Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Downward Spiral... Sigh.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SineDieDCLXVI, May 20, 2010.

1. Daily toker @ ten bowls a day.
    Same routine for the past two months:

10AM - Wake up
    10AM - Toke

11AM - Eat bowl of cereal
    11AM - Toke

12PM - Eat whole bag of crackers
    12PM - Toke

1PM - Watch TV while back in bed
    1PM - Fall asleep

3PM - Wake up
    3PM - Toke

4PM - Lay in bed watching TV

6PM - Dinner
    6PM - Toke

7PM - Toke
    7PM - Back in bed with about three bowls

8PM - Lay in bed baked
    8PM - Laptop

9PM - Kitchen... usually a whole bag of pretzels
    9PM - Toke

I smoke bowl after bowl at this point, usually about three bowls and it's midnight.
    I'll load another bowl, go get some Cheese-It crackers and smoke until I fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The bad side to this is the fact that I feel so shitty all the time.
    Here are some of my symptoms, straight from Erowid

• coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
    • difficulty with short-term memory during effects and during periods of frequent use (Ranganathan M, D'Souza DC, Psychopharmacology, 2006)
    • racing heart, agitation, feeling tense
    • mild to severe anxiety
    • panic attacks in sensitive users or with very high doses (oral use increases risk of getting too much)
    • headaches
    • dizziness, confusion
    • lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
    • paranoid & anxious thoughts more frequent
    • possible psychological dependence on cannabis
    • clumsiness, loss of coordination at high doses

As well as

• dry mouth
    • tired, red, dry, or itchy eyes
    • joint stiffness
    • fatigue, drowsiness, foggy or slow thinking
    • reduced memory skills, slower speed of recall

I have attempted a T-Break MANY times but my cravings are horrible.
    I'm experiencing severe depersonalization as well.
    What should I do?

This extensive use has also brought out some mental illnesses such as ADD, and Bipolar

2. Honestly if it's that bad go talk to a doctor.

3. Stop for a bit? Just don't buy any. Personally i have never found any kind of addiction to marijuana. I smoke on a daily basis most times but the last 4 days have been dry and i don't feel any different. Except maybe being able to articulate my choice of words better.

When im baked im just like,

Me - " Yeah that thing over there, no not that, THAT thing."

Friend - "Seriously WTF are you talking about"

Me - "God damn what is that word again, oh yeah that lighter"

4. i agree go to a doctor, only the first few days are bad when you stop just keep trying with those T breaks.

5. Their are meny solutions to this.

1) get a job
    2) go outside
    3) spend time with your girl
    4) spend time with your boys
    5) read a book

just pick one and do it sober.

6. I thought of a new phrase to help, but it's not too enticing.
    Detox, Desaturate, and Desensitize

7. Seriously man up, get a job and do something with your life. Try starting new hobbies such as instruments(guitar, drums, piano, etc). Go out to clubs and bars, meet new people. Dont sit around in your bed all day, you're killin yourself. I'm not judging, I like to smoke some fine weed myself, but atleast have the dignity to make a difference in your life and in others. You cant seriously have that many illnesses and issues so that you cant function a normal and active day. As a fellow stoner, I strongly suggest getting more active.

8. After reading this I am just very confused and have many questions. You don't have to answer all, or even any, but here's what I wonder.
    How do you support yourself? How can you even afford to do this day after day? haha I guess I'm wondering why you shower if you're not going to do anything but stay at home?

As to recovering from this spiral I ask, What do you like to do? what do you do for fun? What do you think about during the day? Do you talk to any one throughout the day? What do your friends do (if you've got them)?

All in all this looks like addiction. The first step is admitting you've got a problem which you seem like you're doing by telling us this. Next you've gotta find something to give you the strength to over come this. This can be a person, job, goal, hobby, etc. You may have to give up marijuana completely if you can't handle it. Best of luck

9. kid is prolly like 16, he has no priorities/responsibilities. soon enough hell learn.

