Double Bubble Thorough Cleanse

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by JuicyGoose, May 26, 2009.

1. Okay, my boyfriend and I were cleaning out his room at his parents house yesterday because he's moving into an apartment and we're transferring his shit.

Anyway, we came upon a box containing a double bubbler that seems to have not been cleaned for about 4 years. It's completely beautiful, I'd love to have it back in commission.... but it's got about 4 years of nasty in it and I'd like to thoroughly clean it.

Now, I don't mind taking alot of time and serious work to do this. I want any ideas. I'm thinking about simple green, alcohol... just about everything... I need you guys to help.

This thing is fucking nasty and I'm not sure where to fucking start.

I really don't want to boil it, but it kind looks like it might come to that.:p

Any tips will be appreciated.

Note: This shit does have mold growing in it. It IS that bad.

2. Don't boil it.

Grunge off Super Soaker it. This stuff disinfects it, leaves it smelling clean, gets rid of any rez in it, makes it look brand new.

Most pieces I let soak for a couple hours, but for yours I recommend over night soaking. Put the bubb in a large cup or bowl, pour the Grunge off on it, and let it soak.

If you can't get any grunge off, ISO Alchohol with Salt, and shake the nastiness out.

3. #3 slippeh, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    GO is best, as he ^ said, but otherwise heat your ISO and use the heated iso + salt

/edit haha yes please do get pics up. that thing sounds horrible :smoking:

4. Thanks so much, guys. I'm like very anal about cleaning my pieces, I can't believe he let this go so wrong. I wasn't even sure how to get the mold out. LOL, before i clean it i will take a picture and show you guys. It's so awful.

Haha, i saw it and I was appalled by it's condition.

I appreciate this so much.:p

5. Try the cleaning solution Awesome. I love this shit, leaves all my pieces looking clean and crisp =) Only a buck at the dollar tree, how can you go wrong with a buck?! haha

6. Oh, the other thing i want to make sure of is... will these solutions, besides the alcohol, disinfect this thing?

I do not want any kind of cancers. Haha. :D

7. [​IMG]

I did the alcohol/salt thing! It worked beautifully, thank you soooooo much!:hello:

My boyfriend and I will be using this asap!

8. you should still purchase grunge off for the future. it is the best.

9. whoa there still looks a little dirty/moldy

id let it sit overnight in alcohol and then add salt in the morning and shake it

10. Oh, i will, I just wanted to do this with rather limited funds and it was just a fun experiment for myself. :p

It's not mold, it's two chunks of fucking resin. I'm getting those out right now.

11. Very nice. I like the chamber near the mouth piece, it looks scientific.

12. No need for GO, its good but iso+salt does the job. I've been using iso+epsom salt for year and i've never had a piece i couldn't clean with it. GO is for the lazies who dont clean their pieces often enough, i clean mine very often so iso+salt is the best and cheapest.

For your case, alcohol will kill all the bacteria and the salt will be abrasive enough to remove any residue.