DP90 for Veg and Flower ?????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by marleySKINZ, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hi GC :wave: this is my first post, but I've been reading threads on this forum for a good few years now, and i am soon about to start my first grow. Due to my living conditions/situation, i am going to have to keep my grow on the more stealthier side and so its not straight away obvious that there is a grow in the room. I have found the DP90 on numerous websites for around £50 to £60. Which is right in my price range. The size of this tent is a perfect fit for where i want it to go. The only doubt i really have will be how many plants will i be able to grow in this space (thinking of SCROGing) and if it will even be possible. Also stuck on what lights to use and was looking at a T5 2 foot 4 tube setup, with the possibility of some CFLs on the sides to help. So my question to you guys is.

Will this work throughout the whole grow??
    3 or 4 plants in a DP90 with a 2 foot 4 tube T5 (High Output)

Links to tent and lights ...

DP90
    Dp90 Dark Room Propagator - propagation tent

T5 lighting
    T5 LW 24-HO lightwave 2ft ( 4 tube 96 w ) - £79.99 : Essex Hydro-garden

This is a link to an eBay listing in which both are for sale as one. Which is what i probably would buy if you guys recommend :D
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

thanks in advance:smoke:
    skinz

2. #2 chimera2, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    Tents kinda small unless your growing a small auto, as that light takes oh, say 8" and the container takes another 14" that leaves you only 13" for your plant, also the T5 light while sufficient for vegging is to small for 4 plants in flower imo, I currently am using the same T5 for my vegging one plant and while its sufficient for that stage it will never do for my plant during flowering, check out my grow, just follow the link in my sig and you'll see what I mean.

3. my plan was to do an auto. apparently the lights only take up 6cm and i have found some pots that are only 11 cm high that should work. so i should get around 35cm to 40cm of plant space. based on most of the grow journals i have seen for auto's. that is enough space. with SCROGing i reckon two plants at least should be fine in here. bare in mind that i will be adding some 2700k CFLs for flowering too. give it that extra lil bit :) this is only for personal smoke too. so two plants would be fine

4. #4 chimera2, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012

Really only 6cm for the light, I have what is likely the same one and I just measured it with the hanger+the light+space between plant and light its more like 8", the hanger you may be able to do without if you have a way to mount it directly to the top of your tent but even then you'll still need a min of 4 1/2 inches(6cm~2.5 inches + 2 inches space between light and plant) also a 11cm pot is going to reduce the size of your plant leaving you with little end product, it is recommended that you use a 3 gallon pot for auto's also they do not recommend training auto i.e. scrog. Why don't you take a look at drhell4pays auto, here is the link http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/856349-growing-cancer-aurora-indica.html start at about page 180.

5. chimera
    i have had a rethink and a very long chat with my housemate. and we have decided to also get a BudBox (small) so we have that for flowering and the DP90 for veg. what ya think ?????

i just need to know what lights would be best. bare in mind that i'm a student who is tight on money. :(

i want to be able to get at least 2 ounce dry, preferably 3 as now one of my housemates is in on it and he wants some of the final product.

cheers :smoke:

6. I've got almost this exact setup, but I don't use autoflowers which is where it might go wrong for you.

I'm growing 2 bubblegum plants in a DP90 with that T5 you have listed. I also have two 125W CFLs for side lighting and use a 100mm fan for cooling. I SCROG and plant each one in a washing up bowl. The roots compensate for the lack of soil depth by spreading further horizontally. For my last harvest, the actual length of the main trunk of each plant was about 20" but with scrogging the actual height was only 10". Got just over five oz between them both.

I'd say go for it, but maybe ditch the autos as you can't really scrog them.

7. how do you have your CFLs in your tent?? do you just have one hanging vertically at either side of the plant ??

SKINZ

8. I use cable ties and wire to hang them from the top of the frame so they are horizontal at each end. So T5 covers the centre, CFLs at either end.

9. MarleySKINZ I have the exact same setup a DP90 & a 4x2 foot HO fixture, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do come flower time I'm guessing extreme LSTing.