Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Double the 420

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PunkSamurai, May 23, 2010.

1. But evidence shows that Jesus was not even born in December and therefore Christmas is simply a fictitious holiday made up by the Catholic Church. You know I respect you, just saying, :smoke:.

2. I could have been more clear. I don't really consider myself a 'stoner' but of course I connect with other people who love the herb. I just fail to see the need for a special time or day for it :confused_2:

I'm a lot of things. A grower. A husband. A consultant. A father. A martial artist. A guitarist. I suppose you could call me a stoner, but I don't fit any of the stereotypes people today associate with that with today. In fact if you met me on the street you'd think I was a Fed or cop from my appearance. It's happened a bunch of times. Funny stories for another time there, when I was going to make a connect or something and people who didn't know me freaked out :laughing:

I don't see that there is a legitimate 'stoner culture' is all. I'm just a guy. I like lots of things. Growing and smoking cannabis is just one of them.

3. First, Hello OSG. its been awhile.
    Second, I'd never thought of it like that before. I enjoy 4/20. I take the day off every year, and celebrate, its actually kind of become a second thanksgiving with my family/friends.

I support the 4/20 holiday, out of tradition, but i believe its time to re-think this whole "stoner" thing.

4. I don't know for sure, but I have always gotten the sense that you are one of the older ones here, 40,50, or so. Well over 30 for sure. Am I right? I think that has something to do with it. I have never heard of stoners that are in my parents generation caring about 420. Now, Im kinda moderate about it myself. Alone, its not a big deal and Ill think, Oh, I smoking at 4/20 if it comes to that. But I wouldnt even wait 10 minutes to do it when I otherwise would not make it to 420. Also, Ill care about it for my friends too, since they like 420. Overall though, it is really fucking stupid. Especially since, I have heard that the San Rafael High School 420 origin story isnt even confirmed.

5. I dont like the whole stoner idea or image at all, partly why legalization is taking so long

6. 4/20 i think is rather rediculous, but even the lames throw down on 4/20 so whatever, any day that can make the mooches throw down is okay by me.

4:20, I don't go out of my way to smoke at 4:20 but for some reason it seems to remind me of times in high school where I did go out of my way with my friends and it was all so easy and simple and yada yada yada.

So if you catch me going out of my way to smoke on 4:20 I probably had a bad day haha

7. Lol I dont think I have ever smoked at exactly 420. I dont try to. i notice that it is 4:20 sometimes. But it doesnt mean anything to me really. Its just a time. I usually blaze around 10-11pm. Or whenever I feel like it during the day.

8. Yeah the San Rafael story has never been confirmed. I'm in my early 40's. When I was a kid I thought it was cool to be a 'stoner'. Then I grew up and became an adult human being with far more depth and facets than just that one piece of life.

9. OSG, i totally understand that, but honestly I can't even count the number of times we've gone on a drive to our spots, or went on a hike, or anything really, and right as we're about to smoke up somebody notices the clock and it's like 4:19 or 4:20, it just works out that that is the time we are all free together to smoke, like we all got out of class/work/sports practices right at 4 so we get back and it just works out lol. We don't even try it just happens. also i celebrated 420 this year, but who wouldn't look at this shit:

edit: well fucckkkk photobucet right
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Had this thread been in Apprentice to begin with I probably wouldn't have even commented, but it started out in Seasoned before the mods moved it :smoking:

11. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Deborah Downer
    ;)

12. Maybe you should take the time to read my other posts in this thread before you start the name calling, smiley wink or no ;)

13. I have to say I really like you. You are the most (or at least one of the most) level headed person on here. You dont act like weed is your life, you dont drive high, you dont follow stupid traditions. I like this.

14. hey OSG, you gotta consider yourself at least somewhat of a "pothead" or "stoner" I don't appear to smoke at all either, I'm clean cut, am a CU ski racer, do lots of shit, musician, herb is just another part of my life....but dude, you have almost 20,000 posts, you spend some time on here, more than anybody I know, you have been on here for almost a year more than me and have like 20x's my posts lol, and I thought i spent too much time on here. But yeah, the herb is just a part of my life, not my life.

15. Thanks. I'm all about the responsible enjoyment and use of cannabis as medicine, fun, food, fuel, and fiber, but yeah it doesn't define my life.

When I was much younger I was far more immersed in the cannabis world, but that was when I was growing major weight (100 lbs per season or so) and travelling the world meeting other growers, etc. Then I grew up and moved on with my life, while retaining my wonderful hobby.

16. As far as it concerns me, 4:20 and 4/20 are just another time on the clock and day on the calendar. I don't think I have smoked at 4:20 ever, but I could have, I just smoke when I want to and don't when I don't. I don't need to organize my days around smoking, I'll even go a few days, even a week or so, without it bothering me. Don't revolve your lives around a plant.

17. I think this also goes with how you said one time that you have smoked 20 years or something and never been caught because you are not stupid. You dont go into a school at 11:30 pm to smoke weed (yeah I did it, kept pressuring the people I was with to not do it but they were insistant though we didnt get caught). If any cop had driven by and seen the cars they would have called investigated for sure. I didnt drive high that time either tho.

18. But just having a habitual ritual of smoking at 420 doesn't mean that i'm basing my life around a plant, it's my favourite time to smoke (for aforementioned reasons) so I try to smoke at 420 when I can. I too can stop whenever I want, for as long as I want but I chose not to because it doesn't affect me and I can smoke at 420 because it doesn't affect my work ethic.
    You should just hate on people for having their own little rituals and habits. It's what the individual likes and enjoys and you should respect that.

19. Man, after all this 4:20 today is going to have real meaning for me! In fact, I better get a few practice tokes in. I'd hate to be rusty for the big event...