'd do a little update on the Grinspoon. Like I said im trying to slow the growth by using a minimal nute dose do to the fact that my G13 haze still has roughly 3weeks. I've taken a few pics and as you can see im keeping her very low using pipe cleaners... Lol ran out of the copper wire so found the next best thing, colorful no? Brings out her green :)
    Also you can see where I topped her. Going to give her a day or do to come back after the LST and then move her to a larger area.

Kinda choked at my self for starting her as early as I did, hoping this won't effect it to much. Eh can always try again I suppose.

The power went out also today for like two hours... That was kinda shitty cuz ive noticed some leaf is curled... But we'll see I guess.

Thanx for passing by.

Attached Files:

6. Its a bush of many colors!

7. i grew dr grinspoon, with 3-4 weeks veg and 13-14 weeks flower. The best weed i've ever had + many of my heavy marijuana smoker friends said the same thing.

Nothing beats smoking a joint of these and going clubbing after that. You'll be in pure awesomeness mode, I've never had a dull night after smoking this strain! HIGHLY recommended. Btw. i dont recommend topping it, it will grow nomerous branches by itself and it will grow very tall. (at least 1-1.5m)

8. [quote name='"vittujoo"']i grew dr grinspoon, with 3-4 weeks veg and 13-14 weeks flower. The best weed i've ever had + many of my heavy marijuana smoker friends said the same thing.

Nothing beats smoking a joint of these and going clubbing after that. You'll be in pure awesomeness mode, I've never had a dull night after smoking this strain! HIGHLY recommended. Btw. i dont recommend topping it, it will grow nomerous branches by itself and it will grow very tall. (at least 1-1.5m)[/quote]

I've actual only topped her once so far and so far so good with the aggressive LST.... Not so low stress I suppose then lol.

Update on my G13's even tho the buckets drains are one inch tubing these little buggers (well huge really) have so much root the two largest plants have clogged the one inch drains and instead of draining correctly the 5gal buckets just filled up and well emptied into the room... All 60 liters of it over a period of 4 hours or so... Funny thing is I was cleaning up the room maybe 6 hours prior and everything was great... Luckily I have a pretty sweet shop vac (wet dry vacuum) and sucked most of it up and the dehumidifier is going to have to do the rest... So ya pretty choaked. All and all tho my G13's are doing amazing, so earlier the plants were swimming and when there done ill be swimming in meds for awhile :) I'm pretty impressed. I counted roughly 30 large cola's that are anywhere from 12inchs of solid bud to nearly 24inchs of bud so I'm expecting a lot.

Thank for stopping by.

9. UnHinged,
    FYI....

I use 3-1/2gal buckets with the net pot lids and had the same thing happen to me once...
    Now every week (when I change the reservoir), I rotate the lids 1/2 turn..
    My last scrog grow, I unhooked the lines to the buckets and rotated the buckets themselves a full turn..

Ever since I started doing that, it never happened again...

;)

10. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']
    UnHinged,
    FYI....

I use 3-1/2gal buckets with the net pot lids and had the same thing happen to me once...
    Now every week (when I change the reservoir), I rotate the lids 1/2 turn..
    My last scrog grow, I unhooked the lines to the buckets and rotated the buckets themselves a full turn..

Ever since I started doing that, it never happened again...

;)[/quote]

Ahh good call! Before I throw in the Grinspoon I'm going to a major revamp on the room... Again lol... Yawn... It's never perfect and you'd think after 6 years you'd think I'd have it dialed in... Guess I made it more for my plant "creations" then for growing large meds. Once there done I'm thinking I might finally have everything sorted out.

11. Cant wait till flower.
    Subd

12. Nor can I, Thank you for stopping by :)

13. From the pic I saw of dr g it didnt look like regular buds..are they regular buds that grow or did I see a wierd picture that just looked odd..it was in hightimes..looked like wierd little female flowers all spaced out..

14. Grinspoon!!! Subbed :)

15. Its a very unique strain

16. looks badass, I really want to try this strain since ive heard nothing but good things about the high. I salute your patience on the flowering time, eight weeks is already long enough on Indicas

17. I would love a taste of grinspoon

18. I may order some seeds now that ive grown patient...i was way too ADD before to wait more than eight weeks at first..now that ive got a bunch of indicas under my belt im wantting to see the dif with the longer flowerers..any bud shots of grinspoon? Im dying to see an actual flowering one

19. One things forsure it is a very leggy plant compared to a indica. I have atm Godbud and the nodes are Super close compared to the Dr. even when i had it under 24hrs of light it still streched nearly as much as a indica on 18 hrs.

Atm i do not have any bud shots being this is also my first time growing this strain. Its a very low yielder and very sparce but i know the smoke is great. Im a person who goes for Quality over Quantity.

The buds are whispy and sparce, there usualy isnt ANY type of cola's at all on this plant but we'll see how everything turns out. Ill probly be doing Dr.Grinspoon and Godbud under my 2000w with a large SCROG net, but like ive said in my posts im having to slow there growth to wait for the flower room. :(

Thank you all for stopping by.

Sex : Feminized
    Type : Sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics : Heirloom Sativa strain
    Flowering Time : Long 95-100 days
    Outdoor Harvest : Mid November
    Height : Tall
    THC Level : 25%
    Characteristics : Grows tall and requires longer flowering time

20. [quote name='"Unhinged"']One things forsure it is a very leggy plant compared to a indica. I have atm Godbud and the nodes are Super close compared to the Dr. even when i had it under 24hrs of light it still streched nearly as much as a indica on 18 hrs.

Atm i do not have any bud shots being this is also my first time growing this strain. Its a very low yielder and very sparce but i know the smoke is great. Im a person who goes for Quality over Quantity.

The buds are whispy and sparce, there usualy isnt ANY type of cola's at all on this plant but we'll see how everything turns out. Ill probly be doing Dr.Grinspoon and Godbud under my 2000w with a large SCROG net, but like ive said in my posts im having to slow there growth to wait for the flower room. :(

Thank you all for stopping by.

Sex : Feminized
    Type : Sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics : Heirloom Sativa strain
    Flowering Time : Long 95-100 days
    Outdoor Harvest : Mid November
    Height : Tall
    THC Level : 25%
    Characteristics : Grows tall and requires longer flowering time[/quote]

You should get a male godbud and pollenate your dr. ;) but it would fatten up and have some weird ass phenos lol