Dr.Grinspoon 2000w LST/Top

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Unhinged, Nov 14, 2011.

1. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']Subbed.....
    Looking forward to seeing this one bloom... ;)[/quote]

I'm glad to see you JJ :) thank for stopping by man, get the side. Y side going! ;)

2. Yeah ive seen this strain a few times in Mags so i desided to look up reviews and some info... Yeah right good luck with that. Really isnt much on this strain other then some reviews of people who were in Amstradam and said it was an awesome smoke. Its a wake and bake smoke or a thinking mans smoke from what ive read so im not sure what to expect.

Ive found a few pictures of it for anyone who hasnt really seen the plant. I know its a very low yielder but as i said in my first post Quality of Quantity. I grow many things as i said in my first post. The Ionizing fogger idea was actualy for my Giant Tropical Cabbage i plan on grown next year (Trying to make a record sorta thing) Ive also built a platform that spins ever so slowly that is solar powered. Ive also got 1000 "Tobacco" seeds that were found at a 1000 year old Native burial site. I say "Tobacco" like that because there not positive it is a tobacco plant because all the Tobacco plants today look nothing like it due to the extreme changes done to it. I have MANY more things i can talk about but im not going to go into detail unless someone askes (Not a Random plant forum).

Ive never grow anything more then 50/50 till my G13 Haze and i wasnt really ready for its crazy stretch... Next time i grow it i will be... Funny thing is my lights atm are maxed and i bent the CRAP out of all the branches to keep them from the light... Some bud will be burnt tho... Nothing i can do about it now lol. So being that i havent grown a 100% before im really LST the crap out of her now. So anyone feel free to chime in if ya think ive done something to steer me in the right direction. I have plenty of room and about 8ft of height and the equipment to make it happen so i figured why the hell not.

Thanx for stopping by. :)

Attached Files:

3. This looks like an awesome strain to grow out. I was thinking of doing a Durban Poison at some point, but I'm unsure if it's really pure sativa or not. The results of your grow will play a big part in my decision to try this one or not. :smoke:

I wish you the best, and hope you don't mind me posting one more pic...

Attached Files:

4. would it be possible for you to scrog?

5. [quote name='"Brady Kincaid"']This looks like an awesome strain to grow out. I was thinking of doing a Durban Poison at some point, but I'm unsure if it's really pure sativa or not. The results of your grow will play a big part in my decision to try this one or not. :smoke:

I wish you the best, and hope you don't mind me posting one more pic...[/quote]

Not at all

6. [quote name='"NaughtyDread"']would it be possible for you to scrog?[/quote]

It's very possible although a screen is something I don't have lol easy enough to make I'm sure tho.

7. Scrog is the shit dude... I got 7 oz off my last plant and there was almost no popcorn buds at all.....just straight grade AA buds!

8. I keep a five gal of o2 airating always ..a friend was over and he was like hey why aerate it doesnt thw oxygen just bubble up and leave the bucket? I didnt know the answer...any idea why we aerate? I know anaerobic bacteria are no good is that the reason? Or does more oxygen stay in the water?

9. [quote name='"Numbnutts"']I keep a five gal of o2 airating always ..a friend was over and he was like hey why aerate it doesnt thw oxygen just bubble up and leave the bucket? I didnt know the answer...any idea why we aerate? I know anaerobic bacteria are no good is that the reason? Or does more oxygen stay in the water?[/quote]

At higher temps, water is unable able to hold the same amount of O2 as when its cold so we aerate to like you said to keep the O2 content in the water. With not enough O2 in the water plants in a sense drown.

10. [quote name='"irnhed84"']Scrog is the shit dude... I got 7 oz off my last plant and there was almost no popcorn buds at all.....just straight grade AA buds![/quote]

Bah, guess I'll be making a screen now... 6ft long by 3.5ft is the size I'm able to make or larger cant remember the exact size I was wanting it.

I also might add my God Bud to this Scrog as well. Not sure we'll see tho

11. If you are gonna do a scrog, make your life easier by being able to access it from at least two sides. Trying to get the branches in the very back where you want them is next to impossible with just a front door like I have with my tent.

12. So the oxygen actually gets higher in the water? I was thinking maybe it would float away

13. [quote name='"irnhed84"']If you are gonna do a scrog, make your life easier by being able to access it from at least two sides. Trying to get the branches in the very back where you want them is next to impossible with just a front door like I have with my tent.[/quote]

I'm going to make it so I can get at it from all four sides ;) I've learned a little from GC on scrogs.

14. yea i just see it the best way for you to avoid the plants growing into the lights like you said would happen...no point in loosing bud to the light if you can control it especially with your access with a screen..

hit lowes up...they have chicken wire for like 2 bucks for 8 feet or something

15. i cant run a scrog in my setup because i dont have a separate res...as soon as i construct one, or move from out the closet into the room i will be able to avoid the problem of no access to the back

16. [quote name='"Numbnutts"']

So the oxygen actually gets higher in the water? I was thinking maybe it would float away[/quote]

Water absorbs O2 how else do fish breathe? Sure water goes threw the gills but it's the O2 that there gills filter out and into there body. As. principle as hydro the roots are the gills that intake the nutes and the O2. The bubbles do "float" away and get redistributed into the air but as the bubbles rise the H2O absorbs what it can and then the plants take what they need thus starting the cycle over.

17. [quote name='"NaughtyDread"']yea i just see it the best way for you to avoid the plants growing into the lights like you said would happen...no point in loosing bud to the light if you can control it especially with your access with a screen..

hit lowes up...they have chicken wire for like 2 bucks for 8 feet or something[/quote]

I have prawn trap netting that will work AWESOME, it's tough but ever easy to move with I think 2"x2" squares. When I have time I'll try and construct one and post images etc.

18. [quote name='"NaughtyDread"']i cant run a scrog in my setup because i dont have a separate res...as soon as i construct one, or move from out the closet into the room i will be able to avoid the problem of no access to the back[/quote]

There's always something that gets in the way huh...

19. Good stuff. So a scrog is like a net to keep the plant from growing to high right?

20. #40 jakesterjammin, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    Ya UnHinged,
    It's a total pain in the ass, but I made my last scrog screen from wood and string...
    Last time I stapled the string, this next screen build I'm going to use the eye hooks.... Then just do a 1x1...

But I'm glad I used string over fixed hole in the last "learning" scrog which I did, like that orange mesh, chicken wire, etc. etc.. because I could adjust the whole size by sliding the string a little, it seemed to make it easier when pulling the arms back under the screen...

Oh, and the reason I want to use eye hooks this time, so the string can be replaced, without having to pull staples...

Ya know?? :confused:

Edit Add:
    Oh and 2x2 is perfect for like an Indica, top her out just before she hits the screen, then when she fills in the screen a little, flip to 12/12, and most strains will fill it with bud...

I'm thinking this strain you're going to be doing LST and SCRoG at the same time... ;)