Downloaded an update from AMD for my graphics card...

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Americandutchyz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Will it make gaming on pc any faster?

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6310

2. I think in rare cases there may be a bug fix that corrects the driver to return the card to optimal performance, but most likely there won't be a change. However, with AMD's Catylyst Control Center you may be able to overclock your core and memory clocks. Right now I have an HD 4870 overclocked from 600/900 to 750/1150 (core/memory).

3. thx for the response ;)

So its just the AMD control center that I have to open? The update from AMD is done now, but I haven't tried any games yet.. I'm eatin haha :p

4. Yeah just open it up and on the left there should be a tab called Performance, and when you click that, there should be a sub-tab called AMD OverDrive. From there, you can "Enable Graphics OverDrive" and change the clock settings (as well as the fan settings if you have a fan) for your card.

Looks like this, probably a little different though since that was the previouis version of the CCC (Catalyst Control Center) because I notcied they updated the UI recently.http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1533/6950-oc-ccc.jpg