Dr Diddles first ever PC grow - AK48 - Please read!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dr Diddle, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Bah okay... well this is pretty much a test experience, anyway.
    We'll have to play it by ear!

2. might want to use CFLs and not reg light bulbs

3. #23 msad420, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    yA im pre sue those are cfls if im not mistaken but the spiral is inside.. if there nots cfls get rid of those and get 42w 6500k cfls around 2600 lumens each.. your plant will grow way better with 42w cfls
    .. cuz if your going to grow you might as well get sommme material at the end lol.... you could fit probs 5-6 23w 6500k cfls and that would be very nice for that size space

when i started my stuff indoor i used 8 23w 6500k cfls , 8 42w 6500k, 1 45w 4100k cfl , 4 2700k 42w cfls , so about 45000 lumens... and thats for only 4 plants!

4. #24 Dr Diddle, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Already established that they are CFLs.

Regarding wattage, i think there must be a maximum cap where I am as I can't find anything higher than 20W locally.
    Otherwise i'll be having to fork out $20 per bulb + postage.

5. ima be followin this bruh.

also tryna start my first pc grow.

personal use ofcourse.

goodluck!

6. Quick update:

Seed has been planted under lights for about 5 days now. No sprout as of yet, but I dug a bit of soil aside to reveal the seed (VERY gently) to see how it's doing.

The root has tapped down quite far, and looks very secure. Not pushed up yet but it's looking good!

7. #27 Dr Diddle, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks man - good luck to you too :)

8. #28 msad420, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    you dont acaully need to have the lights on when it hasent popped yet ... its acaully alot better to make a humidity dome for them and put a black tshirt over em and it keeeps them at a slighly higher temp wich is good.. you can try it if you want ..

5 days is also awhile for a seed not to sprout mine took 30 hrs... i know evreyone has diffrent results but wait like 5 or so more days and if it hasent popped start some new seeds do like 3-4 seeds cuz than you have better ods of good genetics and them popping fast... you could do 2 plants in there just have to keep em mini... supercrop , lst,, are your freinds. and topping

9. It has popped, there is a root present, just not surfaced yet man

10. It's the same here, I can't find anything above 23W in the shops here. However it's easy to find cheap bulbs online. I recently replaced my single 20W bulb with a 105W, which set me back a total of £28 (nearly $40) but about $25-30 of that was the fact I got it shipped from another country, so you should be able to find one for a decent price where you are. 3x20W should be fine though, as long as you're not looking for a huge harvest.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures :)

11. If you can, please do feel free to PM me the store link for that bulb.

Just to update, A few days ago it still hadn't sprouted so I checked on the root... And it hasn't budged!!

So I've placed 3 seeds in kitchen towel again, so hopefully I'll get a proper root to work with this time.
    However, it's been 5 days now and none have popped... I'm trying to remain patient!!

Peace all

12. If I'm understanding your pic correctly all of your fans are intake and the mesh grid is the output for air?

thats backwards, thats going to create a lot of positive air pressure inside the case. basically, your carbon filter's not gonna work since the air will be coming out of every possible crack and leak in the case. you want passive INTAKE and active exhaust.. but with 3 exhaust fans you're gonna need 3 of those carbon filters.

13. Yeah man each fan is on a seperate plug so when the plant enters flowering I can turn them off to achieve what you said.
    I had read about this and took it into consideration - thanks for bringing it up though!

Meanwhile, here is a quick picture just from my phone. Hopefully second time is more successful!

Attached Files:

14. Your seeds sound shitty, it can be hard to germinate in paper towel sometimes, I find making it a little more damp is usually best. Keep it covered with something, keep it nice and humid if possible.

15. You're right man, not the best!!

One nirvana ak48 seed died, one still hasn't popped after a week.

Turns out the afghan bagseed was the first to pop! Fingers crossed...

16. Good luck! I'm surprised, I've had good luck with Nirvana seeds

17. I had trouble with Nirvana Chrystal femmed seeds. I got 3 out of 5 but 1 of those died.

Good luck though bro. Have u thought about a DWC system??

Checkmine out Below

18. After a lot of patience... A root.

When i plant it tomorrow, do i put it straight under lights, or can i leave it on a windowsill until it breaks the soil?

Thanks in advance

DD

19. #39 Dr Diddle, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    Edit: double post can't delete on iphone

20. Image

Attached Files: