Dr.Grinspoon 2000w LST/Top

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Unhinged, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Hello all, I've been growing for some time now and I've been asked by a few people to put up my Grinspoon as a journal so...
    Everyone meet little miss Grinspoon. She popped on October 27 and ATM she's under a 200w cfl in a small tent waiting for my flower room to come full circle, so when I get to that point I'll explain the full setup with pictures etc.

The nutes I'll be using you can find here.
    http://www.innovatingplantproducts.com/
    I'll be staying with the low nute regiment.

Once the flower room is completed miss Grinspoon here will chill under 2000w of mh before flowering under 2000w hps. All in a top feed hydroponic system and possibly a setup I've been working on that utilizes ionized mist as well as a top feed system.

Germinated in coco and will be transplanted into a 10" net cup (if I remember correct)... With hydroton.

Well hope everything goes as planned, I've pretty much have always grown indica except for my current G13 Haze so I'm a bit leery on how a 100% sativa will go with a 90-100 day flower time.

Peace.

Attached Files:

2. Subbed.

You gonna do that thing by itself under those 2k watts?

3. Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing as goodsmoke. Whole lotta light for just one plant.

4. If you knew me I tend to over do things :) I also have god bud and a few others that will share the light but this journal is for the Grinspoon. Also use the same light to start my summer heirloom veggies, and have done some botany with peppers and pumpkins, succulents. So the light is all used just at different stages of the year :).

5. Well good evening everyone. Tonight I have a few pictures, nothing to exciting. First few is Dr.Grinspoon and the last two is my current G13 Haze with a little over a month left.

I've noticed that the growth has started back up (recover from fim) it took a little bit longer then I was expecting. As you can see the gibbled leaf, not a clue why it did that. As you can see I've started to LST it already and I'm liking the grow of the low profile.

Attached Files:

6. do you have that haze in a log?

7. Unfortunately no I do not sorry :(

8. Guys... he's using 200 watts... not 2000.

9. [quote name='"HelpDesk"']Guys... he's using 200 watts... not 2000.[/quote]

Correction ATM its in a tiny tent waiting for the 2000w room to be empty. Please read before you decide to make comments.

10. What day is the g13 on in flower?

11. [quote name='"Climbstoned"']What day is the g13 on in flower?[/quote]

Day 45 of flower and roughly 35 or so days left.

12. Yo Hinge it looks great bro! I'm glad you decided to put one up!

13. Dude...very spicy! I'm so in, not that you should care..someone else started a grinspoon thread a while back and I either lost track or it fizzled.

Wanna try er someday myself. Could you elaborate on the system you described a little? Any pics? Sounds interesting!

Jeez, I'm all questions, sorry.

14. [quote name='"irnhed84"']Yo Hinge it looks great bro! I'm glad you decided to put one up![/quote]

No thanx to you ;) lol

15. And so I shall follow.... Lol figured I'd return the attention:)

16. [quote name='"bhp70"']Dude...very spicy! I'm so in, not that you should care..someone else started a grinspoon thread a while back and I either lost track or it fizzled.

Wanna try er someday myself. Could you elaborate on the system you described a little? Any pics? Sounds interesting!

Jeez, I'm all questions, sorry.[/quote]

Well ill try not to disappoint...

The ionizing mister? It's the same thing a s a nutramist fogger. Mines just super sized lol. Ten Teflon 20mm discs that vibrate at a ultrasonic frequency that at a certain depth (submerged under water) turns the water into a mist above it. That unit has its own 5.2A (@ 110v) power supply with a 30ft cord. The actual fogging unit is in a separate res that is constantly supplied with fresh nutes and pours out a over flow so it keeps the res at a certain level. There a fan that is also filling that fogger res and pushing the created fog threw various 2" pipes which go to the 5gal bucket that is housing the plant. Being that the nutes are mixed into the water the ionized mist is small enough for the roots to process quicker thus getting quicker grow. At least this is my thinking lol we'll see what happens but I'm sure it will be great. Also the plant will be top feed once for one minute every 15 minutes. I'd take pictures but ATM I don't have the time.

Thank you all for stopping by thus far.

17. Thank you for the explain my friend! Sounds very cool, and no pressure as far as disappointment. I just love the look of that strain in flower! Excited for ya!

New to hydro, and not all that experienced a grower myself, but I'm in love with how much room for creative expression there is in hydro methods. Maybe bland stuff to you guys who've been at it a while, but every time I hear of a way I haven't heard of, I get all a-twitter.

Gonna shut up and let you do your thing now...thanks again.

18. Subbed.....
    Looking forward to seeing this one bloom... ;)

19. lol looked the strain up....was not familiar with it at all...looks very interesting...im going to be following this one....a real connoisseur you must be to roll with a 100% sat! i couldnt get my buddies on board with it...them and their stupid indicas (jk) lol

20. [quote name='"bhp70"']Thank you for the explain my friend! Sounds very cool, and no pressure as far as disappointment. I just love the look of that strain in flower! Excited for ya!

New to hydro, and not all that experienced a grower myself, but I'm in love with how much room for creative expression there is in hydro methods. Maybe bland stuff to you guys who've been at it a while, but every time I hear of a way I haven't heard of, I get all a-twitter.

Gonna shut up and let you do your thing now...thanks again.[/quote]

Hydro is probably one of the cleanest methods to deal with. No soil, no real clean up other then the leaf and root. I bought a commercial garb aerator for the root, stem and lead so everything get cut up and shot down the sewage drain just like veggies etc in the kitchen. There are so many different methods of hydro from DWC to Ionized mist, almost endless. Also I'm looking into getting a omega garden rotating hydro set up, look it up on YouTube VERy cool.