dr earth dry amendments how much and how often?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by WadeWilson_420, Oct 17, 2020.

1. if anyone is familiar with using dr earth dry amendments could u tell me how many tble spoons and how often to feed in flower, in a 3 gallon pot with pre amended soil.. i know all plants are different and some take more nutes than others but just wanted some advice from anyone who has actually used it.. for a autoflower btw.. thanks!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Slow release organic nutes... I'm just not sure they will do very much at all to be honest. That type of stuff goes in the soil before you start to grow, or when outdoor gets scratched into the top. For container plants that will live 90 days or less, I doubt much will be available to the plant by harvest.
    Maybe grab some worm castings instead?

• Like Like x 1
  3. No some take longer than others to cook like crab meal. Many are actually water soluble but still not as effective as in the soil but definitely works and helps revitalize some as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thnx i appreciate it! next run ill mix it in with the soil but i have been using organic worm castings to mix in the dry amendments each time so at least thats a plus lol.. thnx again appreciate all the help i can get! do u think suttn like a compost tea would help any?

5. A compost tea should help more then dry I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. You're trying to grow organic in a 3 gallon pot. Teas are going to be mandatory.
    That pot is less than half the volume of soil that is generally considered minimum sized for am organically grown autoflower.

Re: mixing those dry ammendments with worm castings, I think that's a very good way to go. At least you will have a chance at those inputs being bioavailable when you top dress them. I would probably mix them into the castings now, hydrate, and let them sit somewhere with good air exchange just waiting to use them as a base for a tea.
    Just being water soluble does not make something bioavailable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok will do! thnx for the help first time growing so im kinda learning on the fly

• Like Like x 1
  8. Organically growing autos you say?
    There is a thread purpose made for you right hrre: Automatics make good Organic sinse

Awesome folks that have a tremendous knowledge base. Start at the beggining and you will have plenty to read and learn. Feel free to post questions, ideas etc.. Nobody will bite.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hey man just wanted to chime in and let you know I've had a couple really good grows growing in 3gals with organic dry amendments. 3gal is smaller than ideal but you'll just end up with a smaller plant is all. If you have some decent soil you shouldn't need to top dress for the first month. After that I'd probably top dress every 3-4 weeks, depending on how fast your autos finish you should only have to top dress 2 or 3 times. As far as teas that's just a bonus for the plants. They aren't necessary but will help out your plants. Castings are great to mix in with your top dresses. It's hard to overdue it on those.

You should be fine man how far along are you?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. thanks for the advice appreciate it bro! about week 2 of flower will post a pic tomorrow for ya she looks good!

11. This is wrote by Milo the CEO of DR Earth

FEEDING SCHEDULE:

Week 1: Day 1- Thoroughly blend Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ starter fertilizer into the top 4 inches of soil in the containers, at the rate of ¼ cup per each 5-gallon container. Water it in with a solution of Dr.Earth® Seaweed Concentrate. (See instructions above.)

Week 2: Mix Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution™ at a rate of 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per 5-gallon plant.

Week 3: Mix ¼ cup of Dr Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer into the top 2 inches of soil in each 5-gallon container. Scratch in completely, but be careful not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 4: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 2 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After feeding, water lightly with pure water, to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 5: Mix Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Vegetable Fertilizer at a rate of ¼ cup per five-gallon container mixed thoroughly into the top 2 inches of soil trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 6: Mix both Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution® and Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate. Mix 4 tablespoons of Liquid Solution and 2 tablespoons of Seaweed Concentrate in 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After you feed, water lightly with pure water to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 7: Thoroughly mix Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Vegetable Fertilizer into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 8: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 3 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After feeding, water lightly with pure water, to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 9: Thoroughly mix Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 10: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 3 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After you feed, water lightly with pure water to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 11: Mix Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster thoroughly into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water well.

Week 12 UNTIL HARVEST: Use pure water only to flush all of the nutrients from the soil. It is important to understand that hundreds of different of varieties of plants are available to grow and harvest. Most plants have different maturity dates, for this reason we recommend 11 weeks of feeding at the minimum, if the variety of plant you choose to grow requires a long flowering period, then you may keep feeding with Dr. Earth Liquid Solution at a rate 2 tablespoons mixed into 1 gallon of water then applied at a rate of 2 ½ cups of solution per plant until 2 weeks before harvest. Flushing the nutrients from the soil 2 weeks prior to harvest will help to maximize your plants’ potency.

Best of health to you,

Milo Shammas

• Like Like x 1