Double Budding/dark period flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oscar1984, Mar 9, 2009.

1. I read that if during the last two weeks of flowering for a period of one or two days switching the lights off for a period of 24-48 hours will not only increase thc content but also produce "double budding" or new buds to produce. Is this true the strain is white widow?

2. I heard the same thing... I also heard you can get increased results/speed/yield by doing longer periods of light and dark like 15/15 or 20/12... love to know the answer...

3. the only thing you could really expect if you cut the lights for 24-48 hours, then return to 12/12 for 2 weeks would be hermaphroditing.

there are a lot of people who leave the lights off for 18-48hrs *directly* before they chop, but imo, the benefit of this is negligible...most of your cannabinoid production happens long before the chop.

if you want to get a faster harvest, do 6/12, 8/12, 9/12, 10/12, something like that depending on how much bud growth you want to sacrifice for your quicker harvest.

seed bracts (the actual mass of the bud) are photosynthetic, and require light to produce. less hrs of light, lower yield. potency however is determined in trichs, which are *mostly* governed by genetics. so, their development depends more on requiring at least 12 or so hrs of dark. give them much less than that, and they wont flower.

4. Yes I agree this would contribute to stress...thanks for clearing things up and will just continue the normal 12/12 to finish..

Thanks for your reply