Dr. Chronic

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Sevren, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Hello GC members,

Just thought I'd share my experience with regard to ordering from Dr. Chronic.

I grow indoor, in a closet where space is limited. This is going to be my third time, with my first grow being a little over a year ago.

My first grow was a complete success, and because I do not resell, the 8 White Widow that turned out to be female out of my 10 seeds gave me a lifetime supply of this amazing strain.

However after a while I just felt like I had to try something else, and this time I did not want to end up with a lifetime supply of a specific strain.

So I looked at the different options, and found out about the Greenhouse mixed bags where seeds are sort of painted in different colors to identify them easily. Some of you probably know what I'm talking about. For the others, it's a bag of 5 feminized seeds, with 5 different strains. They have one bag with 5 Indicas, one bag with 5 Sativas, and one bag with a mix of both. Each seed is colored differently so you can identify them easily.

Dr. Chronic is probably not the only place you can order those bags from, but it is where I found out about them and the pricing was fair enough. I did a bit of research before ordering and found some posts about US growers ordering from Dr. Chronic and having their packages confiscated at the border. I'm in Canada, so I figured I may end up with the same problem but I couldn't find any recent post from Canadian growers who ordered from Dr. Chronic. So I ended up going through with the order anyway and ordered 2 of the mixed bag, for a total of 10 feminized seeds : 2 Hawaiian Snow, 2 Super Silver Haze, 2 Lemon Skunk, 2 White Rhino, and 2 Big Bang.

On October 16th the order was placed on Dr. Chronic's website.
    On October 17th I received an Email saying my package was shipped.
    On October 22nd I received my package.

Not only did my package come through without incident, but shipping took only 5 days, and that includes the weekend!

Although the seeds seemed to be welll packaged, 1 of the 10 seeds (one of the Lemon Skunk) was crushed during delivery, and another one (the other Lemon Skunk!) seemed slightly damaged. I will be germinating a few of them in the next few days, so we'll see whether or not the damaged seed is still good or not.

Despite the problem with the crushed seed, I'd say this is a positive experience. Breaking it down to PROs and CONs would look something like that :

PROs:

- Huge amount of available seeds from website
    - Fair pricing (85 Canadian dollars for 10 mixed fem seeds of popular strains, including shipping)
    - Fast shipping

CON:

- Packaging could use improvement

That's it for now. If you were in Canada and wondering whether it was a good idea or not to order from Dr. Chronic, hopefully my experience helped you make a clear decision!

:wave: