Dr Diddles first ever PC grow - AK48 - Please read!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dr Diddle, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Update

Attached Files:

2. nice that is coming along now... i suggest once those tops have 2-3 nodes lsting each of them that will really make a bush... if you want it to be even more bushy top each of the 2 new tops than youll have 4 heads

3. thanks man.
    starting to bend the stem to LST the whole thing.

unrelated question, the plant is starting to smell quite strong when you put your nose right up to it... is this normal, or an early sign that it might be a female?

peace

4. thats normal that it smells strong in veg, some ppl say that they dont smell in veg thos eguys are all dumb, some days itll smell more than others .. but its not really a sign its a female

do you know how to check for females ?

2 white pistils will shoot out

other signs of females are the slower growing plants

tighter internodes

usally the tallest plants end up beig male

5. Thankyou for your continued advice and concern for my grow msad.

I know what I'm looking for when gender starts to show... Let's hope I can practice my identification skills!!!!

6. no problem man just tryna help a fellow stoner out lol so i got a few questions

1. how far are you in veg?

2. how long until you switch to flower?

7. my little tiny seedling with 1 set of true leaves yoused to REEEEEK my room up my rents would come home be like you been smokin your hashoil or somethin cuz it reeks in here

i have a pre big house to

thats a good sign if your plant has a strong smell because it shows you have good genetics , wait till she flowers, mine are 2 weeks in and smell like so many tihngs il make a list

they smelllike

dirt, kush, brand new car, brand new garage, pine, lemon, so many things in 1 i cant wait till shes 4 weeks in

but when you think youll update on the topping\?

looks like you did a good job though cuz those 2 pics you posted that were a few days apart showed no signs of stress or slowing down very nice..

dont be afraid to really lst it
    ya i know stupid but shows u what yagoota do

trust just bend it over past a 90 degree angle

if you dont bend it past a 90 degree angle theres no point of lsting it

the point is to bend the plant past a 90 degree angle so the top of the plant no longer thinks its the top so now the plants freakin out trying to find a new top so it transfers most of its auxins to the small little shoots and those will all pop up... dont lst until those 2 tops from u topping have grown out like i said

evreytime you see a new top2 or more nodes tall lst that down and youll ahve yourself an even bush in no time.. also your stem will be thick as fuck

8. With an image you mean? Can do that today if you wanna look bro.

I'm going into town today so will be going to the gardening section of a few shops to get my tray so I can start LSTing.

I will post an image before I go out, and one later once I've transplanted + started LSTing.

1. I'm on day 18 of veg.
    2. I have no idea when I will switch to flower... maybe on day 28 or so. I have read about people switching after 4 weeks (21 days) so I'm thinking I'll give the plant an extra week and to recover from the late transplant. Can you advise at all on when I should switch?

Thanks man

9. Update of topped section

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. #110 msad420, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    nice looking good do the tops look deformed though or are the leafs looking nice and healthy?

also it doesant matter if you transplant in veg

i tranplanted my 6 foot plant when it was covered in pistils no problems at all

4 weeks veg is pretty long for indoor with small plant they will either be 2x there size 3x and sometime 4x by the end of flower

4 weeks veg is 30 days, im not sure how much height you have and how tall your plant is but if you do lst you can veg quite a bit longer, just try and make your canopy coompleley even

you dont need to give it a week to recover from a transplant if you do it properly it should only need 12 hours to 2 days to recover

if i were you and had say 4 feet of height or so id keep on going for a bit id probally veg for 4-5 weeks maybe more i just dont know how big your space is

gimme more info on your space and maybe post up a pic of it and that would help alot for me to answer your question

also when you flip to flower you should also include those cfls underneath the canopy would really help

11. Image update for what you requested. Ill answer you properly later as i im on my phone

Attached Files:

12. My first grow started in P.C case. Had to move itto a bigger cupboard cos it stretched so much. I vegged for 3 weeks I think. Maybe flower sooner rather than later and see how much space is left for your next grow. If you dont have another cupboard to move it to you could be screwed. Looking good though and u will get some quality bud off it I don't doubt.

13. I will be swapping out the bulbs at 4 weeks. The prospect of the plant potentially growing 3x it's current size makes me want to preserve as much room as possible.

You were right about the recovery - transplanted and started to LST. Already the topped section is growing upwards towards the light, and the plant is healthy!

Here are some proper photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the advice AD11i, your input has helped me decide how long to veg for.

There are lots of bud sites emerging, so long as it's a girl, i'll be happy!!!

14. Update for the day.

[​IMG]

The shoots that emerged after topping

[​IMG]

The stem now the plant is being LSTed properly

[​IMG]

aaaaand the canopy

[​IMG]

A quick question;
    the nutrients I am feeding the plant are just a generic multi-purpose feed. the label advises a weekly feed, so i have been feeding her every Sunday.
    Do you lot do the same? One feed a week, or do you risk a bit of nute-burn for more regular feeds?

Thanks!

DD

15. This thread is getting good. Sub'd

16. URGENT!!!!

I have bought the next set of bulbs (2700k)... I intend to switch over tomorrow. I read i must induce a full 24 hour dark period before switching to 12/12... Is this true?

Thanks in advance

DD

17. Your grow is looking really nice man. :hello:

I'm brand new to growing, but I believe, from what I have read, is that some people like to do the 24hr dark period, and some just go to 12/12. I have seen good results in others' journals both ways. I'd wait for an expert though to confirm cause I just planted my seed for my first grow. Personally I'm going to do 24hr of dark before switching. I think this (24hr dark thing) is more opinion than fact though.

18. you can really go a 56 hour dark period to force the plant into budding

19. Thanks for both your responses. I went for 24 hour dark spell. Put the lights on at 7:30am this morning, to turn off at 7:30pm :)

Will get some new photos later

Peace, DD

20. Looking forward to your photos man! :D