Dorms and K9s. Question on using a lockbox safe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by the4.0stonerkid, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Hey guys, so I attend a public university in California. Early on in the year, the campus police and local sheriff department took k9 units through the halls of the dorms without any warning or notice one day. One of my friends, happen to have an empty jar, with no weed it in (but used to). The cops knocked, and asked if they could search because the K9 unit smelled something. He let them search and they didn't find anything.

Because of this, I've decided to bring a safe and keep only a small amount of stuff in it.

My question is, if I bring a safe, and the same sort of situation happens to me, where a cop shows up with a k9 during one of these "sweeps" will I have the right to refuse the search of my safe? Would they need a warrant? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

Best,
    the4.0stoner

2. Hide it outside and don't bring any of it into your dorm room. Just not worth dealing with the consequences. They smell drugs in your lockbox and you will still get busted.

3. Yes you can refuse a search. But don't be surprised when the school kicks you out of the dorm or possibly worse punishment. But you wont get any cannabis charges

4. Oregon K9s are no longer being trained for marijuana and current dogs that have the training are either being retrained and/or retired.

I know, it doesn't help you