Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Downstem pushing water

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by horrifiedmind, Jun 30, 2020.

1. So I bought my first glass on glass bong with a percolator and ice catch. The downstem has slots near the bottom. I do my best to keep the water level just over the bottom of the slots. My problem is that it pushes water up the downtstem after most hits. Mostly my roommate who won't listen when I tell them not to power clear it, this usually causes it to splash out and get water on the table/floor. I don't power clear, slow and steady for me, however it does still come up the stem on me some, never out but I keep an eye on it and pull the downstem up to drain that water before I hit it. Is it just water level? Is there another reason it may be doing this. I ask because even if its not overfull it still seems to do it. Thanks in advance for any answers or ideas.

2. 20200106_170954.jpg this ash catcher causes the same problem, water sucks up into the cone piece. I lift the ash catcher slightly after ever cone but using it with others is impossible. It broke recently but I solved the problem by replacing it with internal tar catchers.
    20200701_012008.jpg