Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Downstem question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by flyboy433, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Ok, so I'm making a homemade bong today and I wondering what to use as a downstem (I have no glass or (maybe) metal). So then it doned on me, tubing! Now, I got LOTS of tubing but I need to know, will the smoke release toxins? I got a socket for the bowl but no downstem besides wire tubing or usb cable tubing. Thanks in advance.

2. search homemade bongs and you'll see all kinds of examples and tools/pieces to use

3. here
    silicon tubing has a high temperature rating but im not sure, it could still release shit being that close to fresh hot smoke and metal
    Tubing, Poly Tubing, Silicone Tubing, Teflon Tubing, Vinyl Tubing

WAIT! scratch that shit, youll need tubing that can go above 800 degrees Farenheit.

just go to home depot or somehing and pick up some stainless steel tubing, NOT ALUMINUM. stainless steel will work great. but dont use glue or any tape or anything, make sure tehres a perfect fit

4. My friend would use a chime like off a set of wind chimes and it worked great

5. take a trip down to build-a-bong workshop (AKA the pluming section of home depot) and just take a look, they have everything that you need to build any pipe you can immagine. I guarentee if you go there really high, you will not only have the time of your life coming up with ideas, but you will probably have an awesome one of a kind home made bong that you assembled with your own two hands. Plus its like 1/10 of the cost of buying one at the store.