Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do's and Don'ts of Smoking (Newbie guide)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hooka, Jun 8, 2009.

1. #1 Hooka, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    So i was sitting in first period Latin today blazed out of my mind when my friends and I got onto the topic of what to do and what not to do when your high. I searched on the forums for a thread like this but couldn't find one. I've been smoking for a few years now and I thought it may be a good idea to make a guide or something to help newer blazers out, tell me what you guys think, and please add your own comments.

Do's
    1) Bring food or make sure you have something to eat
    2)Make sure you drink fluids, especially if your outside Toking this summer.(Bring Eye Drops)
    3) Despite some popular belief, exercise can be a lot more fun then you think.
    4) When smoking with new people, Don't be the first to call Greens or anything else, Unless of course it is your weed AND your piece.
    5) Keep your mouth shut, don't tell everyone that you smoked with so and so yesterday.
    6) Bring/Use some kind of Air purifying spray
    7) Be aware of your surroundings, this can also go with the rule that weed isn't legal ...yet:devious:
    8) Make sure that you always have access to larger quantities of sugar, as it can ease your high when you get paranoia/anxiety attacts.-Miklelottesen
    9)Respect other people's pieces, Houses and their weed (Corner the Bowl). Don't do anything to mess them/it up or anything like that.-Reasoning
    10) If you have something that will help the "mood" play music or something to that degree.-Sketchy Newb

Don'ts
    1) Don't invite more people then you can handle
    2) Don't invite people your not sure about to smoke with you, ask your buddies about them.
    3) Don't break up your weed into smaller bags, this can cause you more trouble if you do get caught because the police can tag you with Intent to Distribute/Sell.
    4) Don't smoke like it's Legal, Please?
    5) If you want to grow with your friends or by yourself, NEVER use a credit or debit card, it's always safer if you leave no trail.
    6) Don't Keep talking about how high you are, once is enough.-GWallace
    7)Don't mix weed and alcohol! You'd most likely spend your evening vommiting!!-Miklelottesen

2. Sounds pretty good, I would add...

DON'T keep talking about how high you are, once is enough.

3. #3 ford12508, Jun 8, 2009
    At number 4 on the Don't list : Weed is illegal EVERYWHERE unless you have a Medical card specifying you can use it.

I lied, you can use it in Uraguay. Contrary to popular belief, weed is illegal in the Netherlands, but is not heavily enforced when used in moderation.

4. I'd say this is all sound advice, especially number 5. I hate all the stupid ass kids that do it to be cool.

And this, I have seriously stopped passing the joint/blunt/pipe whatever to people who do this shit.

5. It's definately a sticky.

I have a few important additions, however:

DO's:
    Make sure that you always have access to larger quantities of sugar, as it can ease your high when you get paranoia/anxiety attacts.

DON'ts:
    Don't mix weed and alcohol! You'd most likely spend your evening vommiting!!

6. good start

id add dont nig lip the piece.
    on a related note...i knew this girl who smoked for the first time and jammed the piece down her throat like she was sucking you know what. it was pretty ridiculous. its good to not do that too.

7. DO's: Respect other people's pieces and their weed. Don't do anything to mess them/it up or anything like that.

8. Thanks for all the replies guys, Added some, gave y'all credit

9. #9 Neos, Jun 8, 2009

What...are you talking about? This has never happened to me.

Do use common sense.
    Would summerize a couple, although you really do have to spell things out to people, I've noticed it isn't that common anymore.

10. Play music that everyone will enjoy. If most people in the group want to listen to reggae, don't put on your favorite rock or rap song just because that's what you want ot listen to

11. Don't torch the bowl corner that shit.

Hold it in don't draw in and then cough it all out right after it is a waste of weed.

12. Could fall into the category of respecting peoples stuff, thanks i'll add it

13. If it's not your weed, don't push packing another bowl

Respect other people's fridges and pantries. You can't ransack it and eat/drink everything they own.

14. DONT: Keep asking if you smell like bud.

15. true.

DO NOT blow into any smoking utensil. this includes blunts, joints, bongs, pieces, and bubblers.

DO follow any puff-puff-pass-type rules made.

DO inhale correctly :p

DO NOT pretend like you already know how to smoke when you have no idea what is going on. you WILL end up embarrassing yourself.

16. Always clear a bong chamber before passing it. Never pass a bong if you didn't clear it yet.

17. DONT waste weed.
    You CANT get high from eating raw bud.
    DO relax and enjoy yourself, dont be loud and annoying.
    DO have cold water when smoking...ALWAYS
    DO ask the host about how to use the smoking utensil if you arent sure, pretending you know what your doing will end up badly for everyone.

18. Don't blow into the bowl, no one likes getting their green volcanoed!

19. Can honestly say I've never had that problem. I've been stoned + drunk many a time, and I've never even felt queasy. If anything, it steadies my stomach.

20. Don't get mad at people for being paranoid, it makes them feel awkward, and can ruin the experience.