Down On The Worm Farm

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dobro49, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Roaches get a bad rap, IMO. I think they're pretty neat insects - definitely survivors! When I was in college my entomology prof had Madagascarian hissing cockroaches that he'd offer to students as pets. I took a few, put them in a plastic container with a wet piece of sponge for water, put that on top of my fridge and promptly forgot about it. A few weeks later I came back and lo-and-behold - baby cockroaches!

I'm still not sure I'm up to the task of raising MORE stuff. I'm growing an inside and outside garden, have a worm farm, 4 pets, and 2 kids (as a divorced single dad, no less)....adding a cockroach farm just sounds like work at this point. Lol. Maybe when the kids are older and I'm doing less work with them. :)

Man, I can only imagine what it'd be like living in Hawaii. I think you're right - composters dream!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I moved all of my bins into full shade, including the trap bin. That concrete patio is shaded after the morning but they just dry too fast. That may be an ideal spot when the Fall temps get here.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I got some compost going today. Looking to add to worm bins tomorrow, the shade and moisture is doing them good.

• Like Like x 2
  4. A nothing to update, update post. Just watering more often with the heat. I’ve said before that keeping them shaded makes for happy worms but just the heat being in the 90s each day will dry the bedding.
    I’ve also got to harvest. Just adding bedding is piling up and I’ve got to rattle the lazy bones.

• Like Like x 4