Douchebags at the gym

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by J2THERAGE, Nov 27, 2013.

1. So I'm at the gym today minding my own business listening to the Joe Rogan podcast in my zone when suddenly I feel a tapping on my shoulder. To my surprise, its some bonehead at the gym that's explaining to me that I'm doing the weight lifting wrong and wants to show me his method. I've seen this dude before at the gym and he is always getting in peoples space and just totally roid-raged out on some frat bro shit. He proceeds to shuffle me off the weight machine and demonstrates his method sweatin all over my previous space. He then jumps off the machine insinuating that I should present the magical techniques I had just learned. I end up doing it just because I didn't want to seem like a dick but he was pissing me off.

My point is that I hate these types of people. These are the type of people that post like half naked pics of their six pack in progress on Facebook. These are the type of people that chase muscle milk with their vodka. These are the type of people that date rape gurls. The list goes on, but I'm sure we all have met these types of people.

2. buy machines and weights a little each month...you'll have your own gear...

3. You dont know him man, you've just seen him around. So idk why you are saying all this jive @ the end of your post

You should have just talked to him like a human, seen his advice and if its worth listening to and moved on. no need to be a dick man he sounded like he was just trying to help you out.

4. #4 Adopted Smurf, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    not to be a dick but if you really were using bad technique that douchebag could have saved you from surgery and months of rehab. 

5. That date rapes girls? That's pushing it bro
    Lay off him, um it might be a little douchey, or just being nice?
    Can't really put your finger on someone like that

no dude, I do know him. In fact I've known him for like 2 years now and he has always been an uncomfortable guy to be around. Always flexin, making grunts and ferocious noises as he lifts, attracts unnecessary attention, gets in other people's work-out routines at inappropriate times.

Gosh diddly darn it! My technique is fine they are basic machines that I have been using for years.

No he was def being douchey. And I wasn't actually assuming he date rapes girls I was kinda making a comedic allegory.

8. u better hope that nigga dont have a grasscity account & reads this shit lol

sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using the Grasscity Forum app.

9. you dont have to get so butthurt about it lol does it occur to you that maybe hes just looking out for you?

10. Let me guess: Tapout shirt/wifebeater (or some equivalent), looking down at his phone after every set and greasier skin than Silvio Berlusconi himself.

11. Simple solution. Buy your own equipment, Invite some friends over and allow them to use your equipment if you don't want to workout alone.

12. That's not cool man. I was just trying to help you out...
    I've been fighting low self-esteem from years of bullying, and finally found something I was good at, so I just wanted people to like me a little bit, and to help them at the same time. Is that really so bad?

13. You should of said something man. Like "please get off me"

14. its funny people always take the opposite stance just to argure

lmao yaa he actually did have a tapout shirt now that I about it. I forgot to mention he looks like a skinhead

16. too much tv for you, people don't go out of their way just to make other people feel like shit, there are some douchebags about, but they are douchebags because you act like a little girl and let them get to you.

the guy seemed like he only wanted to help: he's big as hell so he obviously knows how to lift.... let's do the math If I knew how to lift correctly and I see someone doing it wrong it would annoy me to, you're at the gym to get big, so learn to lift correctly while you're there.

17. how do you go from showing off at the gym to a date rape? wtf?

18. I get what your saying Op. I gurantee all these people telling you the guy is a nice guy trying to help you would get super offended if somebody came and showed them how to work out. Im a quiet guy at the gym who doesnt want to get bothered so when people ask for spots/technique advice or even friendly conversation I pretend I dont speak english.

19. Just remember, there is no point doing high weight, if you don't even have your technique down

20. maybe he didnt want you to hurt yourself, he actually was trying to be a bro.