10. If this is really how you spend every day then your a fucking loser get out and do something.

11. you're making marijuana look bad op

12. This. No offense OP but I've read other posts of yours and from what I can tell your problems are not all coming from cannabis, I think you have other psychological problems that are only being exacerbated by your cannabis use. Cannabis is a recreational drug. You're really not using it as so. I would call what you're doing abuse.

13. get a new hobby, weed is good but allday everyday you just cant.

14. damn man haha i feel bad for u haha everyone is hating on u. but ya man try going to gym or going for a run or something but do it sober. really your problem isnt the amount ur smoking but rather that u dont do much of anything, and any depression that ur getting is cuz u dont feel like your life is progressing. believe i kno how u feel, im kinda in the same place as u but i dont care haha and im not getting depressed about it. good luck man

15. Smoke more. This is all in your head, just smoke the "I feel awesome" weed instead of the "I'm paranoid" weed

That was what some people call a joke, sorry to sound like a douche. You just gotta quit smoking as much and break the habit of smoking after and/or during everyday activities. You don't have to quit altogether. Going from one extreme, for lack of a better word, to another doesn't work. In anything.

16. wtf man why would you want to DEsensitize? All the issues you've described have come about as a result of using weed to replace a boring existence. You smoke weed and sit around on the couch and eat and sleep. What you need is stimulation, not desensitization! Get up and do something!!! There are a million things to do, you must have had hobbies before smoking weed. Whenever I cut back on smoking I do a lot of the things I used to do for fun, and it's nice. Hell, if all else fails do something crazy like going skydiving! Trust me, THAT will make you feel alive!

[​IMG]
    ^I jumped on the plane with these guys this weekend, its a pretty cool pic! not my photo credit btw, another guy's helmet cam.

Anyways, back to what you should do. You don't have to take a T-break if you really don't want to, but try to scale it back. It may be hard going from smoking 10 times a day to not smoking at all, and I can understand that, but if you can't go from smoking 10 times a day to smoking 7 or 8 times a day, you're a bitch. Plain and simple, just cut back over the course of a week or two. Find some stuff to do in your spare time, and for god's sake get off your ass. Work out, try a new activity, as long as it keeps you occupied. Aim for only smoking every night before bed if you need it and you'll do fine, it's really not that hard to do.

After all, it's weed. :rolleyes:

*Sorry for the huge ass picture people, I don't know how to change the size and honestly I don't give that much of a fuck lol

17. ^^

Try not to succumb to the munchies so often either, the calories add up after awhile. The stuff that's happening to you happened to me when I first started smoking (not saying you're a newb) and keeping busy helped me

18. ive been there man but the longer u stay like that the harder it is to get out of the funk.
    htf do u stay in bed so long anyway? with all the crackers and pretzels youre eating you must be downing a fucking well of water everyday...piss breaks should have u up and outta bed every 5 minutes.............dont tell me u got a chamber pot!!
    but seriously man you obv arent happy doing what youre doing so its up to you to change it.
    and just my opinion: its not that hard to change, so quit wasting your time by writing threads for advice (although it did get you some solid advice from lots of ppl)

19. I can afford it because it's MMJ homegrown, and I don't have to work because I was laid off.
    Luckily I saved enough money to last me a year in bills and food.

And I added "desensitize" because of tolerance.
    Desensitize my receptors.

20. #20 crackrockstdy89, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    I don't think your downward spiral has anything to do with weed. Sounds like your whole day consists of smoking, eating, and sitting. Start an exercise routine before you smoke, or get motivated on some things in the beginning of the day, before you chill out and smoke. Also, after smoking, try doing something creative (make music, write something, video games, etc). Unless sitting and watching tv is your true love, you're just forcing yourself into a shitty mood. That's my 2 cents at least. Nothing's better (for me, personally) than a bowl with some friends and a skate session, or a jam session. BEAYHHH

EDIT: I forgot to mention, try switching up your diet also. Sounds like you're eating a lot of processed, packaged food. Believe it or not, the food you eat can shape your mood in a big way. Try eating more fresh, natural foods (veggies, fresh fruit, nuts, etc). it can help ALOTTTT