Down to earth.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrowingTheDream., Mar 28, 2018.

1. I have been using down to earth products for a while. Just wondering what you guys think of their products?

For starters its fairly cheap compared to other brands and 2nd they are on Amazon.... And i fucking love Amazon.

I cant complain about anything i use. I use their kelp, neem, crab, sea bird guano

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have almost bought a bag a handful of times - looks good and widely available.
    I was looking at their label and now I'm throwing around the idea of adding some endo in my next topdress, that stuff lasts me too long and I wanna find another use for it. Have you noticed a difference between regular meals and the inoculated Dr. Earth's?

3. They stock a full line of DTE products at my feed store. I have been using nothing but DTE for many years with nothing but great results. I am very happy with the value side as well. I use DTE Endo for veggies and all their common meals like kelp, crab, shrimp, osf, neem, fish, fishbone, alfalfa, and soybean in my various gardening activities. A lot my friends use their mixes for gardening like biolive, biofish, etc. and have great results.
    I was at the hydro store buying smarties the other day, they just started carrying the same DTE stuff as the feed store, for almost twice the price. Go figure.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I'm a dunce - I got DTE and Dr. Earth mixed up. I'v use DTE for years....great stuff plain and simple.

5. Good to hear. I started with their 10lb boxes but have moved up to their 25lb bags. Most 25lb bags for for 50$... Not bad considering it lasts me about a year or more.

6. DTE products typically involve adding an extra link in the supply chain. Search out products from Concentrates NW or a retailer that carries products from Wilbur-Ellis or Acadian Seaplants.

50lb sacks of most of our amendments (except kelp) can be had at Planet Natural for under 50 bucks probably with shipping included.

The difference between the DTE shrimp meal and the stuff at PN is incredible. The DTE product is nearly whole shrimp shells...at PN it's a nice nearly powdered consistency. Both product lines are available to me locally and it's a no-brainer.
    RD

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Most everything I need to ship comes from Planet Natural except for my kelp meal, that comes from New Country Organics (used to be Countryside Organics). They are the national distributor for Thorvin and the 50lb bag of organic is just $60. Also available in 2,200lb amounts if you're really large scale. This is certified for feed, but they also have (I think), non certified for use as a fertilizer that is a bit cheaper, but still Thorvin & from Iceland. They are geared a bit more to the small homesteader/livestock than to farming.

Most stuff I try and source locally.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  8. I hate to tell you this guys, but down to Earth is flat.
    IMG_2507.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Great... One of these guys

10. I knew I wasn't the only one who used the empty boxes on top of worm bins and soil bins.
    cheers
    os