Dr Diddles first ever PC grow - AK48 - Please read!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dr Diddle, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Update. I have a sprout.

FINALLY!!!!

Attached Files:

2. I put them under lights right a way but I don't know if you have to.. I think the lights just keep the soil warm since without leaves doesn't seem like much photosynthesis can happen.

3. good to hear you got one that pop'd!

4. What's going on with the seedling?! Woke this morning to it like this.

Normal shape?! Hahaha can anyone advise?

Attached Files:

5. Looks like its still in the process of opening its first leaves.

6. Ah okay, thought it was odd for the seed casing to drop off before the leaves emerged, that's all!

I have placed this seedling under light as of now.

7. Hello world

Attached Files:

8. I know this thread is rather inactive due to minor advances in the grow, but i will continue to update for tracking purposes.

Edit: i have placed extra soil for support under the stem as it grew overnight.

Attached Files:

9. how much room is thee between the leaves of the plant and the soil? and is there enough room in your pot to add some soil just to the underside of the leaves?

10. There is a gap of around 3cm between leave and soil. I will add some closer to the leaves as per your recommendation. What is the purpose of this?

11. it helps the plant establish a better root system, someone please correct me if i'm wrong

12. It certainly makes sense as it is providing support for the main stem

13. I'm interested in knowing if that is true too, I've not read that yet in my short time here.

14. #54 Dr Diddle, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Certainly hasn't affected the seedling at all (negatively). Leaves have grown out a tad more.

The weird dis-colouring at the end of the leaves is merely leftovers from the inside of the seed.

For anyone following as personal reference, the light cycle is currently set to 18/6 using an analogue timer.

I am keeping the soil moist, but not soaked while the seedling is still starting off.

Attached Files:

15. Very nice Dr, looking forward to seeing its progress!

16. Coming along nicely. Leaves are getting bigger + they are a vivid healthy green.

The top of the plabt is getting very close to the light source - will it continue stretching until it touches?

Peace!!

Attached Files:

17. Fantastic growth overnight.

Can see the next leaf set coming through ever so slightly.

Attached Files:

18. #58 thegodson, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    Subbed, I'm a little behind you but hopefully my seed breaks soil today and can move into her new home. Looks like great progress keep it up!

19. hey man im growing the same exact strain in the same exact case, im about 7 weeks ahead of you, and this is my first grow definately keep posting your progress!!

20. Please post a pic of your plant! Would like to see what mine will hopefully look like by then!!