Dr Burzynski : Cancer Is Serious BUSINESS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iCremateCanabis, Jun 15, 2011.

1. #1 iCremateCanabis, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    Good documentary, figured i'd post it here since the documentary section is overlooked and this is politically controversial, info on the site. Basically a doctor discovers an alternative to treat any cancer and it has no side effects, extremely successful, FDA, government will not cooperate, research or review his medicine since 1977 and they will not help whatsoever. Not only do they not help, they file many complaints, making many unnecessary court hearings and finally judge rules in his favor, THEN they (Texas Medical Board, FDA, Government) change the law in Texas so physicians can't manufacture their own medicine unless it is FDA approved, then they take him to court again. The NCI gets billions in tax dollars but will not give anything to his research, thus leaving him with $150 million to pay for fees, on top of all the BS.

The people (who are interviewed and tell their stories) give the timelines and express how everything went, how everyone shunned them from this treatment and how glad they are they did it. One guy points out that different forms of chemo and radiation have side effects like, Lukeimia (yes), vomiting, kidney failure, heart failure, mouth sores, deafness, infertility, burning urine, etc, and that all of these forms are approved and last changed and have been used from 73 or so and the last in 87, realizing that is some bullshit and the government doesn't want his girl to survive they luckily get her to the "quack" in time.

I just stumbled on it and saw it's free to watch til June 20th.
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/24821365"]Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business on Vimeo[/ame]
    Burzynski The Movie - Cancer Is Serious Business

also check : Taking back the FDA - The Boston Globe

2. So I cans smoke my cigarettes worry free now... No it looks promising. Gonna check it out later

3. This is on netflix instant watch right now, I just finished watching it. Crazy fucking movie its an undeniable cure to cancer the FDA or any agency that challenged him couldnt even argue that his methods didnt cure cancer even the deadliest brain cancer known. Straight fuckin crazy. Of course big corp is gonna challenge one man with that genius of a discovery and patent.

4. Watched this a few weeks back. It's truly amazing

Really is sad though that so many people have to suffer through radiation when this has been known so many years. And everyone is affected in some way by cancer so it is a touchy subject. Not comfortable to talk about so nobody knows the cure has been brushed under the rug.

I'm confident we can get past this whole mess in good time though when enough people find out

5. I find it intolerable that the majority of the patients' former doctors attempted to steer them away from Burzynski.

However, this was a great contribution for a thread. More people should watch this documentary while it's still free.

6. Don't be so sure to assume this guy is legitimate. He had 30 years to develop this medicine and no other legitimate medical institution has been able to reproduce the results he claims to have. This guy is a quack.

I seriously just lost a lot of respect for GC just from seeing the comments in this thread.

7. source?

he didn't have 30 years to develop it, they put him through half a dozen court trials, shut him down, took all of his research at one point which made him have to start over from scratch...watch the damn documentary.

i don't think anyone cares about if you have respect for them, it's the internet nobody opinion really means shit, but especially a new member who hasn't contributed anything worthy of respect

it's not what he "claims" it's what he records from his patients, and it's obviously worked for a good percent of them, you think he can just bullshit the results ? :laughing:

8. He made Quackwatch's list.

Stanislaw Burzynski and "Antineoplastons"

9. Type his name into Google and pick your source. His claim to cure cancer from human urine extracts is the most gross and disgusting form of fake hope there is. Many of the organizations that have denounced him are the same organizations that confirm medical marijuana as a legitimate medicine such as the AMA. Consider this documentary to even more biased than Michael Moore's atrocities.

10. This. Can we stop being butthurt kids online? you dont like something? too bad, go to another thread, why waste time typing shit you dont like in a thread you dont like?
    unless of course you have a life ..silly me

11. haha you can't even post the source? you tell me to look for it? AND YOU TELL ME GOOGLE? HAHAHAHA...google has a lot of bullshit and it's not a source

source?

12. I watched the first 30min last night. I'll probably watch some more after school. Good thread OP.

13. cancer is big business although i don't know this guys story there are others like "Run from the cure" that will show you the real big pharma story.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08hY647BroU]Run From The Cure : The Rick Simpson Story Part 1 of 6 - YouTube[/ame]

14. Why would he need a source. That's like person A claiming they have a cure for AIDS, and person B says that's never been proven. Then person A asks for a source. lolwut?

Sorry to break it to you, but the guy is a quack. You say it's been "extremely successful" with "no side effects". Oh, so where are the clinical studies? There are none? Well then, there's no evidence. From what I've seen this guy provide for as evidence, he seems like nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

15. Some of the things he does are a little out there and unnecessary like the coffee enemas but eating only healthful raw foods can cure many diseases including cancer

16. terrible comparison

what other medical institution? how do you not realize a source is necessary for this to be considered? i think the court testimonies of the families and patients is enough proof...will look more intoit when i have more time though, anythings possible. BTW i saw his documentary on the DOC channel, G4 channel, and 50 documentaries to see before you die :)

17. It was a completely accurate comparison. Just replace AIDS with cancer. Wasn't so hard, right?

So you're saying anecdotal evidence, which is never under any circumstance enough evidence in science, is enough to convince you? Do you even know how snake oil scams work? Placebo? You have a very poor standard of evidence and it's certainly not anywhere near the standard that science holds. As for your 50 documentaries to see before you die. Micheal Moore has 3 films on that list. :laughing:

18. Did you watch the documentary? There are undeniable sources and MRI brain scans of patients with brain tumors drastically shrinking over a period of about 6 weeks.

19. #19 Penelope420, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    Alternative medicine is also serious business.

There are billions of dollars to be made in selling people hope and promises, without the harsh side effects.

How very altruistic of Dr. Burzynski.

Charging people on their death beds, with no hope of a cure, hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a part of his studies, which have not been reproduced by anyone else.

20. Correlation =/= causation. Sheesh, some of you could really use a science research class.